Is NDP the quietest stadium in Scotland?

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Is NDP the quietest stadium in Scotland?

Postby Beardy » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:05 pm

That had to be the quietest crowd today - i know the singing stopped a good while ago, but today I didnt even hear Bingham & Imrie get slated by the crowd ... if it wasnt for Dougie blaming everyone around him on the park i'd have thought i'd gone deaf.
Beardy
Seaside Leagues

Re: Is NDP the quietest stadium in Scotland?

Postby porcupine » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:08 pm

Thought there was a sponsored silence in operation today for one of the CEO's charities.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:20 pm

Crowd figure was 4688. Usually the Twitter feed gives the away fans numbers so u can work out the home support but not today which makes me think it was under 1000 home fans.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:42 am

One thing we were always known for was a singing support at home;even during the Watson Out homeless years but the club treating the young kids in Section A with contempt(no flags/banners but no problems with away fans doing so) and "The Canning effect" has sadly decimated our singing support along with our home/away support.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:50 am

To say NDP resembles a Library is a bit wide of the mark.
I've had many an enjoyable afternoon in a Library.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Euan » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:33 am

I didn't go today, through work commitments.
I could have made some adjustments to allow myself time but couldn't be bothered as I expected the result or worse.
Currently the recorded game is on, Griffiths just scored (good shot), and I can't believe how bad we were. I know Celtic are good but we've just not turned up or shown any desire to compete.
A Hibs supporting friend told me he was surprised at how poor we were and how little effort we showed at Easter Road as he normally looks forward to a competitive game v Accies. Similar comments on here and following the St Johnstone game.
It's a concern and suggests something needs to change at NDP.
I'll definitely be at St Mirren next week and expect us to compete 100% as we can't afford to lose.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:20 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:Crowd figure was 4688. Usually the Twitter feed gives the away fans numbers so u can work out the home support but not today which makes me think it was under 1000 home fans.

Definitely. Looked about 800 watching at home. Can't remember a lower crowd against either of the arse cheeks.

How many tickets do Celtic get? Guessing 2200+300 gazebo+ about another 600 in main stand = approx 3900 then Accies counting every season ticket holder as if they've all attended. Doesn't come to 4688 but they may be embarrassed to give true figure.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:17 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:
TerracingTomas wrote:Crowd figure was 4688. Usually the Twitter feed gives the away fans numbers so u can work out the home support but not today which makes me think it was under 1000 home fans.

Definitely. Looked about 800 watching at home. Can't remember a lower crowd against either of the arse cheeks.

How many tickets do Celtic get? Guessing 2200+300 gazebo+ about another 600 in main stand = approx 3900 then Accies counting every season ticket holder as if they've all attended. Doesn't come to 4688 but they may be embarrassed to give true figure.

Yup.. must have counted seasons as if attended as From seven season ticket holders around us, three were not there yeaterday. Usiing above figures leaves 788 of which leaves a possible of 444 actual Accies attendees. Desperately poor and sinking weekly.

Stadium will be a lot quieter next season with Championship football & lower crowds.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:17 pm

Larkhall Thistle get around 250 at home games.
Won't be long till that's us unless Morecambe and Wise finally grow a pair of balls and sack the Clown.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:20 pm

Looking at some footage again, I think 600 may be an under-estimate of their crowd in our stand. 800 might be nearer the mark. Does anyone know how many tickets are given to Celtic?

Porcupine, I added my 800 estimation of the home crowd to get 3900. It was low but nowhere near the four hundreds.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:33 pm

Is there any truth in the rumour that rather than expand the capacity of NDP, the tremendous BOD are considering dismantling the tremendously named Spice of Life Stand in preparation for Championship football next season?
The erection of a Dome where any local junkies or Alkies can get a quick fix or dram is being considered ,after all we are More than just a Football Club.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Return to The Accies