Irn Bru Cup- Under 21's Result

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Irnbru Cup

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:21 pm

Good win tonight for our youngsters against Clyde. Essentially the under 20’s with the addition of the Norwich loanees. Garcia and Stanger at the back. Goodwillie on the bench for Clyde although he came on after we scored our second. Even stevens at half time but we motored ahead in the second. I think Bloomfield can do a job for us in the first team if he gets a run. And the big news was Accies media was doing the announcing. What a difference. Surely we can’t revert to our comic turn for the next home game. :roll:
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Irn Bru Cup- Under 21's Result

Postby porcupine » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:23 pm

An eventual comfortable win of 4-1 with two goals from Mason Bloomfield. Big lad, lots of good touches and head-on's but maybe not yet ready for 1st team. Both Adam Phillips and Garcia Carasco looked confortable in defence. Lots of pace from Cunningham and Hughes up front.

Accies still in a Cup Competition :D :D
porcupine
Premiership

Re: Irn Bru Cup- Under 21's Result

Postby porcupine » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:25 pm

Whoops. TT and I typing at the same time. Admin to combine?

Funny how opinions are often different!!
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:36 pm

I don’t think our opinions are that far out. I commented on Bloomfield because I thought he took his goals well but agree he is still a bit raw but I’d like to see him on the bench and given some first team time even if it’s subbing Bingham. I’ve no idea how strong a Clyde team that was but I think 6 spfl under 21’s teams got knocked out tonight so we did well. I noticed Smith in the stand so he is still with us.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:48 pm

Crowd reported as 297. Not surprising but it was well worth the fiver :)
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:53 pm

Really impressed by the kids from what I watched-especially the longer the game went when Clyde played a full strength side.

Some great passing football against a side remember who have played BetFred Cup and League games unlike our lads,who have played a few friendlies.

Young,tiny Leon McCann continues to impress as does Lewis Smith and Ronan Hughes while the young lad from Brighton showed good attacking intent second half.However,stand out for me once again was young Stanger who hardly gave Goodwillie a sniff and looks good enough already for the first team.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:36 pm

Was Jim MacKay playing YOH?
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:27 am

Think he was a Sub for Clyde but the new fangled Tunnel confused him.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:47 am

Not half as much as his shinguards marked L and R.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:30 am

TerracingTomas wrote:I don’t think our opinions are that far out. I commented on Bloomfield because I thought he took his goals well but agree he is still a bit raw but I’d like to see him on the bench and given some first team time even if it’s subbing Bingham. I’ve no idea how strong a Clyde team that was but I think 6 spfl under 21’s teams got knocked out tonight so we did well. I noticed Smith in the stand so he is still with us.

I think I'm right in saying that Clyde had seven regular starters on the bench.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:28 pm

Clyde had near enough a full team after they made their three subs and if you look at their line ups this season all bar 4 have played in the majority of their games including The Betfred Cup.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:38 pm

Yup, this was as full a strength team as our younger players were likely to meet. albeit they may well face a Championship side in the next round. That will show their ability to compete against even stronger teams that possibly have just been relegated from the Premiership.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:06 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:Clyde had near enough a full team after they made their three subs and if you look at their line ups this season all bar 4 have played in the majority of their games including The Betfred Cup.

It was Clyde reserves that lined up, only three of that side started in their 3-0 win at Stirling at the weekend - Stewart, Grant and McStay. It's a good sign though that we did so well against their stronger side in the last thirty odd minutes and added two further goals.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:07 pm

Wasn't Clyde reserves if you look at their line ups this season as opposed to one game just past.Seven of them played verses Motherwell so a wee bit of praise due for our kids ffs.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:53 pm

Well said YOH
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:30 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:Wasn't Clyde reserves if you look at their line ups this season as opposed to one game just past.Seven of them played verses Motherwell so a wee bit of praise due for our kids ffs.

Eh? I did praise them for doing well against the stronger side. I think the previous match, which they won easily, is more relevant than the Betfred group stages which many clubs, especially the lower division ones with little hope of going through, treat as pre-season.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:48 pm

Got St Mirren’s colts in the next round. Would have thought a good chance of progressing further ⚽️
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Return to The Accies