Top flight or more wins?

10th or better in the Premier every season, however few games we win
79%
Stuck in the Championship or lower, but with a much higher win rate
21%

Total votes : 19

Re: Top flight or more wins?

Postby Bomber Harris » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:55 pm

Yer Sisters Yer Maw wrote:Who voted the Championship? Absolute madness! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gumbo
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Stodmeister » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:57 pm

Yummy Fur wrote:
Canning has been a loyal servant and has always acted with dignity and respect despite severe provocation, however I wouldn't be upset any more with a change (although a new manager isn't a silver bullet). To say Canning is doing a great job would be absurd but to disregard what he's achieved in keeping us in the division for 3 years is equally absurd.

I don't know you personally but by reading your previous posts you have always appeared to me to be pro-Canning person so to see that even you wouldn't be upset with a change just shows how bad it must be. Billy Reid did a great job for us but ultimately had to go due to the dross being played , I think we are at that stage now.

Martin has done well to keep us up with next to no budget but time to move one.
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby Tumbleweed.. » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:03 am

Yummy Fur - not quoting you for reasons of brevity only - I didn't despair at all after reading your post, I genuinely welcome a debate and a post which backs up its point of view rather than those which suggest they will but never actually do is very much welcomed.

As it happens, I agree with most of what you said and don't take pleasure in wanting Canning out, but it seems the best option currently. Saturday was very concerning, not just because of the scoreline, but with the overall performance, substitutions, discipline and tactics being way, way off what is acceptable. If he turns it round and addresses the obvious issues, many of which you mention, then that would be great, but I won't be holding my breath.
On the outskirts of nowhere, on the ring road to somewhere, on the verge of indecision, I'll always take the roundabout way.
Tumbleweed..
Seaside Leagues

Postby porcupine » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:28 am

Tumbleweed.. wrote:As it happens, I agree with most of what you said and don't take pleasure in wanting Canning out, but it seems the best option currently. Saturday was very concerning, not just because of the scoreline, but with the overall performance, substitutions, discipline and tactics being way, way off what is acceptable. If he turns it round and addresses the obvious issues, many of which you mention, then that would be great, but I won't be holding my breath.

Fully discussed all this on way home on Saturday and we agreed that this course of action is the only sensible way ahead. Having driven passed Les Gray on the way up, we can only hope that, on HIS drive home, he had the same thoughts. How long the BOM are prepared to keep MC in a job in which he is clearly underperforming, is anyone's guess now. Lucky, Lucky guy.

Whilst already raised on another thread, the megaphone voiced 'supporter' telling one of our young players to "F*** of back to Norwich, you f****** useless *******" was the last straw. That, plus the experience of how the game itself played out, had the effect of losing another two 'away' supporters. We will remain supportive with our home season tickets.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:03 pm

That, plus the experience of how the game itself played out, had the effect of losing another two 'away' supporters. We will remain supportive with our home season tickets.

Hang on until after the St Mirren game Porcupine. We will need all the support we can muster for this one. :cry:
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:55 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:
That, plus the experience of how the game itself played out, had the effect of losing another two 'away' supporters. We will remain supportive with our home season tickets.

Hang on until after the St Mirren game Porcupine. We will need all the support we can muster for this one. :cry:

Don't worry, we DID decide to go to Paisley away game, alrthough, other than possibly Livvy, the rest are binned as matters stand.

Why don't we meet up at the St Mirren ticket office?? I will be the one wearing a black top hat, white spats, and i'll have a red carnation in my buttonhole :lol:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:07 pm

I’ll be the one wearing the grey jumper with a Accies badge on it !!!
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:09 pm

What's the point of going?
Another humping on the cards and Martin's job safe for another 'rolling year'
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Previous

Return to The Accies