Clyde 1 super scoreboard

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Clyde 1 super scoreboard

Postby smc4761 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:01 pm

I have just called the super score board line and spoke with Hugh and Alex Rae.

I discussed just how bad the current first team are and got the usual punching above their weight blah blah blah

It seems there are more than a few disgruntled fans out there who are looking for Cannings head.

Much as I hate to say it the only way this board may do something, is the same as any club, hit them in the pocket. Dont go to games dont buy merchandise. I appreciate that we should support through good and bad times but there comes a point when you have to say enough is enough

If you want to support the club go and see the under 17 or under 19 who can seem to play a decent standard of football
smc4761
Championship
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:09 pm

Re: Clyde 1 super scoreboard

Postby Swift Frank » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:02 pm

Excellent post.
Vote with your feet.
And the Clown will go.
PS Hugh Keevins is an Old Fart, continually slagging off Accies poor fanbase without considering things like the wilderness years,Firhill/Cliftonhill/Broadwood for Scottish Cup replays/etc,
The years Accies treated their fans like shoe dirt now coming back to haunt them perhaps.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot
 
Posts: 403
Joined: Sun May 06, 2018 11:22 pm

Re: Clyde 1 super scoreboard

Postby Bomber Harris » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:23 am

Was listening to that last night at the start of my nightshift in my truck and was astonished at Alex Rae claim that Martin Canning is doing a fantastic job. Has anyone else ever seen that baldy coont at an Accies game to make that ridiculous claim? Another lazy shite pundit that's knows nothing. It's simple. Accies have stayed up not through Clownzo but the failings of Dundee Utd twice, Ross county and thistle plus it was Greg Docherty that kept us up against Utd not the clown who was a baw hair from taking us down. I'll not be back till the guy in the school jumper is gone...CANNING OUT.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership
 
Posts: 795
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:30 am

Re: Clyde 1 super scoreboard

Postby Swift Frank » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:41 am

This^^^^ Fact
Swift Frank
Team Mascot
 
Posts: 403
Joined: Sun May 06, 2018 11:22 pm

Re: Clyde 1 super scoreboard

Postby Willie Wastle » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:02 pm

Here's a fact. Supported by evidence.

Martin Canning has been a loyal servant of this club, as player and coach, for over ten years - this is his eleventh consecutive season at Accies. 8 of those 11 seasons have been spent in the top flight of Scottish football. Our average standing over the last ten years has been 11th. Teetering on the brink of the top flight, but still there (unprecedented in my lifetime).

Who else in the entire history of Hamilton Accies has a record comparable to that? I don't know, but you'd have to go back at least to the 1930s.

Ah, but he wears a v neck jumper. :roll: The quality of debate on here is farcical at times.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
User avatar
Willie Wastle
Premiership
 
Posts: 763
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:58 pm
Location: Linkumdoddie

Re: Clyde 1 super scoreboard

Postby Yummy Fur » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:34 pm

smc4761 wrote:I have just called the super score board line and spoke with Hugh and Alex Rae.

I discussed just how bad the current first team are and got the usual punching above their weight blah blah blah

It seems there are more than a few disgruntled fans out there who are looking for Cannings head.

Much as I hate to say it the only way this board may do something, is the same as any club, hit them in the pocket. Dont go to games dont buy merchandise. I appreciate that we should support through good and bad times but there comes a point when you have to say enough is enough

If you want to support the club go and see the under 17 or under 19 who can seem to play a decent standard of football




Don't post too often on this forum but the dishonesty of someone who has by his own admission not been to games or bought merchandise for many years calling for other fans to boycott has riled me sufficiently. Additionally the suggestion that you can starve the club of funds but yet still expect to go and watch our youth teams play "a decent standard of football" is foolish and naïve.

I have no issue with supporters that vote with their feet as with any form of entertainment in life there is no obligation to attend, if you aren't enjoying it then why go but the call for a boycott is an astonishing lack of perspective. Yes, there is may come a point when enough is enough but does that point come during our 5th season in the top flight - our most successful period post war - or at a time when despite a full new squad coming in and acclimatising to Scottish football we still find ourselves outside the playoff spot. Punching above our weight may seem like blah blah blah but it is also 100% accurate, I'll put it out there again but give me another club in Europe who have established themselves in a league where they are at such a financial disadvantage compared to the other clubs in the division?

I have little issue with fans questioning Canning as I believe it is justified as we are on a bad run but talks of boycotts, "Canning out" comments every 2nd post and some of the abuse on social media towards a manager who has achieved the target he has been set for the last 3 years are simply embarrassing and met with increduility by the entire Scottish football media.Where did this sense of entitlement come from as it seems unique to Accies in Scottish football. In comparison check out the vastly positive response and appreciation directed to Alan Archibald on Twitter when PT sacked him - a manager who got a team with a sizeably larger budget relegated and now lying towards the bottom of the Championship, or look at the just shy of 6000 fans (admittedly a sizable number from Ayrshire) who are sticking with their team and watched a poor St Mirren team lose again to Kilmarnock on Saturday.

Lastly just a word about Bomber Harris's oh so lazy argument that we only stayed up due to the other teams being poor, an argument that could be used for any success in any sport. I particularly liked that it was Docherty that kept us up and nothing to do with Canning which is a great argument where any mistakes, poor play by Accies players is Canning's fault but any good play has nothing to do with him - that would be thrown out a primary school debating competition as nonsense. Incidentally for those with short memories, Accies went into those play off games against Dundee United (double / triple the budget) as the walking wounded with not one recognised central defender but kept 2 clean sheets but please that was clearly nothing to do with Canning!!!

Looking forward to Swith Frank endorsing this response :0)
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:23 pm

Re: Clyde 1 super scoreboard

Postby smc4761 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:44 pm

Willie Wastle wrote:Here's a fact. Supported by evidence.

Martin Canning has been a loyal servant of this club, as player and coach, for over ten years - this is his eleventh consecutive season at Accies. 8 of those 11 seasons have been spent in the top flight of Scottish football. Our average standing over the last ten years has been 11th. Teetering on the brink of the top flight, but still there (unprecedented in my lifetime).

Who else in the entire history of Hamilton Accies has a record comparable to that? I don't know, but you'd have to go back at least to the 1930s.

Ah, but he wears a v neck jumper. :roll: The quality of debate on here is farcical at times.


Willie I assume that you are a season ticket holder or at least a regular to games. For that i totally respect you.

However surely you cannot be happy with the quality of football on show, the tactics that Canning gives the team. How many times have we chucked away a lead and lost. How many goals have we lost from set pieces. The team never learns from their mistakes. As stated on my other post his win rate is appalling for this calendar year in league games its now less than 20%. And dont get me started on his cup record, Annan twice, I will leave it there.

Yes he has been a great servant to club, but he has been given more than a fair crack of the whip. He may be a bloody nice chap, but there comes a time when you have to say, he gave it a decent effort, but its just not working out

I believe the only way he will get punted is if we lose the next few games heavily and fans vote with their feet and hit board where it hurts, in their pockets.............then again the board are so bloody minded
smc4761
Championship
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:09 pm

Re: Clyde 1 super scoreboard

Postby smc4761 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:51 pm

Yummy Fur wrote:
smc4761 wrote:I have just called the super score board line and spoke with Hugh and Alex Rae.

I discussed just how bad the current first team are and got the usual punching above their weight blah blah blah

It seems there are more than a few disgruntled fans out there who are looking for Cannings head.

Much as I hate to say it the only way this board may do something, is the same as any club, hit them in the pocket. Dont go to games dont buy merchandise. I appreciate that we should support through good and bad times but there comes a point when you have to say enough is enough

If you want to support the club go and see the under 17 or under 19 who can seem to play a decent standard of football




Don't post too often on this forum but the dishonesty of someone who has by his own admission not been to games or bought merchandise for many years calling for other fans to boycott has riled me sufficiently. Additionally the suggestion that you can starve the club of funds but yet still expect to go and watch our youth teams play "a decent standard of football" is foolish and naïve.

I have no issue with supporters that vote with their feet as with any form of entertainment in life there is no obligation to attend, if you aren't enjoying it then why go but the call for a boycott is an astonishing lack of perspective. Yes, there is may come a point when enough is enough but does that point come during our 5th season in the top flight - our most successful period post war - or at a time when despite a full new squad coming in and acclimatising to Scottish football we still find ourselves outside the playoff spot. Punching above our weight may seem like blah blah blah but it is also 100% accurate, I'll put it out there again but give me another club in Europe who have established themselves in a league where they are at such a financial disadvantage compared to the other clubs in the division?

I have little issue with fans questioning Canning as I believe it is justified as we are on a bad run but talks of boycotts, "Canning out" comments every 2nd post and some of the abuse on social media towards a manager who has achieved the target he has been set for the last 3 years are simply embarrassing and met with increduility by the entire Scottish football media.Where did this sense of entitlement come from as it seems unique to Accies in Scottish football. In comparison check out the vastly positive response and appreciation directed to Alan Archibald on Twitter when PT sacked him - a manager who got a team with a sizeably larger budget relegated and now lying towards the bottom of the Championship, or look at the just shy of 6000 fans (admittedly a sizable number from Ayrshire) who are sticking with their team and watched a poor St Mirren team lose again to Kilmarnock on Saturday.

Lastly just a word about Bomber Harris's oh so lazy argument that we only stayed up due to the other teams being poor, an argument that could be used for any success in any sport. I particularly liked that it was Docherty that kept us up and nothing to do with Canning which is a great argument where any mistakes, poor play by Accies players is Canning's fault but any good play has nothing to do with him - that would be thrown out a primary school debating competition as nonsense. Incidentally for those with short memories, Accies went into those play off games against Dundee United (double / triple the budget) as the walking wounded with not one recognised central defender but kept 2 clean sheets but please that was clearly nothing to do with Canning!!!

Looking forward to Swith Frank endorsing this response :0)



Yummy fur thanks for the points you make all well made.

In my original post you claim I am dishonest, no idea how you came to that conclusion.

I believe that my post and others I make are my own honest opinion. I have never at any time claimed to be a die in the wool Accies fan who goes to all games. Hands up I dont. The football on show is just too painful to watch and IMHO Canning is taking the team backwards. Why would I throw away my hard earned cash to watch the drivel on display, put there by a manager whose tactics at times are truly baffling.

At what point do fans say enough is enough. If he fails to win any of the next 4 games and that is a distinct possibility, his win ratio this year will be 5 wins in 30 games, so 15%. No club manager can survive with a record like that. Can they??????
smc4761
Championship
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:09 pm

Re: Clyde 1 super scoreboard

Postby Bomber Harris » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:56 pm

Yummy Fur wrote:
smc4761 wrote:I have just called the super score board line and spoke with Hugh and Alex Rae.

I discussed just how bad the current first team are and got the usual punching above their weight blah blah blah

It seems there are more than a few disgruntled fans out there who are looking for Cannings head.

Much as I hate to say it the only way this board may do something, is the same as any club, hit them in the pocket. Dont go to games dont buy merchandise. I appreciate that we should support through good and bad times but there comes a point when you have to say enough is enough

If you want to support the club go and see the under 17 or under 19 who can seem to play a decent standard of football




Don't post too often on this forum but the dishonesty of someone who has by his own admission not been to games or bought merchandise for many years calling for other fans to boycott has riled me sufficiently. Additionally the suggestion that you can starve the club of funds but yet still expect to go and watch our youth teams play "a decent standard of football" is foolish and naïve.

I have no issue with supporters that vote with their feet as with any form of entertainment in life there is no obligation to attend, if you aren't enjoying it then why go but the call for a boycott is an astonishing lack of perspective. Yes, there is may come a point when enough is enough but does that point come during our 5th season in the top flight - our most successful period post war - or at a time when despite a full new squad coming in and acclimatising to Scottish football we still find ourselves outside the playoff spot. Punching above our weight may seem like blah blah blah but it is also 100% accurate, I'll put it out there again but give me another club in Europe who have established themselves in a league where they are at such a financial disadvantage compared to the other clubs in the division?

I have little issue with fans questioning Canning as I believe it is justified as we are on a bad run but talks of boycotts, "Canning out" comments every 2nd post and some of the abuse on social media towards a manager who has achieved the target he has been set for the last 3 years are simply embarrassing and met with increduility by the entire Scottish football media.Where did this sense of entitlement come from as it seems unique to Accies in Scottish football. In comparison check out the vastly positive response and appreciation directed to Alan Archibald on Twitter when PT sacked him - a manager who got a team with a sizeably larger budget relegated and now lying towards the bottom of the Championship, or look at the just shy of 6000 fans (admittedly a sizable number from Ayrshire) who are sticking with their team and watched a poor St Mirren team lose again to Kilmarnock on Saturday.

Lastly just a word about Bomber Harris's oh so lazy argument that we only stayed up due to the other teams being poor, an argument that could be used for any success in any sport. I particularly liked that it was Docherty that kept us up and nothing to do with Canning which is a great argument where any mistakes, poor play by Accies players is Canning's fault but any good play has nothing to do with him - that would be thrown out a primary school debating competition as nonsense. Incidentally for those with short memories, Accies went into those play off games against Dundee United (double / triple the budget) as the walking wounded with not one recognised central defender but kept 2 clean sheets but please that was clearly nothing to do with Canning!!!

Looking forward to Swith Frank endorsing this response :0)


Your hands must be like leather after that very long happy clap
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership
 
Posts: 795
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:30 am

Re: Clyde 1 super scoreboard

Postby Willie Wastle » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:12 pm

Many good points by yummy fur. I admit I didn't actually take the OP's "boycott" call seriously.

As a season ticket holder since we moved to NDP, and sat in the same seat for the last eleven seasons, the last six with my son beside me - thanks to the club's excellent family friendly policies - I've seen my share of bad performances and results. Would I prefer we were doing better? Of course! Would I prefer to go down to a lower level to improve our win percentages? No thanks.

Always room for improvement. Aways room for constructive criticism. But I'm content with Martin Canning and his coaching staff. And delighted with the way the club has been run since Ronnie Macdonald and associates took over.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
User avatar
Willie Wastle
Premiership
 
Posts: 763
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:58 pm
Location: Linkumdoddie

Re: Clyde 1 super scoreboard

Postby Swift Frank » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:32 pm

Canning Out
Swift Frank
Team Mascot
 
Posts: 403
Joined: Sun May 06, 2018 11:22 pm

Re: Clyde 1 super scoreboard

Postby Admin » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:33 am

Swift Frank wrote:Canning Out


Check your private message inbox.
User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:37 pm

Re: Clyde 1 super scoreboard

Postby Willie Wastle » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:22 am

Admin wrote:
Swift Frank wrote:Canning Out


Check your private message inbox.

I'm hoping this means we're going to be spared his tiresome repetition.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
User avatar
Willie Wastle
Premiership
 
Posts: 763
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:58 pm
Location: Linkumdoddie

Re: Clyde 1 super scoreboard

Postby porcupine » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:59 am

Await reincarnation as "Amoutahere 2"???
porcupine
Premiership
 
Posts: 621
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:08 pm

Re: Clyde 1 super scoreboard

Postby Swift Frank » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:52 pm

Hopes dashed girls?
Swift Frank
Team Mascot
 
Posts: 403
Joined: Sun May 06, 2018 11:22 pm


Return to The Accies

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bomber Harris, Willie Wastle and 5 guests