Stephen Hendrie Speculation

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Stephen Hendrie Speculation

Postby Accies999 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:31 pm

More paper talk regarding Stephen. At least there's not long to go before the transfer window closes so we won't have to listen to the speculation for too long. Good bit of business for both player and club if there's any truth in it.

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/754220191?-19317:5410
Accies999
Seaside Leagues

Re: Stephen Hendrie Speculation

Postby H9crx » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:30 pm

I cant see the club turning down such an offer! but also cant see the value in SH.

i will be proven wrong nodout
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:23 pm

Doesn’t actually say what they bid. Lets face it however good or bad he is, he is out of contract in the summer. I’m surprised that a club hasn’t entered pre contract negotiations with the player direct. I assume they can do this?
Alfie Olek

Postby redandwhite1874 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:09 pm

Look at how much Rangers had to pay for Telfer, who had about 5 mins first team experience in division 2.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Accies999 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:16 pm

Alfie Olek wrote:Doesn’t actually say what they bid. Lets face it however good or bad he is, he is out of contract in the summer. I’m surprised that a club hasn’t entered pre contract negotiations with the player direct. I assume they can do this?

2 million if there's any truth in this one..........http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/754226360?-19317:5410
Accies999
Seaside Leagues

Postby Accies999 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:20 pm

Alfie Olek wrote:Doesn’t actually say what they bid. Lets face it however good or bad he is, he is out of contract in the summer. I’m surprised that a club hasn’t entered pre contract negotiations with the player direct. I assume they can do this?

2 million if there's in truth I'm it.........http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/754226360?-19317:5410
Accies999
Seaside Leagues

Postby WILF » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:20 am

Good luck to the lad if he goes, if Accies turned down £2m for him I'd be beyond amazed.
WILF
Seaside Leagues

Postby AmanAccie » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:38 pm

The West Ham fans seem to think he is exactly the type of player that would suit their system. All seem to agree they should go through with the deal.
AmanAccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Alfie Olek » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:52 pm

From BBC News website

16:48: Hammers offer £2m for Hendrie Jane Lewis BBC Scotland

Hamilton full-back Stephen Hendrie has been the subject of an offer in excess of £2m from West Ham.
However, the London club has not been back in touch to formalise their bid, with the Accies happy to proceed with the sale of the 20-year-old.
Hendrie is out of contract at the end of the season.
The Scotland Under-21 international has made more than 100 appearances for the Lanarkshire side since making the breakthrough in 2011.

Chairman of West Ham to Sam Allardyce “ You bid fxxxxn how much? “ :oops:
Alfie Olek

Postby H9crx » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:28 pm

see below
Last edited by H9crx on Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Davidson1874 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:59 pm

H9crx wrote:Ronny on BBc

Cristal palace bid for SH then West Ham bid when they were in London but did finalised it and agreed fees with agent and SH. Ronny not happy with the way West Ham did business. Two other clubs now in for him, Also wast ham back in now the frame. Ronny said he would not sell a player for £2m with out add on's

Not sure what language the above is written in, however, the board have a good record when dealing with out-going transfers. The add on clauses have boosted previous transfer fees considerably, be daft not to have any in place!
Davidson1874
Pub League

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:43 pm

In December Palace were negotiating/bidding for SH when West Ham came in with a stronger bid. Club and player and player went to London, fee agreed, personal terms agreed and agent's fee agreed. WH said they would email formal bid on 1 Jan; they then said they would come in person and complete on 4 Jan. Since then no contact from them and Ronnie was clearly annoyed at them messing us, and Stephen, about.

Ronnie said he wouldn't let a player like Stephen go for just £2m ( including with add ons)
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:47 am

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That's what I said in dyslexic text. Thanks mate.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Accies4ever » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:54 pm

As far as i understand the situation, assuming that the £2m bid was ever actually bid, that West Ham now don't deem that to be a good deal, especially as Hendrie will be a free agent come June.
How they never thought that in the first place also seems strange.

Not sure what the situation will be if Hendrie leaves as a free agent and him being under 21, but I think Accies would only get a nominal fee.

Perhaps Accies should have settled for a lot less, say £500k, to at least get something reasonable for him.

Think there's hee-haw chance that Hendrie will sign a contract extension at Accies now, but stranger things have happened.

Got to be honest about Hendrie.
Never thought he was a special player and don't think we'll have too much trouble replacing him.

Would love to see big Easton back at Accies, if that's at all possible.
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:08 pm

Accies4ever wrote:As far as i understand the situation, assuming that the £2m bid was ever actually bid, that West Ham now don't deem that to be a good deal, especially as Hendrie will be a free agent come June.
How they never thought that in the first place also seems strange.

Not sure what the situation will be if Hendrie leaves as a free agent and him being under 21, but I think Accies would only get a nominal fee.

Perhaps Accies should have settled for a lot less, say £500k, to at least get something reasonable for him.

Think there's hee-haw chance that Hendrie will sign a contract extension at Accies now, but stranger things have happened.

Got to be honest about Hendrie.
Never thought he was a special player and don't think we'll have too much trouble replacing him.

Would love to see big Easton back at Accies, if that's at all possible.

Interesting start to your post where you almost imply that the West Ham story isn't fully true - we don't have to assume anything as Ronnie has been pretty detailed. Clearly any club starting such negotiations would be fully aware of the contract situation - its a matter of public record - how you convince yourself that West Ham were ignorant of that is strange. The £2m figure is including add ons so the upfront fee would be well below that. Also worth noting that Palace also agreed a fee so there is/was a competitive element to this.

Ronnie has also said that due to his age and appearances it wouldn't be a nominal fee and that this position has been made clear to clubs - Dundee United had to pay Ranger £200k for Telfer who had nest to no first team experience and only in the lower leagues.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Accies4ever » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:19 pm

All I'm saying here is don't always believe what you read.

Accies have always said that deals are confidential, so where did the figure of £2m come from?
Accies, papers, elsewhere.

If it was all true, why did West Ham go cold on the deal?

Like everyone else on here it's 99% speculation.
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby Alfie Olek » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:34 pm

Accies have always said that deals are confidential, so where did the figure of £2m come from?
Accies, papers, elsewhere.

Like u I was very sceptical of the 2 million figure quoted in the papers but if u go to the official Accies site there is a link to the BBC sport sound interview with Ronnie before last nights game. he quite clearly states they had agreed a 2 million fee with add ons. he then states Hendrie had agreed personal terms and his agent agreed his terms If you ask me what when wrong someone at West Ham perhaps not involved in the negotiations but sufficiently influential has had a long cool look at the deal and the fact that Hendrie is out of contract at the end of the season and pulled the plug. Who knows? I'm not convinced Hendrie will now leave during this window. Not long to wait and find out.
Alfie Olek

Postby Accies4ever » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:05 am

No disrespect to Hendrie, but if someone, anyone was prepared to pay anything like £2m for him, they can take him right away.

I personally didn't even think he was our best left back, never mind one of our best players.

He only ever had one gear---slow!
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby WILF » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:28 pm

Couldn't make the game today and watching sport scene and just seen goals from Thistle game and ffs Hendrie looks far from clever in at least 4 of the goals!!

1st goal completely out of position not in a defensive line
2nd goal loses his man who then scores
4th goal provides no cover to Routledge who gets skinned
5th goal loses his man who scores

Hope Canning improves him. Annoying to watch.
WILF
Seaside Leagues

Postby H9crx » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:32 pm

We are just playing this passenger to get him sold. He is not going to re signe so get him to fuck and give McDonald a chance.
H9crx
Premiership

Next

Return to The Accies