Back Four

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Back Four

Postby Stodmeister » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:12 am

Works.

Let's keep it that way please , and the same players , injuries and suspensions permitting , playing there.
Stodmeister
Championship

Re: Back Four

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:14 pm

Wholeheartedly agree. However I think there is always enormous pressure to play our youth products even when they are struggling to make the step up so not convinced it wont change again.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:07 pm

Also agree. It's harsh on McMann and Want, who seemed to have broken through to the first team, but they haven't reached the required standard - yet. McGowan - Tshiembe - Kilgallon - Gordon seems our best set-up, so as long as they're fit and continuing to play well, let's keep them there.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Stodmeister » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:14 pm

Willie Wastle wrote:Also agree. It's harsh on McMann and Want, who seemed to have broken through to the first team, but they haven't reached the required standard - yet. McGowan - Tshiembe - Kilgallon - Gordon seems our best set-up, so as long as they're fit and continuing to play well, let's keep them there.

Want will be one for the future , McMann has played a lot of games and looks like a confidence player and it doesn't help when Dougie starts shouting at him.

That back 4 is solid looking .
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby Willie Wastle » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:27 pm

Well, that's the defence sorted. Now what about the midfield?
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Stodmeister » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:04 am

Willie Wastle wrote:Well, that's the defence sorted. Now what about the midfield?

Now there's another question , I suppose it depends what formation is played , I would have McKinnon and Martin in there to break things up, Imrie also adds more dig but not sure whether he can consistently play for 90 minutes. I'm not sure whether Miller is regarded as a forward or midfield but he would be in the team. Brustad up front with Keatings / Boyd or Lewis Smith who seems to get rave reports.

I thought Aaron Smith would have been a good signing but something's not right there and Kieran Monlouis not heard anything about him either.

Would be good to see Gogic and Ogkmpoe getting back fit.
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby Bluesy » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:32 pm

McKinnon and Martin together are good with L Smith (in place of Imrie) and Miller in midfield. Brustad and Keatings up front.

With the back 4 we had on Saturday I'd be excited about that team.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:52 pm

Midfield: agree re MacKinnon and Martin as the anchors. Real lack of depth if either of them is out - I don't rate Taiwo, hopefully Gogic is close to coming back and challenging for a place.

Dougie is still a useful contributor, for all his shortcomings, plus someone creative on the right - Boyd, by preference, for me.

I don't understand why so many are keen to promote Lewis Smith, when our coaching staff clearly don't think he's ready yet. Remember how highly rated Grant Gillespie and Jordan Kirkpatrick were? But the step-up to the first team is huge. I'd have thought Ronan Hughes was ahead of Smith in the queue, and has gone out on loan, like Boyd, to get first team experience at a lower level - maybe Smith will follow the same path?

Forwards: Miller or Keatings playing off Brustad (or Ogmpoe, once fit) completes the team for me. Bingham just as back-up, although as we've seen, he gets plenty of opportunities. And the prospect of Ross Cunningham coming back to challenge.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:59 pm

You say the step up to the first team is huge, but yet you are calling for Boyd to be starting, when bar the two pretty lucky goals he's been abysmal.
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby Willie Wastle » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:36 pm

Scotty Tunbridge wrote:You say the step up to the first team is huge, but yet you are calling for Boyd to be starting, when bar the two pretty lucky goals he's been abysmal.

Boyd's already been out on loan (twice), as Hughes and Cunningham currently are, but which Smith hasn't been.

Boyd has already made more than 40 appearances for us.

He's scored two brilliant goals this season - which you describe as "lucky" - and another early last season, against Dundee.

He was one of several contenders for MOTM against St Mirren. I get that you don't like Boyd, but you can't ignore the facts.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Return to The Accies