January Transfer Window

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: January Transfer Window

Postby Stevie Clarke » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:59 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:Maybe he was recalled, as they wouldn't be happy at his lack of game time. Probably go back out on loan to a fourth or fifth tier side down south.

Well I called that one, he's just joined AFC Fylde on loan for the rest of the season.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:55 am

I'm sure with the Marquee signings we will undoubtedly make in January, Norwich felt he would be unlikely to break into the team,given the undoubted calibre of player about to be recruited so they just recalled him.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Bomber Harris » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:19 am

£237,950 we got for Lewis Ferguson.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:11 pm

Yeah seen that
Chicken Feed.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby porcupine » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:10 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:£237,950 we got for Lewis Ferguson.

Hopefully, with a 20% sell-on clause like Docherty's to Sevco?? Now hasn't that transfer worked out well for the lad?????
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:27 pm

Hopefully, with a 20% sell-on clause like Docherty's to Sevco??

Dont think there is any arrangement for a sell on clause because we never transferred him to Aberdeen. He left and all the tribunal decides is the development fee. If however he is transferred by Aberdeen before he is 23 i think we are due some more development fee. I’m sure there was a recent transfer of a player (Stuart Armstrong to Southampton?) and some youth team got a chequue for somethink like 70k which thye never expected.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:27 pm

That's nonsense.
Part of the reason the Tribunal took so long was because of the clauses,etc inserted in the deal.
There is definitely a sell on clause.
Although probably derisory.A bit like the fee.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby porcupine » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:49 pm

Maybe MC should have been watching Greg Walters at Carmarthen Town. A very capable attacking midfielder, albeit in the Welsh Premier. Saw him on Wednesday night on S4C! Sad, I know, but we must all help with the scouting policy :lol: :lol:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:10 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:
Stevie Clarke wrote:Maybe he was recalled, as they wouldn't be happy at his lack of game time. Probably go back out on loan to a fourth or fifth tier side down south.

Well I called that one, he's just joined AFC Fylde on loan for the rest of the season.

Mason fractured his leg on his debut for this club as well..
Sent on loan to sunny scotland then sent to the conference of england...and breaking your leg. Poor kid!
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:21 pm

judgeflash wrote:
Stevie Clarke wrote:

Mason fractured his leg on his debut for this club as well..
Sent on loan to sunny scotland then sent to the conference of england...and breaking your leg. Poor kid!

Now that' a bummer for him, but it was his forearm & not his leg. At least he will be back at Norwich by now.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:18 pm

porcupine wrote:Maybe MC should have been watching Greg Walters at Carmarthen Town. A very capable attacking midfielder, albeit in the Welsh Premier. Saw him on Wednesday night on S4C! Sad, I know, but we must all help with the scouting policy :lol: :lol:

What was the point him going to Somerset Park? No Ayr player would come here when they could have a medal at the end of the season and become local legends. And Falkirk's team was full of newly signed players. Better surely picking a League One or Two match. I still say it's time we introduced a couple of the kids. This time last year, Lewis Ferguson had yet to make his debut. Clearly he should have been in sooner.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:45 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:
porcupine wrote:Maybe MC should have been watching Greg Walters at Carmarthen Town. A very capable attacking midfielder, albeit in the Welsh Premier. Saw him on Wednesday night on S4C! Sad, I know, but we must all help with the scouting policy :lol: :lol:

What was the point him going to Somerset Park? No Ayr player would come here when they could have a medal at the end of the season and become local legends. And Falkirk's team was full of newly signed players. Better surely picking a League One or Two match. I still say it's time we introduced a couple of the kids. This time last year, Lewis Ferguson had yet to make his debut. Clearly he should have been in sooner.

Spot on, SC. Can't imagine we would have been making any bid for Shankland, for a start. He'll go on to better places than Hamilton if he keeps his goal scoring up.

Maybe the 'scouting budget' if there is one, only extends to a hour she journey time from Glasgow :roll: :roll:

Long overdue to blood some of our excellent Reserve Team who have done so well in the last 18 months. There may be a Premiership Diamond in there.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Gav » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:04 pm

Ayr turned down £250k bid from Fylde for Shankland in the summer. There is zero chance we will be signing him.
Gav
Championship

Postby Swift Frank » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:01 pm

£250k would buy some amount of Euro Pish.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:18 pm

We have made some signings,what's the problem here?

We now have an Old Firm Supporters Over 35 team despite the fact myself and others started Cadzow Accies 30 years ago who now operate...As an Over 35 team in the same League.

Another issue of Accies making a cock up iro fans.That money should have went on buses to away games or suchlike.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:26 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:We have made some signings,what's the problem here?

We now have an Old Firm Supporters Over 35 team despite the fact myself and others started Cadzow Accies 30 years ago who now operate...As an Over 35 team in the same League.

Another issue of Accies making a cock up iro fans.That money should have went on buses to away games or suchlike.

I think that subject actually deserves it's own thread. Pretty shocking how they've went about this, seems odd why they'd get behind a project filled with non fans ?
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:29 pm

There is no demand for buses to away games,YOH.
Calamity Canning has seen to that.
If Annan ever beat us again,they get to keep us.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Stevie Clarke » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:27 am

Swift Frank wrote:There is no demand for buses to away games,YOH.
Calamity Canning has seen to that.
If Annan ever beat us again,they get to keep us.

There's a very good piece on Annan in the current edition of Nutmeg. It focuses on their first eleven years and how they've had a much more canny approach than the team they replaced, Gretna. They focus on all their notable successes - reaching several play-offs, winning at Ibrox but no mention of thrashing a Premiership team in the Scottish Cup and then scudding them again this season. That's how we're perceived, it was only Hamilton Accies, not worth mentioning really.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby The Goalie » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:50 pm

As expected, another club sign Greg Tansey...St Mirren on an 18 month contract.

Maybe Martin was using reverse psychology, in saying Accies wanted to sign him :shock:
The Goalie
Seaside Leagues

Postby judgeflash » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:56 pm

The Goalie wrote:As expected, another club sign Greg Tansey...St Mirren on an 18 month contract.

Maybe Martin was using reverse psychology, in saying Accies wanted to sign him :shock:

C'mon guys, is this your first season as Accies fans? We are last minute/last resort for many, we rarely do early signings. We take the dreggs and hope we strike gold. Regardless of how much folk moan on here and on Twitter they'll stick to the same pish. I've found my accies supporting life is a lot better if I just prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

We've had the eurotrash, the greek era, the english duds, now maybe we should try Africa? It's got some shit footballers surely? :lol:
judgeflash
Premiership

PreviousNext

Return to The Accies