Accies.V. Livingston - Match Thread

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Accies.V. Livingston - Match Thread

Postby Tumbleweed.. » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:56 pm

Groundhog Day/Week/Month/Year !!

Starting Imrie and Bingham is 2 men short from the off, what Canning sees in either of them is beyond me. Dougie is well past it and Bingham, apart from a nice dummy right at the start, did nothing else all game. Nothing. We know what he is all about, he has not improved in any way since his arrival and quite clearly is not someone we can rely on for goals. He doesn't even annoy the opposition - when Hamilton came on for them he battered Ziggy a couple of times and made his presence felt - so defenders must be delighted when Bingham is playing, its so easy.

Despite these two, I thought we knocked the ball about well in the first half and it was so much better than Annan, with Kelly looking positive and at least trying to progress play, but in the second half we returned to the rubbish of so many Saturdays and witnessed a Canning masterclass in negativity - we've obviously practised passing backwards and sideways but haven't really mastered that passing forward bit yet. And don't get me started on not leaving a man up when defending corners, Tommy Wright mentioned on the radio last season how easy it was to press us at and after corners but we still do it unfailingly, time after time after time...……

As for MacKinnons penalty, as captain he has to set a good example, instead he was embarassing. That summed up what Accies think of this competition and, by extension, the mugs who made the effort to go - what a joke.
On the outskirts of nowhere, on the ring road to somewhere, on the verge of indecision, I'll always take the roundabout way.
Tumbleweed..
Seaside Leagues

Postby Swift Frank » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:44 am

Great post.
Despite Canning's record in keeping us up over the years,not even his most ardent supporter can deny his tactics/game plan/ formations stink.
He stated recently that only now can he put his stamp on the team.
That everything that has gone before he inherited and that he is now able to shape the team the way he wants to set up and play.
Seems to me you are a few million light years away Martin.
Good Luck!
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Big Wurzil » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:06 am

Another horrific performance from start to finish. 180 minutes and no goals and lucky if in the 2 games the opposition keepers have made 5 saves betweeen them.

Let’s go through the team.

Woods-kicking floaty passes to the full backs are always going to get cut out, the number of challenges livi players made to cut it out was unreal. When they shut it off completely he went long and almost always gifted possession back as we don’t have the players who can hold a ball up.

McGowan- looks solid enough defending but only recall 1/2 crosses from good positions into the box.
McMann - same as McGowan, solid enough and when he finally went past the full back for the first and only time in the 2nd half he won a corner to ironic cheers from the crowd.
Penny/Gordon - not the greatest centre back pairing, collectively they struggled against lee miller in the air and their distribution was poor.

Defensively very poor and the same at Annan, the number of times we let them pass then ball around 30 yards out with no pressure is a concern, better teams will kill us.

Taiwo/McKinnon as a pairing - apart from the occasional drive forward from McKinnon these 2 offered very little creativity going forward and took the safe pass backwards almost every time.
Kelly- probably the only one who looked forward everytime he got the ball, couple of stray passes but at least he’s trying to stretch the opposition by turning them, hopefully he’ll get better with fitness.
Miller- same as Annan, had a wee 10/15 minute spell of being on the ball and looking tricky but just completely disappeared the rest of the game.

Imrie-offered nothing
Bingham- offered nothing, can’t hold it up and when he does find the pass to bring someone else into play.

Already a few of the new players are looking like why they are ‘free’ players.

As for canning, bringing on only your 2nd sub in Darren Lyon with 6 minutes to go beggars belief. The game was crying out for an injection of fresh legs and also gives other guys match fitness.

I didn’t think it could get worse after those last 9 games of the season but I was wrong. You just realise how much templeton was worth last season with his ability to turn a defender and go past him, sadly we have nowhere near that type of player available and it’s showing. The lack of chances created is a massive concern with only 2 games in. Too many players take the safe back pass instead of looking forward.

It’s not looking good and I’m usually an optimist
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Stodmeister » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:36 pm

Bingham is just not good enough and how the manager can't see that it's beyond me. For a big guy he has no "presence" he can't hold the ball up and all he offers is pace but since he can't control the ball that's not much use. He has no dig.

I couldn't believe it when we gave him a 2 year deal last season , there's got to be better than him around.
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:23 pm

Accies say the crowd last night was 1,012. Does this seem likely given that two seasons ago we played Livi in the final match of the section, it was a winner takes all match, unlike last night, and the crowd was 764?
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:20 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:Accies say the crowd last night was 1,012. Does this seem likely given that two seasons ago we played Livi in the final match of the section, it was a winner takes all match, unlike last night, and the crowd was 764?

I thought the crowd looked surprisingly big last night, and yes, I'd say about 1,000 is "likely".
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:51 am

This lot of rank new signings,coupled with Clueless Canning at the helm won't be long chasing away the few fans that are left.
Dire!
Would be better with the under 20s.
At least they know how to score.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Previous

Return to The Accies