Player recruitment

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Player recruitment

Postby Stodmeister » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:46 am

So who at the club is actually responsible for this task? Do we have a network of scouts or do we rely in "mates" agents??

I know Martin get's all the stick for this but does he actually recommend the players? Where he fails is spouting out how good some of these duds actually are.

Go through life as a puppet and a "yes" man and it will eventually catch up with you ;)
Stodmeister
Championship

Re: Player recruitment

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:23 am

Your guess is as good as mine Stodmeister. The only person i ever heard connected with scouting was ex player and manager Jim Dempsey who seems to spend a lot of time in Spain. Otherwise we seemed to rely on agents. It was suggested the eastern european signings were coming via Rudi Varta. Most of our greek signings came through the same greek agent who was pictured having a meal with them at a restaurant in glasgow. Our recruitment strategy this season changed with a focus on english lower leagues but I haven’t seen any particular agent mentioned. Maitland may have been described as director of player recruitment I think before becoming chair. The way it seems works is for martin to identify what positions he is looking for and the directors/hangers on appear to identify the players and sign them. Occasionally we get a player on trial and martin seems to ahve a say in yes/no otherwise he gets what he is given it appears.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:11 pm

Argos Click and Collect is the normal procedure.
Search under 'Euro pish or domestic pish players'
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:10 pm

The club can confirm that Rakish Bingham and Sam Kelly both left the club in recent days.

Rakish had played 97 times for us, whilst Sam had made 9 appearances this season.

Also departing us are young players Kieran Monlouis, Adam Douglas (who scored our first two UEFA Youth League goals in Basel) and Spanish defender Alex Garcia. None of these three played in the first team.

These players leave with our good wishes.

The club are continuing to work hard to bring in players before tomorrow’s deadline.

I know these are departures but it doesn’t auger well for a new set up with McGonigall as director of football. Maitland is on record as saying as it was upto him and McGonigall to recruit the players and by my count that must be at least 8 of the summer signings away. Hardly an endorsement of their success to date allowing for mcgowan and Kilgalllon.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Gav » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:28 pm

While I am not a great fan of Allan McGonigall I don't think he had anything to do with the summer signings.
Gav
Championship

Return to The Accies