4%
Gordon Strachan
No votes
Alan Stubbs
No votes

Total votes : 25

Re: New manager

Postby Jacobsladder » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:39 pm

If it is Brian Rice it shows a lack of in the words of Mick Foley “testicular fortitude “

We need a manager with a bit of clout that wil bring the fans back - not sure if this will work
Jacobsladder
Pub League

Postby master1 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:46 pm

Brian Rice......is that the best we can do, Mr Maitland if true has too take a long hard look at himself.
We need a man manager as well as a football manager John Hughes all day long.
master1
Pub League

Postby Jacobsladder » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:50 pm

Maybe the director of football set up has put off a lot of the bigger names who are used to doing everything themselves
Jacobsladder
Pub League

Postby Accies Bill » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:02 pm

Oh well, its looking like Brian Rice, I know things were not good but I hope we dont live to regret this one. This too me is a like for like replacement and its behind the scenes we should be looking at, the recruitment, the way the club is run etc.
Accies Bill
Pub League

Postby Bomber Harris » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:17 pm

What a bunch of negative Normans you lot really are
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:30 pm

Would have just kept Canning if I knew the bottom clubs failing assistant manager was going to be the replacement. Hope to be proved wrong.
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby Swift Frank » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:12 pm

Possibly the pishiest of pish appointments.
I truly despair.
Only Accies could announce 24 hours previous that applications from Spain,France, as well as well known English and Scottish hopefuls were received and then settle for a guy from Whitburn with a gambling addiction.
PISH !
PISH!
PISH!
Last edited by Swift Frank on Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Tumbleweed.. » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:30 pm

I had hoped that with Canning gone we could have reset the negativity button on here, but obviously not !

While Brian Rice may not be my choice, I think we have got to trust Allan Maitland to make an appointment which will fulfil the criteria he has outlined in the media, someone to bring in a bit of flair and who will prepare and use a pathway for the academy players to progress into the first team. He has also had the balls to sack Canning when most, if not all, of us didn't think that would ever happen, and has given reasons which chime with what many fans held against Canning, particularly the negativity of playing not to lose rather than trying to win. He has also taken the fans recent and ongoing reaction to Canning into account and to me this means he is due some slack and trust in his judgement.

If whoever is appointed fails to rise to the task then we can start complaining again, but until then I'm willing to give Maitland my backing to make the right call.
On the outskirts of nowhere, on the ring road to somewhere, on the verge of indecision, I'll always take the roundabout way.
Tumbleweed..
Seaside Leagues

Postby Swift Frank » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:34 pm

PISH APPOINTMENT!
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Tumbleweed.. » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:55 pm

One mans pish is another mans urotherapy. Drink up :D
On the outskirts of nowhere, on the ring road to somewhere, on the verge of indecision, I'll always take the roundabout way.
Tumbleweed..
Seaside Leagues

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:57 pm

Underwhelming appointment and probably another chance missed to get in someone who will excite the fans while doing the business.

Think he previously worked with the Owners at Clyde,so another puppet.Still will give him a chance but we better not look back in the future at another great opportunity wasted.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:04 am

Is this something about SF being a uroseptic?

Nothing official, yet, on new manager's name, but like Tumbleweed, we HAVE to give the appointee a chance, at least until the end of the season, to see whether he can make the difference in the team's results in all the remaining games. The last manager we had with BR on his tracksuit didn't do too badly at Accies.

And don't start suggesting we're only going to appoint a manager that can fit into some old track suits that don't need to be rebadged to save some money.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:25 am

I think we are only appointing a Head Coach that can fit into some old track suits that don't need to be rebadged to save some money
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Accies Bill » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:11 am

Confirmed, Brain Rice new head coach, after late night talks last night. He will be in the dug out this Saturday.
Accies Bill
Pub League

Postby smc4761 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:06 pm

Looks like we have gone for the cheap option with Brian Rice as our new manager.

Plenty of coaching experience maybe but has only ever been an assistant manager. he was Alan Stubbs assistant at St Midden and we all know how that ended.

Interest in the role from all over , 50 applicants and we choose Brian Rice

I hope i am wrong but this does not bode well
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:24 pm

It looks to me like the board and academy guys might be a bit more involved. I actually have quite a good feeling about it. I'm sure we won't see anti football anymore as I think Maitland has asked for that and I'm sure Rice was hired on that basis.
You can pull me up at the Accies World Advocaat night out if it happens for being a niave happy clapper if we've gone backwards by then.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:59 pm

Advertiser saying it will be announced at Noon and that Rice will be on an initial 2 and a half year deal, rolling on therefater if a success. Not necessarily a cheap appointment if it doesn't work out early on. As others have said a bit underwhelmed but then I was underwhelmed when Alex was appointed and look at how that turned out and was even more underwhelmed by Cannings appointment and look how that turned out. Reality is we have no way of knowing how good he will be at this point in time. In his favour he has a wealth of experience as a player and as a coach and it seems the Board/Maitland have put a bit of thought into this. For all the talk of great interest in the post yesterday I suspect when they decided on the new structure they had Rice and few others on a list to approach. Its been too quick otherwise. He has a number of challenges ahead of him. Number one keep us up. If he can do that then already he has made an impact (Martin IMO was never going to do that this season). Then he has to satisfy the demand for a pathway for the young players. Ronnie acknowledged at the last fans forum it was difficult in the Premier League. Its even more difficult in current circumstances and I hope he will be judged on that next season. Next to be successful in my books, if he has kept us up he needs to show evidence of taking us forward. No more treating the cups as training exercises and no more talk of just surviving. Success would be at least a 7/8/9 finish next season. And lastly he has to show he can work within the new structure of DoF and head coach. Given he has never been a manager that might be the easiest of his challenges. A lot may depend on how Mcgonigall carries out the role. If he does a Levein and sits in the stand and sends notes down to the Head Coach we are doomed. So we got what most of us wanted a change. Who ever got the job someone wouldnt be happy. I’m optimistic, looking forward to saturday and the rest of the season.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:09 pm

Well said Thomas.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:26 pm

Looking at the press conference photos anyone else think Boozy’s body language looks really negative. Slouched down, head down, arms crossed. :(
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:46 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:Looking at the press conference photos anyone else think Boozy’s body language looks really negative. Slouched down, head down, arms crossed. :(

Probably because he's sitting on a shite wee chair at a press conference he doesn't want to be involved in?
judgeflash
Premiership

PreviousNext

Return to The Accies