Re: Livingston .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby Swift Frank » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:29 pm

monkeybones wrote:We're not very good

Understatement of the Year 2018.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Tumbleweed.. » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:24 pm

Wish I hadn't bothered making the effort today, I think the fans put in more to that game than the players ! The goal was a terrific strike but we had 87 minutes to get an equaliser and just didn't look capable of doing so, or of even frightening their keeper.

Woods made a good save early in the second half but I cant think of anyone else really who would get pass marks, which is criminal against a Livi team who were up for it but pretty limited - we were even more limited and didn't look up for it at all.

Not sure about 5 at the back and taking McMann off early and Sowah later on means Canning probably wasn't either. Both were poor and Tshiembe was a bomb scare, continually manhandling players and lucky to get away with it as often as he did. Midfield was virtually non-existent and while Martin did keep working, the end product wasn't there. Miller was average at best and I'm fed up watching Bingham be ineffective, even at holding the ball up. Brustad wasn't impressive either and I expected him to be far better in the air than he was. Kilgallon was ok, but got caught out from the very first long ball of the game which didn't augur well.

As for the subs, are they not supposed to make the team better ? Imrie ran and dived about a fair bit, but was particularly adept at putting the ball out of play or into the goalkeepers arms, while Boyd was, well, Boyd and added nothing at all, while Keatings came on far too late and didn't really do much. He fitted in well.

Overall, that game was a complete scunner to watch and really showed how bad we are at most aspects of the game. Not sure where we go from here, although I cant imagine it is anywhere appealing . :oops:
On the outskirts of nowhere, on the ring road to somewhere, on the verge of indecision, I'll always take the roundabout way.
Tumbleweed..
Seaside Leagues

Postby Yummy Fur » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:46 pm

£24 for a ticket, £5 for parking, missing the only goal due to Livingston's shambolic ticketing policy and then having to suffer that for 85 minutes - if Carlsberg did days out at the football it would be nothing like that.

A performance every bit as bad as the first 70 minutes at Motherwell but this time we didn't get a goal to mask the abysmal display. From early on it was clear that the formation wasn't working - Sowah was having a mare as part of a back 3, our wing backs were not offering any attacking threat and most importantly we were short in midfield and completely losing the battle meaning that our front 2 were getting no service - so I was delighted to see Canning had realised this and was making an early change when I saw a sub stripped. Sadly that sub was a like for like Imrie for McMann meaning that absolutely nothing changed aside from McMann's confidence taking a big dent - we soldiered on with a spare centre half for 85 soul destroying minutes. It's not just the formation, it's difficult to see any real game plan or style of play being developed. We aren't a long ball team, we aren't a passing team, we aren't a pressing team, we are a nothing team at the moment with not even a threat from set-pieces as despite signing 14 new players (or thereabouts) we still have to rely on Imrie taking awful corner after awful corner with the odd awful free kick thrown in. Also a special mention for his disgraceful dive in the box on the only occasion that we actually got behind their defence - an awful example from a senior player.

I don't think our squad is that bad I also thought that our debutants today showed some promise (I liked the look of Martin in particular despite some poor passing) but big changes are needed. It's time to pick 2 centre halfs and trust them, go for a flat back 4 and revert back to a 4-5-1 which worked well for a good while. I'd like to see Bingham and Miller playing on the wings and feeding Brustad, they have pace to burn but are totally wasted at the moment getting balls pinged into their throats for 90 minutes. Also McKinnon isn't a captain, hasn't kicked a ball since being appointed and currently looks like a man with an inflated opinion of his own importance (he'll be dinking penalties next) - a change is needed.
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby Swift Frank » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:13 pm

Given the choice, I'd take Neil McCan't over Martin Cantzo any day of the week.
Canning OUT.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Gav » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:56 am

We got rid of Scott Pitman and he was playing juniors a couple of years ago yet now he is dominating against us.
Gav
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:45 pm

Any idea of the away support figure yesterday? Accies have only posted the overall crowd figure which was I think just over 1300. Interested to know whether the ticket shambles impacted.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:49 pm

17 men and a dog.
That's the Canning effect for you.
Going DOWN with the CLOWN.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Previous

Return to The Accies