Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

CURRIER IS OFFSIDE AGAIN!

Postby leefy118 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:34 pm

COMMENTS
leefy118
Pub League

Re: CURRIER IS OFFSIDE AGAIN!

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:36 pm

Easy for the striker to be the scapegoat as he was tonight when he was booed off by some 'fans'.

We succeeded as a team and we are failing as a team.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:51 pm

He is extremely frustrating and slows things down too much when quick movement is needed.

On the other hand, I agree with redandwhite1874........it wasn't MAC's fault and win or lose one really bad night does not make things all doom and gloom!
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby Thethirdproclaimer » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:14 am

I really like MAC when he's in form, he can be a really effective lone striker, but he's been awful for a good few games now. I certainly didn't boo him off, but I did shout at him to sit down and shut up after he came off, turned round and gave a bit of verbal to the fans. I'm happy for players to have their say at the fans, we certainly let them know how we feel, but there's nothing in his recent performances to give him any kind of justification for the old hands-up 'what else can I do' routine when he finally wins a flick on and there's nobody chasing it.

He's doing far too little work when things aren't going for him, and deserves a place on the bench for a few games - unfortunately we only seem to have one other striker at the club who seems to play a different game to MAC's, do we have it in us to change the way we play to suit Brophy? It's certainly worth a go, MAC's miles off it just now.
Thethirdproclaimer

Postby Accies4ever » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:12 pm

Would really like Accies to start Brophy rather than MAC, for a change.

When MAC plays well, he really does hold the play up well, allowing our attacking midfielders to come into play.
However his goals to chances ratio, for a striker, is well.....poor!

Look at the goal he scored against Motherwell.
It really was like a giraffe playing with a tennis ball.

Unless Canning is going to alter from one main striker, then give the young guy who's scoring for fun a chance. If it doesn't work out bring MAC on.

Changing the subject slightly, have Accies offered MAC a new deal?
Also any news on new signings, especially up top?
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby The Bajan Bandit » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:32 am

Could be leaving for down south according to the Scotsman , clubs have enquired about him . Like him or loathe him he is one of the few strikers we have had able to play our system .
The Bajan Bandit
Seaside Leagues

Postby Thethirdproclaimer » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:37 am

I think that's just it though, maybe time for a wee change in the system. I would have Redmond and Brophy starting on Saturday, in place of Curier and MacKinnon. Redmond likes to play those diagonal balls in between the centre and full backs, and Brophy looks like he's better facing goal than with his back to it. Might make the centre halves think twice about playing the long ball like we did so often to no avail on Wednesday too.
Thethirdproclaimer

Postby Gaspode » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:35 pm

From what i've seen of Brophy he's a striker in the mould of Stevie May, a penalty box striker who shoots on sight, with some success in the U20s! I know it's a big step up but i'd give him a start on Saturday.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby Whiskeytown » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:38 pm

Agree with Redmond and Brophy starting. Puzzled as to why Redmond has spent so long on the bench. He was an integral part of the team that went 9 games undefeated. I know he tends to only last about an hour but I'd start him ahead of Daz everytime.

Incidentally, MAC was ahead of me in the checkout queue at Aldi's last week. He was borderline even then.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby Thethirdproclaimer » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:23 pm

:P Quality
Thethirdproclaimer

Postby porcupine » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:57 pm

Whiskeytown wrote:
Incidentally, MAC was ahead of me in the checkout queue at Aldi's last week. He was borderline even then.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:11 pm

Whiskeytown wrote:Agree with Redmond and Brophy starting. Puzzled as to why Redmond has spent so long on the bench. He was an integral part of the team that went 9 games undefeated. I know he tends to only last about an hour but I'd start him ahead of Daz everytime.

Did you tell him ? :D
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:27 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:Easy for the striker to be the scapegoat as he was tonight when he was booed off by some 'fans'.

We succeeded as a team and we are failing as a team.

Looks like the management team have a scapegoat as well - for him to not even get off the bench tells a wee story.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby silverfox » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:36 pm

Even if his shooting boots aren't in form, he holds the ball up, brings players in to play and drops deep to help out when needed. Hmmm........exactly what was required today against ICT.
silverfox
Seaside Leagues

Postby Accies999 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:54 pm

Playing no strikers isn't the answer either :shock:
Accies999
Seaside Leagues

Return to The Accies