How Hard Can It Be?????

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

How Hard Can It Be?????

Postby porcupine » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:03 pm

You are the stadium "announcer"!

1. Well before the game starts, you have the team sheets in front of you. It has both sets of players' names listed, including substitutes.
2. BEFORE making any public announcements, you make time to confirm (and practice) any pronunciations required.
3. You re-read & announce the correct names of players, both entering & leaving the field of play. :oops:
4. You announce goal scorers for either side without being carried away by your own emotions. :oops:
5. You make other public announcements without mispronouncing future visiting team’s names. :oops:
6. You stop making a fool of yourself publicly by repeated embarrassing performances whilst representing Hamilton Accies Supporters. :oops:

How Hard Can It Be?????
porcupine
Premiership

Re: How Hard Can It Be?????

Postby Bonjella » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:16 pm

I'm sure at one point on Sunday he said the youth game was 2-1 in the 1st leg??
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?
Bonjella
Pub League

Postby Tumbleweed.. » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:22 pm

The guy is a complete embarrassment and verges towards casual racism with his pronunciation of some players names, even our own. The most revealing thing was some of the many, many Rangers fans in front of me on Sunday actually laughed on hearing his buffoonery - no doubt for the first time even for those with home season tickets in hand - and if he is on the same level of thinking as such morons then God help us all !!!

The board, sorry, Ronnie, could practice sacking someone on him, then when he feels more confident in it he could turn to Canning and do the same. Mibbe not though :roll:
On the outskirts of nowhere, on the ring road to somewhere, on the verge of indecision, I'll always take the roundabout way.
Tumbleweed..
Seaside Leagues

Postby Euan » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:23 pm

I assume he tries to be a bumbling idiot in the style of Tommy Cooper, which takes a bit of effort to be good at.
Sometimes it’s quite funny but it can equally be annoying and embarrassing.
If it’s an act it needs working on and if not...anyone volunteering to help?
Euan
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:28 pm

What hypocrisy on this board.
Forget the announcer being pish.
The head coach has been pish his entire tenure.
More concerned about the pish head coach Cant -ing than the announcer to be honest.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Bomber Harris » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:35 pm

The bloke with the puzzled look that wears a school jumper and calls himself the manager is more of an embarrassment that some old jaike that gets names wrong every week. Jumper man gets tactics & formations wrong every game. How hard can it be to sack the Mike Basset of Scottish football?????
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:48 pm

The guy is a complete embarrassment and verges towards casual racism with his pronunciation of some players names, even our own.

When he attempted Tshiembe’s name for the first time several home games ago I had the same thought. Whatever he is a Mcgowan appointment so cant see a change happening anytime soon. The guy who should be doing it is Marcus Nash of Accies TV. He undertook the role at a reserve match and not surprisingly got it right ot a T.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:50 pm

Euan wrote:I assume he tries to be a bumbling idiot in the style of Tommy Cooper, which takes a bit of effort to be good at.
Sometimes it’s quite funny but it can equally be annoying and embarrassing.
If it’s an act it needs working on and if not...anyone volunteering to help?

That's a charitable interpretation.

The guy's an embarrassment. There must be better available.

But having a pop at the Board over this is pathetic (not you, Euan). What next - the pies are cold so sack the Board? :roll:
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:50 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:
The guy is a complete embarrassment and verges towards casual racism with his pronunciation of some players names, even our own.

When he attempted Tshiembe’s name for the first time several home games ago I had the same thought. Whatever he is a Mcgowan appointment so cant see a change happening anytime soon. The guy who should be doing it is Marcus Nash of Accies TV. He undertook the role at a reserve match and not surprisingly got it right ot a T.

Good idea. Can the Accies TV guys take this on, or do they already have competing match-day commitments?
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:55 pm

Marcus appears to have lost his cameraman sidekick as he is advertising on Accies twitter for a media assistant. And on match days he does seem to be trackside doing other things. But one for the SLO - Will you ask if Marcus can take over announcing?
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:03 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:Marcus appears to have lost his cameraman sidekick as he is advertising on Accies twitter for a media assistant. And on match days he does seem to be trackside doing other things. But one for the SLO - Will you ask if Marcus can take over announcing?

Seconded.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:47 pm

Willie Wastle wrote:
TerracingTomas wrote:Marcus appears to have lost his cameraman sidekick as he is advertising on Accies twitter for a media assistant. And on match days he does seem to be trackside doing other things. But one for the SLO - Will you ask if Marcus can take over announcing?

Seconded.

Thirded!
porcupine
Premiership

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:37 am

porcupine wrote:You are the stadium "announcer"!

1. Well before the game starts, you have the team sheets in front of you. It has both sets of players' names listed, including substitutes.
2. BEFORE making any public announcements, you make time to confirm (and practice) any pronunciations required.
3. You re-read & announce the correct names of players, both entering & leaving the field of play. :oops:
4. You announce goal scorers for either side without being carried away by your own emotions. :oops:
5. You make other public announcements without mispronouncing future visiting team’s names. :oops:
6. You stop making a fool of yourself publicly by repeated embarrassing performances whilst representing Hamilton Accies Supporters. :oops:

How Hard Can It Be?????

I agree and have been saying the same for some time, really is unacceptable.

His lowest point was playing 'dirty' versions of certain songs which included the N word.

It's about time the club grew a set and asked someone else to do it.

He along with the style of football make home games unbearable.
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:39 am

ACCIES SLO... i have seen this requested several times on twitter and now on here... what will be done about this as we are clearly not happy?

As suggested above it's verging on casual racism with his mocking of names, not what this club is about.
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby porcupine » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:43 am

ACCIES SLO

Well, you can see from the range of posters that my original comments have had almost universal support. Before the Club is involved in some formal complaint about the current announcer, this feedback from all on the post HAS to be made clear to the BOD.

Of course, it could be 'cut and pasted' onto an email direct to RM, but meantime please action, with a given timescale of 10 working days, and BEFORE the next home game.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:59 pm

porcupine wrote:ACCIES SLO

Well, you can see from the range of posters that my original comments have had almost universal support. Before the Club is involved in some formal complaint about the current announcer, this feedback from all on the post HAS to be made clear to the BOD.

Of course, it could be 'cut and pasted' onto an email direct to RM, but meantime please action, with a given timescale of 10 working days, and BEFORE the next home game.

An Accies Slo acting as a go between the fans & the board? Jesus Christ that'll be a 1st if that happens
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:03 pm

Stop bullying the announcer.
The guy is doing a great job with limited resources.
Punching well above his weight.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby porcupine » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:50 pm

hOW HARD CAN IT BE, ADMIN, to remove Amoutahere/SwiftFrank (again), until he re-invents himself with yet another name but spouting the same old stuff?
porcupine
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:14 pm

I find it sad to see on here and on Twitter the campaign to get rid of an old guy doing his best.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:32 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:I find it sad to see on here and on Twitter the campaign to get rid of an old guy doing his best.

No harm to the guy, but his best isn't good enough.

Ridiculing Ross County's low travelling support was a low point.

He constantly seems on the verge of saying something that could land him and/or the club in trouble.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Next

Return to The Accies