Projected points on the table

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Projected points on the table

Postby Big Wurzil » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:17 pm

This time last year

9th hamilton p21 pts 23, avg ppg 1.09, pre split p33 pts 30 avg ppg 0.91, final p38 pts 33 avg ppg 0.87
10th Dundee p22 pts 22, avg ppg 1, pre split p33 pts 30 avg ppg 0.91, final p38 pts 39 avg ppg 1.02
11th partick p22 pts 20, avg ppg 0.91, pre split p33 pts 28, avg ppg 0.84, final p38 pts 33 avg ppg 0.87
12th Ross co p22 pts 17, avg ppg 0.77, pre split p33 pts 26, avg ppg 0.78, final p38, pts 29, avg ppg 0.76

This year I don’t believe Motherwell will be involved so

10th Accies p21 pts 14 avg ppg 0.66
11th st mirren p21 Pts 12 avg ppg 0.57
12th Dundee p21 pts 10 avg ppg 0.47

So what can we draw from that. Stacks of stuff but here’s my take.

The league is stronger than the previous 2/3 years similar to the English premiership where not just the big clubs but the middle of the table clubs are getting stronger resulting in the bottom teams getting being unable to compete.

Look at the English premiership, remember 40 points was the magical figure for staying up, in reality it’s closer to 30 as you’ve already got 4 teams with 15 points or less having played over half the games.

Ross co and partick were relegated with a better avg ppg than the bottom 3 currently have so I can’t see the bottom 3 places being occupied by any other team.

If we continue on the 0.67 pts per game we’re looking at a final haul of 25 pts.

Looking at the fixtures the must win games are Dundee st mirren at home as I can’t see any other victories away apart from stealing the occasional point here or there. The post split games are going to be very very nervy.

The deciding factor for me is this transfer window coming up.

C’MON THE ACCIES
Big Wurzil
Championship

Re: Projected points on the table

Postby porcupine » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:40 pm

Re your comment aout the transfer window: Given that the present manager was given about 8 new players in the Summer to replace those who had gone, do you really think the BOD will entrust HIM with more funds in January, given our present points accumulation?

Sure, McGowan, Martin, Miller and Killgannon have shown what they are worth, but for the rest???

And who would be attracted to come to Hamilton Accies under MC's leadership?

Like you, BG, I can't see us doubling our poinys by the end of this season, barring miracles, or a change of management style and new tactics, far less new players.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:47 pm

Any chance of projecting Martin Guardiola deep,deep into Outer Space?
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby judgeflash » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:53 pm

porcupine wrote:Re your comment aout the transfer window: Given that the present manager was given about 8 new players in the Summer to replace those who had gone, do you really think the BOD will entrust HIM with more funds in January, given our present points accumulation?

Sure, McGowan, Martin, Miller and Killgannon have shown what they are worth, but for the rest???

Like you, BG, I can't see us doubling our poinys by the end of this season, barring miracles, or a change of management style and new tactics, far less new players.

To be honest, it's been well speculated the signings aren't always Martin Canning's final decisions. Mcgowan, Martin, Gordon, Miller and Killa have all been great acquisitions. It's not often we can say we've hadded 5 quality players within a season. The real problem is, the board have openly stated that they will always remain to live within their means and have no intentions of trying to sell the club on *or any sort of investors* So we are stuck in a position of any prospective player coming to the club who is of a good experience level, will have us as a last resort and be on no longer than a one season deal.

The lack of goals etc has been an ongoing problem season after season, we let Brophy go who has since went on to score nearly as much this season as our entire midfield/forwards. This to me shows it wasn't a lack of talent, but a lack of progressive management from Canning which is having players stagnate *IE Crawford*
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:01 pm

judgeflash wrote:
porcupine wrote:Re your comment aout the transfer window: Given that the present manager was given about 8 new players in the Summer to replace those who had gone, do you really think the BOD will entrust HIM with more funds in January, given our present points accumulation?

To be honest, it's been well speculated the signings aren't always Martin Canning's final decisions. Mcgowan, Martin, Gordon, Miller and Killa have all been great acquisitions. It's not often we can say we've hadded 5 quality players within a season. The real problem is, the board have openly stated that they will always remain to live within their means and have no intentions of trying to sell the club on *or any sort of investors* So we are stuck in a position of any prospective player coming to the club who is of a good experience level, will have us as a last resort and be on no longer than a one season deal.

The lack of goals etc has been an ongoing problem season after season, we let Brophy go who has since went on to score nearly as much this season as our entire midfield/forwards. This to me shows it wasn't a lack of talent, but a lack of progressive management from Canning which is having players stagnate *IE Crawford*

Pretty much sums up things we have had some decent players who were stagnating, not performing at their best, you could add Devlin into the mix as well. Give them a decent coach who can bring out the best in them
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:55 pm

Ferguson looked an average player last season but looks like a superstar in the Aberdeen team with a real manager. Just shows you.
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby Swift Frank » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:06 pm

I can't for the life of me figure out how he's managed to progress without the influence of Martin Guardiola.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Yummy Fur » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:41 am

Scotty Tunbridge wrote:Ferguson looked an average player last season but looks like a superstar in the Aberdeen team with a real manager. Just shows you.

Who would have thought that playing in a team with a substantially bigger budget and better players at the top of the league would make you look a better player than playing in a team fighting relegation at the bottom of the league? Who knows maybe some players are better at 19 with 30 games under their belt than they are at 18 with 5 games? Just shows you.
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby Swift Frank » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:59 am

Working on that assumption then Canning will prove to be a competent Manager.
Given time.
Even more time.
Won't hold my breath on that one.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:22 am

Yummy Fur wrote:
Scotty Tunbridge wrote:Ferguson looked an average player last season but looks like a superstar in the Aberdeen team with a real manager. Just shows you.

Who would have thought that playing in a team with a substantially bigger budget and better players at the top of the league would make you look a better player than playing in a team fighting relegation at the bottom of the league? Who knows maybe some players are better at 19 with 30 games under their belt than they are at 18 with 5 games? Just shows you.

Who would have thought Brophy and Devlin both have came on leaps and bounds aswell with proper managers? both left us with plenty of first team games already under their belt. Just shows you what we could achieve with a proper football manager.
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby Swift Frank » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:27 am

Very True
Must be great to turn up to training and work under a proper Manager and not a wannabe like Martin Guardiola.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Return to The Accies