Season Tickets (end of season package)

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Season Tickets (end of season package)

Postby Bluesy » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:19 am

I'm wondering what everyone thinks about the concept of a cut price season ticket for the last few games? (I have no idea if this kind of thing is possible - I'm just putting it out there).

My group has season tickets already and I would not be bothered if the club offered cut price packages.

It is after all a totally different set of circumstances now.

By my reckoning we have 6 home games to play (Rangers, Hearts, St Mirren + 3 post split since that would make 19 home games)

£40 adult and £10 kids might seem a big discount however some of these people would hopefully renew next season.

People turned off by Canning and those who came to see the under 19s (I originally typed "those turned on by the under 19s" but thankfully realised in time) perhaps are the low hanging fruit and others who are just getting interested since the league is much more competitive and getting better coverage are also a target.

There are people out there interested in Accies and anything to get more people in and build the atmosphere would be good in my book.
Bluesy
Premiership

Re: Season Tickets (end of season package)

Postby porcupine » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:33 am

It's a good idea, Bluesy, but if it were me I'd not be as a deep discounter than you. I appreciate that it's unlikely that 'new' support would come along to all six games as a PATG, but here's my suggestion why I think your pricing is too cheap.

Given that we host both Rangers and Hearts, we don't want either sets of their fans buying a seat for £40 (which some might just do, given their own expensive season ticket pricing). That could cause crowd problems in the main stand.

Make the price £60 for all adults including over 60's and £12 for under 18's. £10/£2 a game is still a bargain for Premiership football. That compares well with £132 for all six PATG games for an adult.

The Club should seriously consider this idea NOW as, properly organised, it could also generate good publicity, and incentivise many to then buy a season for 2019/20.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:42 am

That's a good point about Rangers - perhaps even do it for all games after that one.

I think it is important that it is described as a season ticket and with the right to renew attached to that.

It's all about increasing attendances this season with a view to keeping them for next.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:30 pm

Great Idea
Where do I sign?
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby porcupine » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:58 pm

Over to Accies FCSLO :?: :?: :?:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Begs.hafc » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:39 pm

Sounds like a great idea.
Begs.hafc
Seaside Leagues

Postby judgeflash » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:16 pm

Bluesy wrote:I'm wondering what everyone thinks about the concept of a cut price season ticket for the last few games? (I have no idea if this kind of thing is possible - I'm just putting it out there).

My group has season tickets already and I would not be bothered if the club offered cut price packages.

It is after all a totally different set of circumstances now.

By my reckoning we have 6 home games to play (Rangers, Hearts, St Mirren + 3 post split since that would make 19 home games)

£40 adult and £10 kids might seem a big discount however some of these people would hopefully renew next season.

People turned off by Canning and those who came to see the under 19s (I originally typed "those turned on by the under 19s" but thankfully realised in time) perhaps are the low hanging fruit and others who are just getting interested since the league is much more competitive and getting better coverage are also a target.

There are people out there interested in Accies and anything to get more people in and build the atmosphere would be good in my book.

I am sure a few seasons ago they did something like this? but I think it was maybe only 6 games or something all discounted?
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:34 pm

Yes they did 3 match packages.
I would be keen however for it to be presented as a season ticket and then hopefully people will then renew.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:27 pm

Great idea, anything that gets fans through the door.

Was very surprised by the poor turn out on Wednesday considering it wasn’t even a champions league night. The seats around me which are normally full with regulars was bare.

Pricing at £40 would be fine as would Rangers fans buy a ticket at that price when it’s on the tv, very much doubt it, you might get the odd one or two but there’ll still away fans in the home end regardless of this.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Bluesy » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:12 pm

Sean, any chance you could pass on that current season ticket holders are likely to have no objection to a heavily discounted end of season ticket package.
I'm so reinvigorated regarding this season now and can't wait for Easter Road. Is there a HAFSWO bus running?
Bluesy
Premiership

Return to The Accies