Motherwell .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Motherwell .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby smc4761 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:47 pm

I respect those that go and support the team through good and bad times, true fans. However forking out £25 or thereabouts to go and watch, "ugly football", not something I will waste my cash on, I have better things to spend it on.

I expect that many of Accies games this season are going to be similar. Many of the worst games last season in SPFL did feature Accies including the one against Celtic, which Brendan Rogers said was one of the worst games he had ever seen
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:39 am

Given the choice of root canal treatment or THAT Accies v Celtic game I'd be on the phone to my dentist for an appointment.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Willie Wastle » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:54 am

Watched the highlights. Shocking assault by Connor Salmon on Ziggy, and amazing he didn't get red.

As for the goal, well... sweet strike by Boyd. I recall he scored a cracking goal early last season, and we anticipated more, but he couldn't get in the team and ended up out on loan. Hopefully he's progressed and we see more of that this season.

Dramatic stuff from Canning making the double sub before the free kick was taken. Looks like we have genuine competition for the second striker role. Surprised Bingham is getting the nod over Bloomfield, but could be Canning is giving him a last chance. Once Oggy is fit, surely he'll lead the line, with one or two of Miller/Bingham/Boyd/Cunningham just behind.

Shame Cunningham didn't get the goal at the end - it would have boosted his confidence, in the same way Boyd's undoubtedly has been.

And good to see Woods make a couple of decent saves. A clean sheet. An unexpected win. 3 points on the board when 4 other teams have yet to accomplish that. Our new team starting to come together. Very early days, but we should all be happy with that.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:37 am

So the first 20 minutes v Hearts and the last 20 minutes on Saturday leave room for hope this year. I actually missed the game due to an all weekend football tournament my son was playing in (same tournament made us miss the win over Dundee at the start of last season).
Had open all mics on my phone and as the ball innocuously rolled out for a throw in during my son's game I sank to my knees, punching the air, as Derek Ferguson was screaming in my ear about our goal. A couple of people came up to ask if I was OK but my son knew exactly what had happened and scored himself soon after.
Gutted there's no game this weekend however looking forward to Celtic Park now.
More than 2 points from the first 3 games was always going to be a good return in my opinion and the Celtic game is a bit of a free hit now.
Can't see Aaron Smith getting near the first team now but would really like to see Lewis Smith in the squad.
Agree that if Cunningham had converted the chance near the end that would have given his confidence a great boost.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:55 am

Watched the highlights. Shocking assault by Connor Salmon on Ziggy, and amazing he didn't get red.

That was my immediate reaction and it wouldnt have mattered if Salmon was playing any other team. He deliberately went in leading with the elbow intent on impacting. Straight red IMO

Can't see Aaron Smith getting near the first team now

I’m assuming we will never see him and Jenkins again both to be released in due course. Pity about Smith as I think there was a talent there. A precocious one though ;)
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:32 pm

Sammon committed another 3-4 offences after that challenge on Ziggy and it was a mystery to all of us at the game why he never received a red.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:23 pm

Sammon is a Dick
FTW
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby smc4761 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:28 pm

I am one who is an armchair fan, I will listen on radio and watch highlights and I am also a big critic of Canning and I do want him out.

However fair play to the team yesterday think we were outplayed for large parts of match till we scored and could have had a couple more. Maybe we rode our luck a bit but then again how often do we get the wee rub of the green

Probably an unexpected 3 points as Well have beaten us a good few times over last year or so

Sammons assault on Ziggy was shocking but cos it is not old firm there will be very little coverage

To have any hope of staying up we need to win I would imagine about 9/10 games. So 1 down......
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:59 pm

Well said.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives