It's officially Martin

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

It's officially Martin

Postby Alfie Olek » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:26 pm

Link to BBC story confirming Martin as manager With Beuzelin coming in from Dumbarton as his assistant. now bring in a couple of experienced players to bolster the squad please.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30937644K
Last edited by Alfie Olek on Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alfie Olek

Re: It's officially Martin

Postby ggr » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:46 pm

Like the idea of Beuzelin coming in.
Martin and Ronnie know him and he seems to be highly thought of as a promisng young coach. Worked at Falkirk and Hibs before going to Dumbarton
ggr
Pub League

Re: It's officially Martin

Postby Accies4ever » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:35 pm

Don't mean to be a profit of doom, but I think appointing Canning is a mistake.

In the few games he's be in charge, we've played really badly.
I don't believe he's got it in him to be a good man manager and tactically he hasn't got what it takes.
It's not as simple as just repeating what Alex did, the motivational thing has got to accompany what Alex also did.

Being "popular" in the dressing room isn't necessarily a good thing. You've got to be respected and to some degree feared.

I understand the club's idea of appointing from within, but Neil was special and I believe Accies have missed a great opportunity to appoint a really good manager.

As far as I'm concerned, with 10 games remaining before the split, if we don't achieve a top 6 position, then Canning was the wrong appointment and I personally would want him removed before the start of next season.

I'm wondering if we had got the money for Hendrie, if Canning would have been the choice.

Think Beuzelin is a good appointment, and I really do hope Canning works out, but I suspect that come summer, we'll be looking for a new manager.

I would be delighted to be proven wrong.
Accies4ever
Championship

Return to The Accies