7 attempts on target in 5 league games

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

7 attempts on target in 5 league games

Postby Big Wurzil » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:58 pm

Absolute criminal.

To have no shots on target today is horrendous.

And from what I saw last night from st mirren then I fear the worst next week.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Re: 7 attempts on target in 5 league games

Postby accies1874 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:35 pm

I'm surprised it's that many.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:46 pm

We have lost Docherty,Ferguson,Crawford,Redmond and a past it Imrie from the midfield and not one of the new arrivals has stepped up to the plate or seems to have the creativity needed.

For once,Canning has been allowed to bring in signings but most appear woefully short of what is required.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:10 pm

Bring on the Euro Pish.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby adriansprott » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:42 pm

Despite his obvious ineptitude , Canning was always given a bit of slack as he didn’t have much to work with. Now he has been allowed to bring in signings with no improvement , it’s surely time to cut him loose. Although I can’t imagine that the Accies manager’s salary is great , we may be surprised at the calibre of CV that would come in for the vacant post if the board had the balls / brains to get someone else in. Also got to believe that we will attract better candidates as a Premiership outfit!

Speaking of the board , Canning was a lazy appointment when Neil left and his results from day one were shocking , they need to take share of the blame on this and fix it sooner rather than later , but for a freak result against Rangers last season we would have been down anyway , anyone know where we can hire a plane to fly a banner ?
adriansprott
Pub League

Postby Swift Frank » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:47 am

Any reputable joiner/carpenter would lend you a plane.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Willie Wastle » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:48 am

As usual, it doesn't take many poor performances or results for the knives to come out for the manager. As though Dougie Imrie would make massive improvements.

I see the other cause celebre is the formation. Another relatively easy change to make, and equally unlikely to have much impact.

I don't have the answers, but I suspect they may be something to do with finding our best XI (which, granted, should be sorted by now), making sure they're motivated, and those players playing to the best of their ability.

However, it also seems that we no longer have an approach, system or tactics (call it what you will) for competing with bottom half teams who don't set up to attack us. We seem well equipped to put up a good show against the better sides, where we sit in and look for chances to counter-attack. But if they don't come at us, we seem at a loss.

I reckon we now have good defenders, and enough of them to provide sufficient cover. We have several striking options (incredible to see fans writing off Brustad after less than 90 minutes). Our problem is in midfield: we lack creativity - our options seem to be Martin (is he the creative type?), Boyd (surely more of a forward) and Imrie coming off the bench. So we have Miller, Bingham and maybe now Keatings dropping back, which can't be the answer.

It's not working. That much we can all agree on. But the solutions are likely to be more difficult and enduring than a change of manager or formation.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:27 am

I have been saying this for some time now as have many others. Canning out. He seems like a decent enough bloke but football manager NO

Unfortunatley this is never going to happen and in the unlikely event that it did, who would we get, Imrie, almost certainly

No manager has a worse win ration than Canning in all of top leagues in Scotland or England and survived. Think it is now 2 wins from last 17 games
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:25 pm

A sneaky wee cheat like Imrie as manager? No thanks!
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:23 pm

It's been a disappointing start, no question. Even writing off the League Cup as having been treated like friendly games (shame!), we've lost 4 out of 5 in the league - 2 of those very winnable games, on paper at least. The lack of shots is only one stat, lack of goals is another.

The big question is: are we just in a settling-in phase, with our three latest signings making their first appearances yesterday, and given time it can all come good; or do we lack the quality to compete this season, even after a record number of new signings, and will only avoid relegation if (like last season) there are two teams even worse than us?

I'm not panicking yet. If we lose to St Mirren and Dundee, then I will. On the other hand, win both those games and it's starting to look like we're all right.

Let's give our new signings a game or two yet.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:47 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:A sneaky wee cheat like Imrie as manager? No thanks!

Would much rather have Dougie as manager than Canning. Could he really do any worse than Cantzo? Is it possible to do any worse than Clueless?
Got a short memory,Clarke.
More of a workaholic team player than a cheat.
Take a look at yourself Clarke.
DOUGIE DOUGIE ! !
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby really? » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:43 pm

In defence of Dougie, he did let the ball go out of play so a Livi player could get treatment near the end when we were desperately chasing an equaliser. He was also seriously elbowed in the head right in front of us in the main stand, next to the linesman - should have been a straight red and he never even got a foul.
really?
Seaside Leagues

Postby Swift Frank » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:43 pm

There are a hell of a lot of people who deserve criticism before Dougie Imrie that's all I'm saying.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Return to The Accies