4%
Gordon Strachan
No votes
Alan Stubbs
No votes

Total votes : 25

Re: New manager

Postby Don van Vliet » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:47 pm

Thanks, Thomas, for that sensible and well-considered post. We need more of that kind on this forum.

I agree with your comments - they must have planned to approach BR (interesting initials) before the severance with MC. I also am impressed by Maitland's contributions, so I'm hopeful that this may be a sign of things being different.

As for Boozy's body language - you can never infer anything from the body language or facial expression in static photographs (it's unreliable enough trying to do it in real life!) so I wouldn't jump to conclusions.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Law of Averages? There is no law of averages.
Don van Vliet
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:17 pm

As for Boozy's body language - you can never infer anything from the body language or facial expression in static photographs (it's unreliable enough trying to do it in real life!) so I wouldn't jump to conclusions.

Damm. There is always a real psychologist around to shoot you down :D
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:22 pm

Well, it is what it is, as far as the new manager is concerned.

We've been calling on this developement for far too long... it's happened... so let's all get fully behind the team on Saturday for a massive and welcome three points come the final whistle.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Tumbleweed.. » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:28 pm

I think both Maitland and Rice have been reading Accies fans complaints on here and on social media as they seem to have mentioned the vast majority of them in the press today and since Canning went. I'm happy with what has been said by them and am looking forward to seeing if they can put words into practice and have a right go at Dundee who are as poor defensively as we have been. I appreciate that great changes in tactics and formations etc will need to wait, but a good measure of belief and positivity injected into the squad should see us all right.

Rice now has the chance to put his abilities to the test and I am happy with his experience as a coach, something Canning just didn't have and didn't seem particularly adept at.

Lets forget the what-might-have-beens and concentrate on the what-we-haves. Good luck to the new management team and if we can get a result on Saturday, it will be a great start. Here's hoping :D
On the outskirts of nowhere, on the ring road to somewhere, on the verge of indecision, I'll always take the roundabout way.
Tumbleweed..
Seaside Leagues

Postby ggr » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:38 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:

Damm. There is always a real psychologist around to shoot you down :D

As long as BR doesn’t put his hands in his pockets he should be fine...
ggr
Pub League

Postby porcupine » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:47 pm

ggr wrote:
As long as BR doesn’t put his hands in his pockets he should be fine...

As the original poster on that subject over the last year or two, I wouldn't blame anyone in the technical area putting their hands in their pockets on Saturday if the temperatures remain the same as today :D :D Bliddy cold.

However, on a warm Spring or Autumn day there was no excuse to give that sort of casually relaxed body language image to players, or fans, when we were losing goals and defence was leaking like a collander. All in the past, now but, BR, Note if reading this post!! :shock:
porcupine
Premiership

Previous

Return to The Accies