Stadium of Hope

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Stadium of Hope

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:43 pm

Was browsing the reserve fixtures and saw that we are playing Airdire in the irn bru Cup at the Stadium of Hope.

Tue 14/8/18 – Irn Bru Cup R1 – CLYDE (1st team) (7.45pm at Stadium of Hope / NDP)

At first I thought we had moved the fixture to a neutral ground for a minute but then realised this appears to be the new name for New Douglas Park. Those of you paying attention will have noticed that HopeCBD have taken over the Community trust office at NDP which was the old shop. Hope CBD sell cannabis based products. (Perfectly legal). Who owns Hope CBD. Well its a subsidiary of Clean and Green Solutions (SC513508). and yep you have guessed it Director Colin McGowan.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Stadium of Hope

Postby Stevie Clarke » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:32 pm

:lol: And when we get gubbed at home by Celtic, those wacky funsters the Burnbank Loyal will christen it The Stadium of Pope.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:01 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote::lol: And when we get gubbed at home by Celtic, those wacky funsters the Burnbank Loyal will christen it The Stadium of Pope.

They will be singing " oh no Hope of Rome,no Accies to sadden my eyes".A play on words of the Accies Aggro 70's song.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby chickencrisps » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:04 pm

If Hope sell cannabis-based products, will it become known as the Stadium of Dope.
chickencrisps
Pub League

Postby Swift Frank » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:50 pm

What a fkn embarrassing little Club we are.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby porcupine » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:16 pm

Normally re-naming of any stadium comes with a hefty income boost for the Club concerned. From Terracing Thomas's post am I the only one who thinks there may have been no other Sponsorship offers for Accies leading to one of the directors taking up the opportunity for a song ?(possibly learned many years ago at the Band of Hope?)

It's Accies! Doesn't "Hope Always Spring Eternal" supporting the team?? :roll: :roll:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:29 pm

John Brown who was made a director after the banking scam was specifically brought in to generate money from outside to offset the loss. He doesn’t seem to have been very successful given the shirt deal has involved a director and stadium naming rights another director. Not new money so to speak . And like u Porcupine I would be surprised if Hope have paid anything substantial for naming rights if at all. The only new deal appears to be the Scottish whiskey auction awY stand?
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Euan » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:32 pm

chickencrisps wrote:If Hope sell cannabis-based products, will it become known as the Stadium of Dope.

That’s what I was thinking!

Better than being the Methadome
Euan
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:11 am

That's a CRACKer.Accies aren't known for their SPEED in getting sponsorship deals done and seem to have made a right HASH of this one.
Would be even harder to attract investment if we COME DOWN to the Championship.
We could maybe do with a female HEROINE ceo like Ann Budge at Hearts to bring inward investment?
Or am I just being a proper CHARLIE?
Answers on a postcard.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby southoftheborder » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:20 am

More like "Abandon Hope all ye who enter here"
southoftheborder
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:23 pm

STV have got the story.

An SPFL club has struck a controversial stadium-naming deal with a cannabis oil firm.

Hamilton Academical FC's New Douglas Park will be known as the Hope CBD Stadium starting this season.

It comes months after the club lost nearly £1m in a bank scam and the collapse of its current stadium sponsor, SuperSeal.

The new sponsorship deal will net Accies a five-figure payment per season, as well as a percentage share of the profits from the sale of cannabis-based products.

However, critics have said the move will send out the wrong signal about cannabis in general.

If I remember when the shop was franchised out it brought in 10k to the club. Probably about the same for this deal. Judging by some of the responses this has the potential to be a pr disaster. I had thought that mcgowans influence at the club had been reined in but clearly not.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:29 pm

Might not happen as the SPFL are gonna investigate this.
And quite rightly so.
I hear the Club Shop is trading only in cash and bitcoin also this season.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:57 pm

Apparently one of The Directors of Superseal and a close friend of our ex Chairman from amateur football days is the Owner of this firm.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Tumbleweed.. » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:17 pm

The commercial tie in with this company and calling NDP the Stadium of Hope is an absolute joke and hardly sends out the right message from our football club. This sponsorship closely and indefensibly links Accies with cannabis and while there is a distinction between legal and illegal cannabis derivatives, this is such an emotive and debatable subject that it seems madness to encourage such potentially negative associations.

While I appreciate opinions may vary, as an individual I find it embarrassing and McGowans position on STV News online was frankly nonsensical - there will be criticism because it is so obviously a decision which deserves to be criticised !!

Finally, as a cynic, I wonder if the shiny new media activities were meant to ingratiate the club with the support knowing that this was in the pipeline and are an attempt to deflect some of the negative reaction they expect to receive from within our own fanbase. I cannot imagine any sort of positive reaction from inside or outside Scottish football and instead expect ongoing negativity, so for me this is a complete backward step for the reputation of our club, which isn't particularly stellar as it is.

Bollocks. :evil:
On the outskirts of nowhere, on the ring road to somewhere, on the verge of indecision, I'll always take the roundabout way.
Tumbleweed..
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:26 pm

Apparently one of The Directors of Superseal and a close friend of our ex Chairman from amateur football days is the Owner of this firm.

Cant find anything to support this YOH. As stated on HOPE CBD’s website:-

HopeCBD is a Clean & Green Solutions Ltd company registered in Scotland under company registration number SC513508 and whose address is New Douglas Park, Cadzow Avenue, Hamilton, Scotland ML3 0FT

Clean and Green Solutions has 2 directors James Thompson and McGowan. Superseal had 2 directors Christine and Kenneth Webster and I cant find anything to link them to Clean and green. There is a franchise over at the Forge selling Hope’s products run bya company called MoreLiving ltd and its owned by someone called Lewis Orme.

Whatever its a pile of poo. As for the SFA investigating they accept money from drinks companies and betting companies so whats the problem with perfecly legal cannabis based products :oops: :oops: :oops:

Oh and I love this bit from the website
All products advertised herein by Hope CBD are in no way advertised for sale as medicinal products and should be treated as a food supplement to be taken as part of a varied & healthy lifestyle.
Sounds like Herballife or whatever that was called.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Tumbleweed.. » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:33 pm

A further embarrassment is the club statement announcing this deal - when you have to explain the chemical process behind the removal of the psychoactive elements to make cannabis 'all right' and a pure dead good thing to buy, surely the argument is already lost.

There is hardly medical consensus about the benefits of products like those sold by this company and so the last line has all the wackiness of a late night advert for some crap product that everyone knows is crap apart from the hard of thinking and conspiracy theorists.

It hurts my Accies-loving heart to read this nonsense and sadly it is concomitant with allowing certain individuals apparently uncontrolled power within the club - we laughed at Rangers when they said stupid things in press statements and now find ourselves having to read even stupider things coming out of New Douglas Park !!
On the outskirts of nowhere, on the ring road to somewhere, on the verge of indecision, I'll always take the roundabout way.
Tumbleweed..
Seaside Leagues

Postby Swift Frank » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:38 pm

We didn't need all the hassle that comes with this.
Plain and simple.
MacGowan OUT !
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby porcupine » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:21 pm

"The new sponsorship deal will net Accies a five-figure payment per season, as well as a percentage share of the profits from the sale of cannabis-based products"

Wouldn't be a surprise to me if it was only £100.01 per season for the naming rights!! That's still a five figure sum :lol: :lol:

What an adjectival Public Relations Exercise! After the embarrassment of the £750K scam, we really needed this like a hole in the head.

Be well prepared for all the negative comments and laughter from other team's supporters. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:40 pm

Most Accies fans are thick skinned as Nellie the Elephant now anyway after all the crap we've endured from the Junkie Saviour MacGowan and his cohorts.
It's a FOOTBALL Club not a Social Misfit and Addiction Clinic.
GTF MacGowan.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Bluesy » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:18 am

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:
Stevie Clarke wrote::lol: And when we get gubbed at home by Celtic, those wacky funsters the Burnbank Loyal will christen it The Stadium of Pope.

They will be singing " oh no Hope of Rome,no Accies to sadden my eyes".A play on words of the Accies Aggro 70's song.

"No no celts at all
No Rangers to sadden my eyes
No Airdrie no Well
They can all go to hell
And we'll keep the red flag flying high...

...oh flying high up in the sky
We'll keep the red flag flying high
Wherever we go
We'll fear no foe
For we're the Accies aggero"

That one?
Bluesy
Premiership

Next

Return to The Accies