Selection consistency

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Selection consistency

Postby Stodmeister » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:04 pm

I don't know the answer but I'm sure I could check back or have a guess , but have ever played the same team this season or even this year?

Suspensions and injuries can lead to changes as does selection bingo but constantly changing personnel usually doesn't bode well for any team.
Stodmeister
Championship

Re: Selection consistency

Postby Swift Frank » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:43 pm

Martin's Selection Bingo random selection machine is programmed to forbid the same team 2 games in a row.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Willie Wastle » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:29 pm

I think we can only really look at consistency of selection since the last of our new recruits came in. Kilgallon, especially, has been a great acquisition, but he's only been here for half a dozen games and was out injured for one of those. Martin and Brustad are just as new.

I think Martin Canning now knows his best XI, but getting them on the park depends on injuries and suspensions, and there'll be the odd tactical tweak in certain games. Remarkably, I think most of us on here, despite our sometimes heated debates, would agree with most of that selection.

A 4-4-2 like:

Woods
McGowan Tshiembe Kilgallon Gordon
Boyd (or Keatings) MacKinnon Martin Imrie
Miller
Brustad

Reasonable cover/variations provided by Fulton, Want, McMann, Sowah, Gogic (once fit), Lewis Smith (eased in), Bingham and Ogmpoe (once fit). And Hughes and Cunningham still to come back from loans.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Stodmeister » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:57 pm

Willie Wastle wrote:I think we can only really look at consistency of selection since the last of our new recruits came in. Kilgallon, especially, has been a great acquisition, but he's only been here for half a dozen games and was out injured for one of those. Martin and Brustad are just as new.

I think Martin Canning now knows his best XI, but getting them on the park depends on injuries and suspensions, and there'll be the odd tactical tweak in certain games. Remarkably, I think most of us on here, despite our sometimes heated debates, would agree with most of that selection.

A 4-4-2 like:

Woods
McGowan Tshiembe Kilgallon Gordon
Boyd (or Keatings) MacKinnon Martin Imrie
Miller
Brustad

Reasonable cover/variations provided by Fulton, Want, McMann, Sowah, Gogic (once fit), Lewis Smith (eased in), Bingham and Ogmpoe (once fit). And Hughes and Cunningham still to come back from loans.

That's a reasonable team but but you can't guarantee MC won't change his formations, another decision that baffles me a times. In my opinion Bingham needs a run in the reserves , a long run, to see if he can discover his shooting boots , if he has any. We also need some creativity in the the midfield.
Stodmeister
Championship

Return to The Accies