Accies v Kilmarnock fixture change to 7 February

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies v Kilmarnock fixture change to 7 February

Postby Joemcc » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:13 pm

Just noticed that this rescheduled match is on the mid term holiday weekend for schools. Think this might be a bad move for us since a lot of people with kids will be away for the long weekend.

Also a bit strange to change a match scheduled for 8 April into what is likely to be a cold a chilly February.

I realise that the club are trying to move a midweek fixture to a Saturday as they believe they will get a bigger crowd on a weekend but it might not work here given what I have said previously.
Joemcc
Pub League

Re: Accies v Kilmarnock fixture change to 7 February

Postby Gaspode » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:33 pm

A good move IMO. Saturday football every time over midweek, regardless of the weather.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby Accies999 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:22 am

Personally I'd much rather have a Saturday fixture as well. I can't really see it making too much difference to attendance. I'd hope that it maybe added a few more on. Who knows, it's all down to personal preferences. I know my son and a few of his friends have after school activities so the wouldn't make a midweek game anyway.
Accies999
Seaside Leagues

Postby Joemcc » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:17 am

I agree that a Saturday is preferable to midweek but just thought the Saturday chosen was poor.

The 7th of March is currently a free Saturday as well so that would have been a better choice in my opinion.

Anyway I hope it results in a good attendance.
Joemcc
Pub League

Postby Accies999 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:24 pm

Joemcc wrote:I agree that a Saturday is preferable to midweek but just thought the Saturday chosen was poor.

The 7th of March is currently a free Saturday as well so that would have been a better choice in my opinion.

Anyway I hope it results in a good attendance.

Saturday would be most peoples preference but I know what your about a cold day in February as opposed to March or April when the temperatures should be better.
Accies999
Seaside Leagues

Return to The Accies