Time to stop having a go at Canning ?

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Time to stop having a go at Canning ?

Postby adriansprott » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:09 am

Aha , thought that would get your attention .....

Think we are all missing the point here , Canning has been struggling since his appointment but I can see why the BOD chose to promote from within as it was more or less working up till then . He is an honest guy who I believe is doing his absolute best in the job , but the sad fact is that the club are going backwards season after season . Last season we were fortunate to stay up and only a once in a generation win at Ibrox managed that . Nobody should be slated in any walk of life for trying their very best and all the shouting in the world at the management and players is going to change anything , only a change in management has a real chance of improving performances .
And so to the BOD , as mentioned earlier I can't fault them for giving Canning the job , but they are totally liable for not dealing with the Canning situation as they must now see that he is struggling and has reached the end of his capabilities . Their apparent blindness to the situation is stupefying as anyone watching the team with even an ounce of football knowledge can recognise relegation form when they see it . The argument that we are punching above our weight has no merit as figures show that Accies are nowhere near the bottom in terms of the wage bill at least , and Maitland's recent staunch support for Canning is an insult to the fans who are paying money to the club but feel that their voices aren't being heard .
I therefore think that turning the heat up on the BOD is the way ahead instead of firing the anger at the management and playing staff , Canning is quite rightly not going to fall on his sword as I don't imagine he has many offers on the table , and I respect him for what he has achieved so far in preserving out top flight status . I would prefer to see a concerted campaign of protest against the regime who continue to ignore the fan's concerns , reckon as a starting point all Accies fans should occupy the Gazebo (because what's left of us can fit in there ) at home games and produce banners and starting shouting against the people who are running the club into the playoff / relegation places this season , has to be worth a try .
adriansprott
Pub League

Re: Time to stop having a go at Canning ?

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:17 pm

They all need to go.Any Owners of a Football Club who refer to it as a "Football Department" should have no place in any club.

Staying away gives the BOD and Canning an easy ride.Certain games should be targeted for protest if nothing changes.This is so,so depressing and avoidable.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:39 pm

adriansprott wrote:. I would prefer to see a concerted campaign of protest against the regime who continue to ignore the fan's concerns , reckon as a starting point all Accies fans should occupy the Gazebo (because what's left of us can fit in there ) at home games and produce banners and starting shouting against the people who are running the club into the playoff / relegation places this season , has to be worth a try .

You are fundamentally correct in that Canning will not go to be unemployed, and the BOD are at fault by not taking accountability of where we are, and where we are going very soon. Do they really care??

The gazebo idea would miss any TV coverage any protest generated,with the gantries directly above. I suspect the security kn*b in charge would not allow Accies fans into that area anyway, as it's for away fans.

Now if this was in the Main stand, that's another story. However, whether enough people were prepared to shout at the Directors from their seats beside them, I very much doubt. Banners, I can't see being allowed into the ground, far less unfurled in front of the BOD boxes. Security Sam would be on to that in a flash.

Tatty used to have an Accies top with 'Watson Just Go!' on the back when he sat right in front of the Directors Box when groundsharing at Firhill. It was a great idea, but even then, it took far too long for change to happen. Don't think the BOD give a flying **** about how we feel or what level of 'football' we see every week. Strange, but probably true. Meantime Canning continues to hide in the Home dug-out week after week.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:48 pm

Not going to happen, do you not remember the club stating a couple of weeks ago that all banners are to be inspected? They seen this coming.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:57 pm

Cut off the cash flow
Vote with your feet.
Don't go back untill the Clown is sacked.
CANNING OUT#
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby smc4761 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:49 pm

In general the only way to make a difference is to hit the BOD where it hurts, in their pockets. Does that mean, not going to games, stop buying mechandise, maybe. Sponsors then start to ask questions on why fans are not attending and ultimately they will withdraw their money.

Those that do go to games maybe a mass walkout at a particular time of a game, which may attract media attention
smc4761
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:55 pm

quote]In general the only way to make a difference is to hit the BOD where it hurts, in their pockets. [/quote]

Difficult SMC given our small fan base and other more significant revenue streams

The primary source of income is the league and prize money plus the European coefficient £1.5m approx depending on league position
Next comes I think the income the stadium generates. The council provide a 6-figure sum by renting the spice of life stand. Then there is the catering franchise, the nursery, a training charity, an accountants, a physiotherapy cum gym and of course Hope’s shop. Between them all I reckon there is in excess of 400k a year rental and that’s not counting advertising hoardings etc. Can’t see how we affect that. Other than boycotting equis!
Next away fans. Its all cash and last night there were 1100 Aberdeen fans allowing for concessions at least 15k Add the away fans for old firm games etc over the season and its a tidy sum allowing for what we give to the league/away team. Not sure how it works.
Then there's transfer fees I know you can’t budget for that but we clearly have done very well over the years.
The last bit is the home fans. The club have this season ticket money so they don’t really care till next season; revenue from the shop is probably not very significant. If they could close it tomorrow I suspect they would and if we stopped buying pies it hits the caterer first not the club.
Not saying you shouldn’t but I just think it’s difficult
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Return to The Accies