Re: Motherwell .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby Bomber Harris » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:50 am

3-1 Motherwell. Canning to talk a whole load of crap after the game
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:15 am

There might be a pleasant surprise on Saturday as the derby games often didn't go as expected and they are also playing crap. Last game of last season was as low as it gets however.
I remember Lewis Smith appeared on the bench for that game. I saw him at Clyde in the friendly and thought he would be a great addition to the first team in Imrie's position but where is he now?
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:16 pm

There might be a pleasant surprise on Saturday as the derby games often didn't go as expected and they are also playing crap.

We can always live in hope Bluesy. Like you I could of seen Accies far enough after the last derby but hopefully we will see a few changes from last saurday. No Lyons or Imrie please. Imrie to be on the bench and come on for the last 30 minutes. Mcgowan at right back and the new defender if his registration is through. Stick with Miller and Bingham up front. Play kelly in the right position.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:25 pm

Bluesy wrote:I remember Lewis Smith appeared on the bench for that game. I saw him at Clyde in the friendly and thought he would be a great addition to the first team in Imrie's position but where is he now?

Found out that Lewis Smith is on the way back from injury. We really need to get him into the first team, don't wait - get him in, he really looks the part and it reflects well on our academy which needs players like him to get the nod in order to keep the success of our youth set up going!
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:18 pm

Defo get him in.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:50 pm

He is an Accies fan to boot from an Accies supporting family which helps.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:13 pm

Saturday's admission for our away game:

Adults £24
Over 60s, Students with current matric card, and 16-18 year olds £17
under 15s £3
Family – 1 Adult and 2 under 15s £28

In the upper tier once again :roll:

In a change as of 5:30 Wednesday we are now BOTTOM TIER
Last edited by AcciesFCSLO on Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Email: sean@acciesfc.co.uk
Twitter: @AcciesFCSLO
Phone: 01698 368650
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Postby Bluesy » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:09 pm

Lewis Smith scored again in the under 20s win over Ayr. Bloomfield also scored twice (3-2 win).
Hopefully Smith at least makes the bench on Saturday.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:04 pm

Upper tier. No thanks from me.

Last day of last season up there was awful so no £24 from me and more should follow suit.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:00 pm

Big Wurzil wrote:Upper tier. No thanks from me.

Last day of last season up there was awful so no £24 from me and more should follow suit.

Info now been issued we are bottom tier
Email: sean@acciesfc.co.uk
Twitter: @AcciesFCSLO
Phone: 01698 368650
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Postby Swift Frank » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:04 pm

FTW
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:38 pm

I couldn't be there, so looking forward to hearing reports and seeing highlights. Match stats suggest we were up aginst it, but I know they can be misleading. Stand-out fact is Canning's subs made the difference, Boyd scoring the winner and Cunningham nearly adding a second in stoppage time. Great to see the lads getting game time and making an impact - hopefully Hughes and Lewis Smith to come into the picture too.

However it played out, a win at Motherwell is always welcome. And Accies getting points on the board early in the season, confounding our critics again.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:04 pm

Happy days are here again
The skies above are ‘red' again :D

Motherwell had 80%+ of the play. I think we had one shot on target in the first half from Bingham and not much better in the second. We did however look a wee bit more comfortable at the back. Even Penny seemed more assured although he still had the odd mishap. Midfiled created little but Bingham and Miller again showed promise as partnership. A good bit of interplay from them led to the free kick and subsequent goal. Then he hooks Miller before the freekick is taken and I think wtf but a master stroke double substitution pays off. Cunningham’s free kick wasn't the best but the rebound fell to Boyd who hit a peach. Then shortly afterwards we break away and Cunningham has an open goal but misses. But heh 3 points and Dundee lost :P
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:36 pm

FTW
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby BeeMcphee » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:37 pm

Anti football for 70 minutes, it was rough to watch to be honest. The midfield was non existent mostly, a lot of 2nd touches were tackles. Kelly was posted missing and didnt look up to it today. Taiwo apart from his cracking pass to Cunningham was mediocre at best.Miller and Bingham worked tirelessly with no or wayward supply. The defense looked pretty good today and I thought Mcmann and McGowan were excellent in defence. The back 3 coped well with the Motherwell tactic of the long ball. I'm pretty sure every fan was disgusted at Miller going off, me included, but hey ho it worked and a sweeter strike we more than likely wont see the rest of the season from Boyd. We should of doubled the lead and looked the better team in the last 20 minutes. I the end the only thing that matters is the 3 points, winning ugly is still winning at the end of the day. Also thought big Tshiembe looks like he will be a good addition to the team.
BeeMcphee
Pub League

Postby Tumbleweed.. » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:46 pm

Well.....how did we win that?? Not a great performance but what a result.

A bit better defensively I thought - Penny had a couple of daft moments but looked a bit better and the new fella Tshiembe seemed big, brave and strong near the end. Ziggy did well to stand up (literally) to Sammon who showed no skill whatsoever and an overly physical approach which should have seen him off the park. That said, he was hopeless so I was glad he stayed on :D

As for the double substitution, it looked to be a shocker. Miller and Bingham had just linked up very well for about the first time and before the freekick Miller was hooked leaving Bingham on. Baffling. Then one sub hits the wall and the other volleys an absolute cracker from the rebound, so fair play to Canning on this occasion and as a wise man once said, its better to be lucky than good.

Wonder if we can do the same away to Celtic ?
On the outskirts of nowhere, on the ring road to somewhere, on the verge of indecision, I'll always take the roundabout way.
Tumbleweed..
Seaside Leagues

Postby TallyhoAndyboy » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:59 am

How did Taiwo and Kelly look? Innovative playing a right back at right back!
TallyhoAndyboy
Pub League

Postby Swift Frank » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:21 am

FTW
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:34 pm

Game panned out as I expected with Accies defending then going for the win last 25 minutes.

Penney had a few shaky moments but won a lot of his battles;his passing needs to improve though.Guy in The Vaults post match was saying the big Danish signing hasn't played in six months,so it will take him a while to get match fit.

Only disappointment for me was the amount of "no shows" in the Accies end.Tis a derby match,we all need to make the effort-Canning or not.Those who travelled cheered the team to victory after the goal.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Next

Return to Match Day Archives