4 years to the day

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

4 years to the day

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:20 am

Not quite 4 years but coming up fast. Martin was officially appointed manager according to the BBC website on 23 January 2015. Its about 6 weeks away but I’m betting he will still be in the job. The Board i.e. Ronnie/Les never like to admit a mistake indeed they will argue it wasn't a mistake as we have had the longest... (you complete the sentence :D ) Their strategy always seems to be to batten down the hatches ignore the discontent and if we are still 10th by the time the Janaury window comes he will be allowed to bring in a few signings and so their thinking goes we will survive again. The sensible strategy would of course be to get rid of the maangement team know and still have a few weeks in which to select a replacement who would then have the Janaury window to strengthen the squad. But thats not going to happen. And if anyone thinks McGowan gives a flying xxxx about the team or its management or its supporters they are deluded. He is sitting pretty running the stadium side of things and the football club could go tits up it wouldn't matter he would just franchise the 'football department' out to Clyde.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: 4 years to the day

Postby Swift Frank » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:08 pm

As long as the Junkies and Alkies are looked after in the Men Shed that's great.
The Football Department is very low priority.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Big Wurzil » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:45 pm

We need a change, badly.

In 7 weeks time last night we play Aberdeen at home in the first league game after the break. It gives the club ample time to find a replacement and I’m sure there would stacks of cv’s flying through the door regardless of the budget available.

2nd lowest scorers in the league on 12 but only 1 goal away from st mirren on 11, conceded the most goals in the league. I can’t see it improving, it can only get worse when injuries and suspensions kick in over a busy period.

We’re in a massive rut and have been for a while now, the team is creating nothing in most games this season as all of Neil’s creative players are gone.

Even the st mirren game on saturday was a smokescreen as the performance was awful and by all accounts so was last night.

Martin said games v Aberdeen etc don’t define the season, the last 2 games have defined it for me as they’ve shown us how really bad we are against opposition that probably and eventually will be above us, very soon.

:|
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Swift Frank » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:49 pm

Dolphin Tshambles is way the worst defender in the League.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:38 pm

Well as I predicted he made it to his 4 th anniversary and the club has backed him with signings (only 2 admittedly). Even better Dagate has allowed the Board to keep their distance while the media rally round Martin and the fans are made out it to be unreasonable. Pretty sure he will still be there for his 5th. How low can the fan base go?
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:11 pm

Canning out.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Return to The Accies