Canning/Swailes/Beuzelin/Potter/Imrie

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Canning/Swailes/Beuzelin/Potter/Imrie

Postby Accies Finest Spark » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:46 pm

New look management team

Canning told the night Neil was approached he would be new manager

Imrie I never thought of a coach but given mannerism and passion for the game think these qualities will stand him in good stead at 17s

Thoughts ?
Last edited by Accies Finest Spark on Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Accies Finest Spark
Pub League

Re: Canning/Swailes/Beuzelin/Potter/Imrie

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:48 pm

In the board we trust. I would have liked an experienced assistant, but I said that when Alex was appointed with Frankie :oops:
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Tess Tickles » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:53 pm

So, Canzo as Player Manager and a welcome return for Chris Swailes as Assistant!

Buezellin as coach and under 20's manager, with Dougiue Imrie taking on the under 17s!

Nice to see Big Chris back... coaching always seemed to be his thing at the end of his career, so hopefully he will bring a lot to the dug-out! He'll certainly bring a presence!

Onwards and upwards!
Tess Tickles
Pub League

Postby Tess Tickles » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:56 pm

And Mikey Devlin signs a 3 year contract extension... get in there!!

Also, interest in #22 from China, and a bid rejected from a Polish mob for Ziggy... Hands off!!!
Tess Tickles
Pub League

Postby Thethirdproclaimer » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:28 pm

That'll do for me, now we know. Looks like a decent team for the future of the club in terms of possible 'future leaders'. Interesting to see what impact Beuzelin has on the midfielders, absolutely strolled it for the short time he was here (despite getting sent off!). We've done enough this season to stay up at the very least, so hopefully by next season we'll have bedded everyone in and see the benefits.
Thethirdproclaimer

Postby Alfie Olek » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:37 pm

As a package looks good. Strengths and weaknesses. If it doesn’t work for Martin then there are choices there. I’d forgotten about Swailes but think he is just the sort of individual to have as an enforcer :twisted: Beuzelin I think brings bit of ‘continental’ flair and I’m really pleased for Dougie. Works hard and has calmed down (just a bit). I want to see the players really dig in on saturday and give us a performance and 3 points.
Alfie Olek

Postby porcupine » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:38 pm

Haven't see anything official about Chris Swailes returning as Asst Manager. However, as an Accies Legend, and one who showed quality and 100%+ commitment playing in the Hoops, this appointment, if true, can only benefit our young team. Chris was technically very sound, (visible even when the legs started to go :cry:,) so having him coaching and training the squad must be a bonus. Lots of driving up and down the road, however, unless he moves house. Tiring...but he seemed always to have the heart the size of a lion.

All the best, Chris, in this new job.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:11 pm

Haven't see anything official about Chris Swailes returning as Asst Manager.

Check the accies twitter feed photo of him at top table along with martin dougie etc.
Alfie Olek

Postby southoftheborder » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:56 pm

Let's hope Swailes is registered as a player :)
southoftheborder
Seaside Leagues

Postby accies1874 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:58 pm

Think we're looking at present and future Accies managers here. When Canning goes, no doubt Dougie, Chris or Guillame will step up and take the manager's job. Not specualting about Cannings future just find this strange that we're perhaps looking at our next 1 or 2 managers already.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Gilbaldo » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:04 pm

It was all very positive today as you would imagine. Interviews with Canzo, Swaz, Boozy, Dougie and Les are all on the AudioBoom channel.
Gilbaldo
Seaside Leagues

Postby Red and white hoops » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:28 pm

A welcome return for big swailes. A player I always liked, his commitment to Accies was never in doubt. I remember saying when he was playing he was only a part time player and was travelling up from Gateshead on a Saturday morning for a game he probably wasn't going to play in. I would assume he's staying a bit more locally now. He was great for the youths and young players then and I'm sure will be again.

With boozy I remember him being a classy midfielder whos problem was sendings off. I'd imagine he'll be bring a bit of flair to the coaching team with canzo and swailes being the battlers.

I wasn't convinced with canzo so far but certainly willing to see how this pans out now we've got a new management/ coaching team. Let's all get behind the new guys and see what happens in the next few weeks once they've put their own stamp on things.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Accies4ever » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:49 pm

Despite my own doubts regarding this appointment, at least they are all Accies men through and through.

Let's get behind all of them and support them.

After all we all want the same thing, a successful Accies.

Looking forward to a first win under Canning.
Let's hope that's tomorrow against ICT.

Suspect that the emphasis of the new men may be slightly more defensive than under Neil, although sticking to a 4-1-4-1 or 4-2-3-1 formation.

My guess for tomorrow would be:

McGovern
Gillespie-Canning-Devlin-Hendrie
Routledge-MacKinnon
Imrie-Andreu-Crawford
MAC.

Has McGovern been confirmed as the new club captain, as would have liked to see Andreu get the captaincy, nothing against McGloves!
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby H9crx » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:23 pm

^^^^^^^

That team has been honking for the last 3 games.

SH, DM, JR,mac need dropped.

Lee J McDonald, AB and Redmond in

Give some boys a chance to show what they can do for the new coaches!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:37 pm

Gilbaldo wrote:It was all very positive today as you would imagine. Interviews with Canzo, Swaz, Boozy, Dougie and Les are all on the AudioBoom channel.

Good man, cheers.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby WILF » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:29 pm

Delighted that Chris is back and this structure is really exciting and superbly planned. All Accies men and for the first time in weeks I have a smile on my face reading this forum. First job as a club is to get our confidence back, work hard and results will come back.
WILF
Seaside Leagues

Postby simonswimmer » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:57 am

Feel really positive about this line-up. Had my doubts about how Martin would cope but I reckon it'll work with these guys around him. Possibly not with immediate effect, but with a little time. Fans will need to be patient in the coming months though, I suspect.

So good to have Swailes back. Accies legend and all round good guy. Boozy was a classy player, glad he is back on board.
simonswimmer
Pub League

Return to The Accies