CANNING GTF

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

CANNING GTF

Postby Swift Frank » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:07 pm

Feel the need for a different thread with an oh so similar topic.
CANNING GTF NOW.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Re: CANNING GTF

Postby Bann Joe Strinnge » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:04 pm

it’s been a while Accies fans, since I last posted on this forum, but I have been monitoring the tone of the posts, and Swift Frank, you seem to be a consistent critic of the regime. I have to say, that as a former home and away supporter, and sponsor of Alex Neil’s shirt the year we got promoted to the SPL, Swift Frank is correct. I lost the habit of following the Accies years ago, and most likely will not be back. Football is supposed to be entertaining. 22 guys playing a game on a park is fine for them. Palace Grounds has loads of them, all enjoying their 90 minutes of fitness. Professional football however is a spectator sport. People pay money to watch it. There is therefore a duty to provide as much entertainment as possible to give the paying public, value for money. Under the present regime, and their stated aims and objectives - to just survive in the SPL, disregarding games they can’t be expected to win - how can they expect consumers to part with, not just their cash, but their time and effort, sitting in a poxy football stadium in all weathers, not to mention the cost in travelling to Aberdeen, Brechin and their hedges, etc, along with the clowns they have stewarding at home games....it’s just not worth it. Me? Now I go golfing in the winter league, freezing my tits off on a golf course, with good pals, playing for £3. Would I rather go back to NDP to freeze my tits off watching Clownzo et al? Not likely! And actually, my wee boy who was 8 when We started following Accies - he was lost to The Rangers a good few years ago, never to return....a shame, but can you blame him?
Bann Joe Strinnge
Pub League

Postby Bann Joe Strinnge » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:12 pm

BTW, anybody who wants Alex Neil’s shirt, can make me an offer...!!!
Bann Joe Strinnge
Pub League

Postby really? » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:18 pm

Why bother? Me and a mate used to attend almost every game home and away. He now goes to Ice Hockey and I spent tonight watching TV with the wife. Watching TV is way more entertaining than watching Canning's Accies. If Canning is still manager next season I won't be renewing my ST. Neither will my dad and neither will my mate. By sticking with this useless manager they have completely ruined everything Maitland, Reid and Neil helped to build. It's a total shame. The board have to act now before we sink without trace - let's at least go down fighting.
really?
Seaside Leagues

Postby Swift Frank » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:28 pm

A couple I know with 25 years consecutive Season Books aren't renewing either.
Take note Maitland and bawbag MacGowan.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Bann Joe Strinnge » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:30 pm

And bawbag Canzo....
Bann Joe Strinnge
Pub League

Postby monkeybones » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:34 pm

Go
monkeybones
Seaside Leagues

Postby porcupine » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:40 pm

There are some people who are so thick, that they don't realise just how bad they are at their job.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:44 pm

If Canning was a Politician he'd be Screaming Lord Sutch.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Bann Joe Strinnge » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:02 am

To be fair, Canzo has to make a living. It can’t be particularly pleasant knowing that week after week, your limitations are being exposed. He has no real credentials for claiming to be an SPFL (or any professional) team manager. Decent defender in his day, but no Accies legend like Chris (Swailsey) Swailes....
There are plenty better qualified managers out there without a club, and the board need to grow a pair and put him out of his misery, for misery it must be.
Me? I would give the Auchinleck legend Tommy Sloan a go, but he probably wouldn’t accept the reduction in status....
Bann Joe Strinnge
Pub League

Postby Swift Frank » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:44 am

I would react positively to Mrs Brown and her Boys as the new Management team as opposed to Can'ting.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Return to The Accies