What will stewards do if Rangers fans sing sectarian songs?

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

What will stewards do if Rangers fans sing sectarian songs?

Postby Davie Hogg » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:01 pm

When they do, I think fans should complain but will stewards just say its "a police matter" and when you complain to the police they always just say its a "for the stewards to deal with" and nothing happens.
We all deserve the right to watch football without Celtic & Rangers fans bellowing out sectarian hatred. Many Accies season ticket holders wont take their kids to games because of this. Especially when they turn up in the home end.

Wouldn't it be good if the club didn't cave into them and ejected every single one of them?

I wish the referees could make a stand and abandon games if sectarian singing is heard. By clubs losing points they would soon sort out their supporters rather than sweep it under the carpet.
Davie Hogg
Seaside Leagues

Re: What will stewards do if Rangers fans sing sectarian son

Postby Stodmeister » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:07 pm

Nothing , too risky and actually for the money these folks get paid I don't blame them , now the Police is a different matter ;)
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:12 pm

Heard there are loads of them from Larkhall with tickets for our end.If true,the same treatment as they two Well fans should be the order of the day lol.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby aldoaccie » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:11 pm

The bile that they spout is one thing. Spouting the bile whilst in amongst us home fans is something completely different.

I said it after last February’s game when one of their fans (who had infiltrated the home end) threatened to decaptitate a mate of mine after the moron and his mates celebrated wildly when sevco scored. My mate, like me, is a season ticket holder and we shouldn’t have to put up with it. One day someone will get hurt and I really hope that it isn’t tomorrow.
aldoaccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Davie Hogg » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:54 pm

Stodmeister wrote:Nothing , too risky and actually for the money these folks get paid I don't blame them , now the Police is a different matter ;)

I agree, but they don't to anything. The club should be leading from the front. We take pride in being religion neutral and welcoming to everybody (except bigots) and with the amount the clubs pay for policing I expect the police to do their jobs. The BoD should be asking the police to back them up by ejecting those singing sectarian songs.
Everyone in society has to do their bit rather than sweep it under the carpet, indulge in whatabouttery or blaming faith schools like Chick Young did. Funny how many Accies fans went to different schools yet aren't bigoted.

I have nothing but praise for Stevie Clarke and I hope its a watershed moment. People in other countries must be laughing at us.
Davie Hogg
Seaside Leagues

Postby Swift Frank » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:10 am

Join in?
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Gav » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:23 pm

Stodmeister wrote:Nothing , too risky and actually for the money these folks get paid I don't blame them , now the Police is a different matter ;)

Why should the club spend a fortume employing them then. They are paid to do a job and should do it properly.
Gav
Championship

Postby aldoaccie » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:45 pm

Didn’t see any issues today where i was next to the director’s box, other than morons in hospitality banging their neanderthal heads against the glass.

Any bother anywhere else?
aldoaccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Gav » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:51 pm

aldoaccie wrote:Didn’t see any issues today where i was next to the director’s box, other than morons in hospitality banging their neanderthal heads against the glass.

Any bother anywhere else?

Apart fron F*** the pope chanted after 30 seconds, the Stevie Clarke song and general secterianism for 90 mins yet the police stood watching aboout a dozen Accies fans and did hee haw about the away fans.
Gav
Championship

Postby Swift Frank » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:41 pm

As Jim Spence quite rightly pointed out on BBC Sportsound yesterday re bigotry,you can't educate them if they have no brain to educate.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby aldoaccie » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:54 am

Swift Frank wrote:As Jim Spence quite rightly pointed out on BBC Sportsound yesterday re bigotry,you can't educate them if they have no brain to educate.

Amen to that.
aldoaccie
Seaside Leagues

Return to The Accies