Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Annan .V. Accies - Match Thread

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:36 pm

Betfred League Cup Starts 14/07 3PM Kick Off

Admission - PATG

Adults £12
Students, Over 65s & Youths £6

https://www.hamiltonacciesfc.co.uk/admi ... for-annan/

The beginning of the competitive stuff good luck to all players, management and fans who will travel far and wide this season lets hope its as successful as possible
Email: sean@acciesfc.co.uk
Twitter: @AcciesFCSLO
Phone: 01698 368650
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Re: Annan .V. Accies - Match Thread

Postby Swift Frank » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:10 pm

Bring back the Euro Pish!
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:13 pm

Looking forward to some considered analysis of how we played today.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:36 pm

So do I.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:35 pm

Looking forward to some considered analysis of how we played today.

Just back so drowning my sorrows in a nice chilled white. I’ll wait until tomorrow before posting my ‘considered', thoughts :(
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:32 pm

Might as well be the first. Canning Out now :o
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Tumbleweed.. » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:52 pm

Poorer than poor. Can't really think of any positives other than the weather was nice !!
Either our attitude was absolutely stinking or Annan have better players than us - I'm hoping it was the former or its going to be a long old season. Hopefully someone can point out good things I may have missed, but I thought it was awful.

Canning is due credit for somehow surviving last season, but deserves a boot in the haw maws for embarrassing us against Annan for a second time. I couldn't care less about losing to Clyde or beating Stenhousemuir, but this was an actual competitive game and if we weren't ready its an indictment on the manager and staff. I appreciate the league is the priority, but that was rubbish. :oops: :oops:
On the outskirts of nowhere, on the ring road to somewhere, on the verge of indecision, I'll always take the roundabout way.
Tumbleweed..
Seaside Leagues

Postby Red and white hoops » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:15 pm

Well that’s most of the pre season enthusiasm gone then.

Such a poor performance. I don’t care if players need time to bed in or that it’s the first competitive game. We are a premier league side playing a part time team in league 2. We should be able to play a fringe side and win comfortably but today we never looked like winning the game.

At least one striker and creative midfielder required ASAP.

Although he never played well at all in my opinion a bit of credit must go to Ziggy for being the only player to come over and give an apology at the end, the rest couldn’t get away quick enough and I include Canning in that.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Swift Frank » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:32 pm

smc4761 wrote:Might as well be the first. Canning Out now :o

Been there done that.
There was no chance of it happening after the first Annan embarrassment.
And there's no chance of it happening now.
Canning is 'in with the bricks' at Accies as we all know so any Canning Out chants are just a waste of energy.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Big Wurzil » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:04 am

Terrible yesterday, absolutely terrible. Nearly 15 minutes before their keeper touched the ball from anything of note.

1st half, a deflected weak shot from Bingham onto the post was all we offered along with a speculative 30 yard effort too.

2nd half, not much better, couldn’t see but a header from a corner that their keeper either saved or hit the bar and that was about it.

The only corner they got they scored from it and that was with about 4 players defending the near post and they quite easily could’ve made it 2 as they had another 2 great chances to finish the game. Meanwhile up the other end...........

As for the new guys too early to judge but if Taiwo can’t dominate a game in terms of dictating play against league 2 Annan then we’ll toil. Penny at the back looks solid as does McGowan. Think the big guy Bloomfield had only one effort on goal and that was a header in the 2nd half that went wide.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:35 am

When I saw the starting eleven I was looking forward to perhaps a 2 goal win as apart from Imrie that was the starting 11 against Stenhousemuir but oh so disapointed with the result. Make no bones about it this was not an outstanding Annan team and were there for the taking. Defensively although we lost a goal from a set piece corner, both Mcgowan and Penny look sound and I’m happy enough with Ziggy and McCann. Thought Mccann was looking more like his pre injury self. Going forward into the season I’m less concerned about the defence. Room for improvement but looks as though they are capable of growing together. In midfield I am not as critical of Taiwo as others. Plenty of energy and he is good at breaking up attacks but alongside Imrie and mcKinnon none of them have that creative spark. I’m sorry Imrie is done impact sub at best IMO. Smith does have a bit of flair but wasnt given enough time yesterday. We lost the goal in 60 minutes. Why wait 10 to bring Smith on and another 10 before a second substitution Cunningham. Mind you the bench essentially consisted of Sowah and a bunch of development players. Upfront I still have hopes for Miller, and Bloomfield. Bingham is just so inconsistent (I’m being kind there) Having said that we could have played all day and not scored. We need a templeton and we dont have one. We still havent seen any sign of kelly in midfield. i see he has a sqaud number but if he has an injury tell us. As far Daz as captain i remain to be convinced. It was ziggy who was shouting at the players after the goal went in trying to motivate. If we lose on tuesday then the drama becomes a crisis. So we need creativity and goalscorer. Can't see us getting real quality in either of those positions now.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:04 am

Development players? Some clubs bring these players through, like Hearts last season. We used to do it but instead of giving Lewis Smith or Ross Cunningham a start we are helping English clubs develop their players. How does this sit with the club ethos? Our U17s won their league, unbeaten all season, why not start at least one of them? Could it have been any worse? Why is Marc Kelly still here if he is never to get a sniff at even the bench? Taylor Wilson is meant to be highly rated, play him.

By the way, it's Scott McMann, not McCann.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:07 pm

I wasn't at Annan, so I can't comment on the game, but people are so quick with the recriminations! Of course it's a disappointing result, and of course we shouldn't be losing to a team like Annan. I understand everyone feels crap about it - I know I do. But let's get some perspective.

Freak results happen, and maybe that's what that was. I'm reading that we hit the woodwork twice, Cunningham had a penalty claim turned down, and Annan scored with practically their only chance. I've no idea what the performance was like, but I gather from various comments it wasn't good. Still early days, and seems like our new-look team will take longer to gel than we'd all prefer.

We only have two loan players, and only one of them played yesterday. Sounds like the game passed Bloomfield by, but he's a unit - not just a lead-the-line, hold-the-ball-up striker, but a big, old-fashioned, goal-scoring centre forward. He got off the mark in the Stenny friendly, and I'm hopeful he's going to be our best striker for a while. Pointless to judge him after one competitive game.

I think MacKinnon is a good choice of captain. His appointment is part of the process of him maturing. A young nutter, he seems to have settled down a lot, but his passion, his winning mentality, remains unmistakeable.

I'd like to see Cunningham start soon, and I think he will. Looks like we'll play both the young players we've acquired from English clubs, and some we've developed ourselves - and why not?
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:22 pm

We have three loan players, you may be forgetting the most recent one, Phillips from Norwich.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:30 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:We have three loan players, you may be forgetting the most recent one, Phillips from Norwich.

We have 2. Bloomfield and Phillips.
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby Swift Frank » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:15 pm

What does it matter?
We are crap!
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:26 pm

Apologies Willie, I thought Aaron Smith was also on loan from Forest.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:44 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:Apologies Willie, I thought Aaron Smith was also on loan from Forest.

No need to apologise. We're all still trying to make sense of the comings and goings, and analyse our potential.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:46 pm

Pretty rough early assessment is that we are pants.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Bomber Harris » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:43 am

Couple of good individual performances on Saturday from McGowan, penny, Ziggy & Miller but wtf does Canning see in McMann??? Bingham??? Imrie??? What's the point in signing the likes of Sowah & co when they are sat on the bench and these footballing imposters get a game. Miby being harsh on Dougie but c'mon he was finished at this level last season yet is still picked, McMann ffs lost count of the amount of times he ran the ball out of play then Bingham he is just simply not good enough and Bloomfield? Bit early to judge but if Saturday is to go by hes just another Rakish Bingam. No point in even going on about Canning as nothing will change and the horrible hoofball tactic will continue.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Next

Return to The Accies