Ayr v ICT OFF due to the wind

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Ayr v ICT OFF due to the wind

Postby Big Wurzil » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:43 pm

An embarrassment to Craig Thomson John Robertson and Ian McCall for getting this called off.

Have we entered a new era of pc footy where the wind now dictates whether a game goes ahead now?

So is there now an official wind speed that gets a game called off now? How many Arbroath games would’ve been called off as a result?

Watching BT tonight I found it fuckin horrific and embarrassing that they used a goalkeeper as the example to see how far he could punt the ball up the park as the benchmark to determine if the game goes ahead. Dont we want the ball played on the deck?

What was the thinking of Robertson and McCall when they saw their long ball tactics get fucked up with the wind, get it off. Awful for Scottish footy, fuckin awful and disgusting. Keep it on the deck and it’s not an issue.

10mph winds forecast for 3pm tomorrow. Ground for an abandonment
Big Wurzil
Championship

Re: Ayr v ICT OFF due to the wind

Postby smc4761 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:09 am

I can remember Rikki Ferguson attempting a kickout in the wind back in 70's. Now Ferguson was never known for his bye kicks but against the wind that day, dont think the ball even reached the 18 yard line
smc4761
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:31 am

I can remember a Scottish Cup in the early 80's I think it was where our bogey team St.Johnstone defeated us due to a wind assisted Steve Maskray effort.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:43 am

Re your second paragraph - YES!

Conditions looked farcical, well done Craig Thomson.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:06 am

smc4761 wrote:I can remember Rikki Ferguson attempting a kickout in the wind back in 70's. Now Ferguson was never known for his bye kicks but against the wind that day, dont think the ball even reached the 18 yard line

Despite being an Accies legend,Rikki also killed the game before it was even started in the 1979 League Cup Semi Final v Dundee Utd with a poor goal kick straight to Paul Sturrock who duly stroked it home.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Swift Frank » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:08 am

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:I can remember a Scottish Cup in the early 80's I think it was where our bogey team St.Johnstone defeated us due to a wind assisted Steve Maskray effort.

Surely we have more than just one Bogey Team YOH.
Especially under Canning.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Big Wurzil » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:32 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:Re your second paragraph - YES!

Conditions looked farcical, well done Craig Thomson.

Terrible decision to call it off. If they had 2 players standing 20-30 yards pinging a ball to one another to see the effects then fair enough but not watching a keeper shell a ball down the pitch.

Also with the light weight balls we have it doesn’t take much of a breeze to turn the conditions farcical as you say. 10mph wind has a huge effect on the ball.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Return to The Accies