Accies .V. Dundee - MATCH THREAD

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Accies .V. Dundee - MATCH THREAD

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:22 am

Couple of additional pieces of info

Reminder to keep your ticket stub if a PATG entry today for purchasing a Rangers match ticket.

Following the tragic news of the passing of local youngster Rachel Steven last week there will be collections taking place at both home & away turnstiles tomorrow for her family with the club doubling the total raised on the day.

And finally I’ve been advised by some fans Kate last night that there will be a 12th min applause in memory of Rachel.
Email: sean@acciesfc.co.uk
Twitter: @AcciesFCSLO
Phone: 01698 368650
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:36 pm

Accies v Dundee
Celtic v Aberdeen
Hearts v St Johnstone

All home wins? If these games go to form, and Accies, Celtic and Hearts all win, then we'll be seventh tonight.

Bring it on!
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:40 pm

So we can’t field the same XI: injuries to two crucial players, Daz & Miller, leave us looking a bit light - squad depth being tested!

Let’s hope it doesn’t make that much difference.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:50 pm

CANNING OUT ! !
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Big Wurzil » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:09 pm

1 shot on target.

It beggars belief, st mirren last week was a smoke screen
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:26 pm

Disappointing.

Tempers will run high after that, but the result was a travesty. Either strike off the bar goes in, and we take at least a draw.

I want to see their opening goal again. Who was to blame? We've lost goals from set pieces before, and we will again, but that was a really soft one, and very costly. It cost us the game.

It looked like we missed Miller more than MacKinnon, but we should still have had plenty in the tank to beat Dundee. Can't fault Canning for his approach - he set us up to win that game, and threw on all our forwards in the second half in pursuit of the elusive equaliser.

Results elsewhere went for us. If we won, we'd have gone up to seventh; as it is, our position is unchanged. But that was a real missed opportunity. This being Accies, we'll now probably win one of the tougher games coming up. I hope so, anyway.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:37 pm

There are three certainties in life:death,taxes and Dundee ending a terrible run at NDP.

The second half was a contrast to the first where our ineffective midfield(Ronan Hughes & Lewis Smith surely can't be worse than Taiwo,Kelly & Imrie) and one man up top allowed Dundee to look like Barcelona.

Canning should have changed it in the first half and the worst we would have got was a draw.Now,we are back in the mire with three difficult games to come although Accies being Accies,I expect us to pull a result out of nowhere in one of them.

An opportunity missed but it was not unexpected;it's the Accies way.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:39 pm

I won't be posting on here again tonight. Bad defeats like that bring out the worst of our fans on here. A bit like the braindead booing every time we passed the ball backwards today. I don't want to get drawn into stupid arguments.

We lost. We shouldn't have, but it happens. We'll get our revenge on Dundee next time, because they're really not much of a team. I remain confident we'll finish above them.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:46 pm

Willie Wastle wrote:I won't be posting on here again tonight. Bad defeats like that bring out the worst of our fans on here. A bit like the braindead booing every time we passed the ball backwards today. I don't want to get drawn into stupid arguments.

We lost. We shouldn't have, but it happens. We'll get our revenge on Dundee next time, because they're really not much of a team. I remain confident we'll finish above them.

Ideally don’t come back happy clapper.
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby adriansprott » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:05 pm

Started 1 up front at home against the bottom of the league side , showed them too much respect and didn’t press them at all in the first half . Canning blew his tactics and should have had the balls to change it in the first half when it wasn’t working. Accies came to life when he did change it and should have won , but we should have started that way .
Kelly , Taiwo and Boyd were woeful. Dougie seemed to be drifting around left and central midfield without any purpose then bizarrely spent the last 20 minutes playing behind the 2 centre halfs when we were trying to equalise . I am assuming that this was some well intentioned plan to build from the back but it gave me the fear every time he touched the ball there , Alex Neil he most certainly isn’t .
Canning cann’t be blamed when so many of his players don’t turn up but should have to answer for the negative formation he set out after the result and performance last week .
adriansprott
Pub League

Postby porcupine » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:54 pm

adriansprott wrote:Started 1 up front at home against the bottom of the league side , showed them too much respect and didn’t press them at all in the first half . Canning blew his tactics and should have had the balls to change it in the first half when it wasn’t working. Accies came to life when he did change it and should have won , but we should have started that way .
Kelly , Taiwo and Boyd were woeful. Dougie seemed to be drifting around left and central midfield without any purpose then bizarrely spent the last 20 minutes playing behind the 2 centre halfs when we were trying to equalise . I am assuming that this was some well intentioned plan to build from the back but it gave me the fear every time he touched the ball there , Alex Neil he most certainly isn’t .
Canning cann’t be blamed when so many of his players don’t turn up but should have to answer for the negative formation he set out after the result and performance last week .

Held off posting to calm down until now.

Contradictions here, Adrian! Canning CAN be blamed for inactivity (including the old hands-in-pockets approach) throughout the first half when it was clear to everyone else that Dundee were up for it and the Accies formation was not. We only started to play in the last 20 minutes, when the dreadful Kelly and Taiwo were hooked. Boyd could well have gone then too.

Like many I have been patient with MC to allow him time to find his feet. Sadly, he has again demonstrated that he just does not 'have it' when it comes to managing and achieving results with tactical awareness throughout the 90 minutes. Did anyone else compare McCann's body language with our manager, or was it just me?

Most of this year's squad are MC's signings, so he HAS to take the blame for not using his troops to the best advantage. Had we started with the final eleven, there is every chance we would have run over the Dee, as their defence when presssurised (on rare occasions) looked distinctly uneasy and panicky. Conjecture, yes, but we allowed them to play and they then deserved their three points, even at 1-0.

Not going to be another great season, where we can only hope than Livvy & St Midden get even worse results than us. On this showing, the Dee will be safe.

Board will have seen nothing to be worried about however, and MC, unlike JC, will survive beyond Easter. :roll: :roll: :roll:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:05 pm

CANNING OUT ! !
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:50 pm

I said earlier in the week “we can and should beat them”. Of course we didn’t and ever the realist I should have remembered we don’t do 2 in a row. Well rarely, last season I think we only managed this feat twice. Until Canning made the double substitution we never really looked like scoring indeed at times Dundee pinned us back. The midfield was posted missing again and even the defence including Kilgallon looked uncomfortable at times. The substitutions while impacting should have been made at half time. I could go on but it’s already been said. God knows where we go from here. :?:

Ps The home support today was 1355. Given last weeks good result and the incentive of getting a second stub allowing fans to get a ticket for the rangers game should we have expected more? Probably not the fare on offer is just not going to entice those that have fallen by the wayside to come back.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:27 am

Will soon be 355 if this Clown is allowed to continue in his job.
One look at how Section A has dwindled tells you all you need to know about the apathy Canning has accelerated at this Club.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Willie Wastle » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:17 pm

Some of us were optimistic before yesterday's game; others feared the typical Accies concession when things seem to be going well. I guess there were enough of the latter for last night's backlash to be less than I feared.

After everything clicked against St Mirren, we wanted more of the same, so it was a blow to be deprived of two of the players most crucial to that system. Certainly Miller, who was our most dangerous attacker and combined well with Boyd. I don't understand why Boyd has been getting stick from some when, for me, he's been one of our most effective players so far this season. Our replacements were among our weakest performers: Taiwo is no Daz, and from his showings so far, I don't expect Kelly will still be with us next season.

The way I saw it Dundee came out of the blocks for the first 15-20 minutes, which was to be expected, but didn't cause us many problems. Then it was a poor first half for both teams, and I was starting to reflect on a half where neither side had a decent attempt on goal, and neither keeper had a save to make. Our best effort had been Dougie running clear in the box onto an over-the-top ball, but blasting off target. Dundee hadn't had anything of similar note. Then the goal.

We didn't defend the set piece well. Want was outjumped by the scorer, which was disappointing, but I haven't yet seen highlights to judge how the whole defence coped. Could Woods have done better? Should we have had a man on the near post? A costly one to lose, as it turned out. On another day, we might have made up for it at the other end, but it wasn't to be.

I thought Canning did the right things at half time: hard words, I'm sure, in the dressing room, chase them out early, and give the same XI a chance to put things right before making changes. Positive, attacking substitutions to have a real go at them. I agree with the gaffer that we dominated the second half. 4-2-4 at times, and varying the play. We didn't create enough chances, we didn't test the keeper enough, but we hit the bar twice and on another day would have got the goals we needed.

Deeply frustrating, on a day when other results went well for us, not to get the win and move up the table away from the bottom. And always annoying when Dundee come and beat us. But we're still 9th, no need to throw the toys out the pram. We need to bounce back from this.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:02 pm

Canning Out.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Willie Wastle » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:26 pm

Swift Frank wrote:Canning Out.

Wouldn't make any difference.

Pointless angry knee-jerk reaction/slogan.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives