Admission Price V ICT

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Admission Price V ICT

Postby Accies Finest Spark » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:49 pm

10p Admission

See below from OS.

Saturday’s match against Inverness CT at New Douglas Park on Saturday 24th of January marks Frankie McAvoy’s last game as an “Academical"

Both he and Alex Neil have given us wonderful service in their time at the Club, both of them served us for 10 years, and of course Alex wore the number 10 jersey with distinction

As a mark of the esteem we hold them in, we have designated Saturday’s game as a tribute to these significant 10’s and will make the admission charge for all spectators, home or away, just 10p (Ten Pence).

We look forward to welcoming all our loyal supporters, and perhaps some new ones, to send Frankie, (and Alex), off with the acclaim they deserve.

Ronnie Macdonald
Vice Chairman
Accies Finest Spark
Pub League

Re: Admission Price V ICT

Postby redandwhite1874 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:59 pm

That is some deal ! - a great move after some less than ideal treatment of PATG fans.

Hopefully they should have plenty of chances for people to donate to the youth fund etc - particularly on the way out after a victory?
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Accies999 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:46 pm

That's amazing, more so for the Inverness supporters. Hopefully we'll get a big crowd, put on a decent display and get a few more coming back. Well done Accies.
Accies999
Seaside Leagues

Postby Red and white hoops » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:48 pm

Fantastic gesture. Well done all involved in making this decision.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Whiskeytown » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:06 pm

Amazing. I remember in our first recent Premier season we cut the price for a game with Inverness from £22 to £10 and got about an extra 500. At 10p a pop, the mind boggles what we could get. Mind you, if it's absolutely Baltic like now it might not make much of a difference! But well done to the club for this, it should get headlines across UK, like Albion Rovers' "pay what you can day" got.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby Alfie Olek » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:07 pm

Excellent. For those who regularly PATG this means they have effectively paid £20 or less a game this season taking the Inverness game as a £22 saving/discount. The aim of this, group giveaway tickets and free tickets for season ticket holders is presumably to increase the home fan base long term. Ronnie and Les need to think this through to keep those extra fans who have come in via these measures. Given it is likely we will still be in the premiership next season i would like to see PATG reduced to £20 and the season ticket frozen :D
Alfie Olek

Postby Accies999 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:36 am

Alfie Olek wrote:Excellent. For those who regularly PATG this means they have effectively paid £20 or less a game this season taking the Inverness game as a £22 saving/discount. The aim of this, group giveaway tickets and free tickets for season ticket holders is presumably to increase the home fan base long term. Ronnie and Les need to think this through to keep those extra fans who have come in via these measures. Given it is likely we will still be in the premiership next season i would like to see PATG reduced to £20 and the season ticket frozen :D

I think you're spot on. The deals the club have been doing are fantastic, but £22 does not do a lot to encourage the casual supporter. I would reduce the prices even further, possibly to £18. As I've mentioned earlier for people who can't afford season tickets or attend every game I would offer mini season tickets like Blackpool do. You can buy a book of 4 or 6 tickets, choose you're games and contact the club when you want to use a ticket. Benefits are as with season tickets it makes it slightly cheaper.

I for one can't complain as I get the benefit of the 2 free kids season tickets. Unfortunately I've not managed to attend a game this season and am unlikely to due to illness, but never mind there's next season. As long as the board keep trying we have to support them.
Accies999
Seaside Leagues

Return to The Accies