Clyde Away 07/07/18 - 12.15pm

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Clyde Away 07/07/18 - 12.15pm

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:36 pm

Tickets now on sale first come first served basis via Clyde's website - Link Below:

Priced £10

https://clydefc.yapsody.com/event/index ... academical
Email: sean@acciesfc.co.uk
Twitter: @AcciesFCSLO
Phone: 01698 368650
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Re: Clyde Away 07/07/18 - 12.15pm

Postby Willie Wastle » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:47 pm

Tickets bought.

I saw the limit was 300 - that's for all fans, home and away, so I reckon they'll go fast.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:49 pm

Willie Wastle wrote:Tickets bought.

I saw the limit was 300 - that's for all fans, home and away, so I reckon they'll go fast.

Apologies should have included this info.

Match is restricted to 300 fans due to Cumbernauld Colts playing Queens Park after our match it is also a replacement match for Clyde who were due to play Stranraer only to draw them in the League Cup I believe.
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Postby Willie Wastle » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:51 pm

Maybe not that many will want to go - I believe it clashes with the popular Oban trip?
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:52 pm

It does indeed Oban Tournament on the same day, Another great day ahead hoping the weather is good again this year.
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Postby Willie Wastle » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:56 pm

Clyde's handy for us - handier than Hamilton - so it's a no-brainer to take in a friendly there.

Besides, I have happy memories of Broadwood: 2-0 win in the first full match played there, 3-1 thanks to Paddy Keogh in 2005, and that 3-2 fightback game 10 years ago in our title-winning season.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:11 am

So Clyde in the fourth tier of Scottish football are selling ‘one off’ tickets for a pre season friendly online but we are still cash only for season tickets and strips in our shop?!

We live in an age where you can get into a taxi and pay by card no problem it shouldn’t be a problem for a top flight club.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:18 pm

Wasn’t going to bother with this game but all the recruitment activity plus our hugely improved media got me excited so ticket bought and printed off.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:54 pm

Amazed to read on social media that there are still tickets left!

I know it's only a friendly, but it's the first chance to see at least one or two of our new signings in action, and I'm really looking forward to it.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Euan » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:45 am

Willie Wastle wrote:Amazed to read on social media that there are still tickets left!

I know it's only a friendly, but it's the first chance to see at least one or two of our new signings in action, and I'm really looking forward to it.

...and I’m looking forward to your detailed post match post as I’ll not be available for the match.
Euan
Premiership

Postby NB.hafc » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:02 pm

Is there a bus running to the game?
NB.hafc
Pub League

Postby AdamCobb » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:39 pm

Accies TV will be bringing a pre match interview with fans and a post match interview with the manager and a player for you all! Will post details of this asap!
AdamCobb
Pub League

Postby NB.hafc » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:43 pm

Well that was incredibly disappointing
NB.hafc
Pub League

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:01 pm

NB.hafc wrote:Well that was incredibly disappointing

You sound like my ten year old! :D

Interesting trial. The second half team looked better, but I'm sure our first choice XI will be a hybrid of both. Of our new signings, I was impressed by AJ, Ziggy, Penny and Bloomfield. Young Cunningham also caught the eye. Too soon to say about anyone else, but encouraging signs we'll field a strong team when the competitive games start.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:06 pm

Effectively we played 2 teams making 9(?) changes at half time. Thought Aaaron Smith ex Forrest looked lively in the first half and I was also impressed by the the young lad from Stirling Albion Stanger who I think got 90 minutes. But he should be comfortable playing Clyde at Broadwood. Like to see what he can do against SPFL opposition. A back four of Sowah, Ziggy, Stanger and McGowan in the first half looked disjointed but then its their first time playing real time together and up against Goodwillie as you may have noticed. Second half Penny, taiwo and Bloomfiled came on as well as mccann and a few others. I'd lost track by then but we did create a few chances one off the bar and another a great reflex save from their keeper. Sowah looked better than I remember. The important bit is martin figuring out our best starting 11 ASAP. Correct me if I’m wrong but dont think Garcia or Kelly played? Didnt help that we appeared to be playing in a training kit with no numbers on our shirts!
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:58 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:Effectively we played 2 teams making 9(?) changes at half time. Thought Aaaron Smith ex Forrest looked lively in the first half and I was also impressed by the the young lad from Stirling Albion Stanger who I think got 90 minutes. But he should be comfortable playing Clyde at Broadwood. Like to see what he can do against SPFL opposition. A back four of Sowah, Ziggy, Stanger and McGowan in the first half looked disjointed but then its their first time playing real time together and up against Goodwillie as you may have noticed. Second half Penny, taiwo and Bloomfiled came on as well as mccann and a few others. I'd lost track by then but we did create a few chances one off the bar and another a great reflex save from their keeper. Sowah looked better than I remember. The important bit is martin figuring out our best starting 11 ASAP. Correct me if I’m wrong but dont think Garcia or Kelly played? Didnt help that we appeared to be playing in a training kit with no numbers on our shirts!

Garcia, Kelly... and no Miller either. Breen in Oban. Plus Want, Gogic & Oggy all still injured, I think.

The kit and numbers annoyed my son too, and are maybe an indicator of how seriously we weren't taking it? But we don't have long to get ready - the season is imminent.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:05 am

TerracingTomas wrote:Effectively we played 2 teams making 9(?) changes at half time. Thought Aaaron Smith ex Forrest looked lively in the first half and I was also impressed by the the young lad from Stirling Albion Stanger who I think got 90 minutes. But he should be comfortable playing Clyde at Broadwood. Like to see what he can do against SPFL opposition. A back four of Sowah, Ziggy, Stanger and McGowan in the first half looked disjointed but then its their first time playing real time together and up against Goodwillie as you may have noticed. Second half Penny, taiwo and Bloomfiled came on as well as mccann and a few others. I'd lost track by then but we did create a few chances one off the bar and another a great reflex save from their keeper. Sowah looked better than I remember. The important bit is martin figuring out our best starting 11 ASAP. Correct me if I’m wrong but dont think Garcia or Kelly played? Didnt help that we appeared to be playing in a training kit with no numbers on our shirts!

You mean Aaron Smith of Forest I take it?
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Willie Wastle » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:58 am

Swift Frank wrote:

Spelling corrections? Really?

Aaron Smith, whom we signed from Nottingham Forest, is one to watch, but I didn't see enough yesterday to make my mind up about him.

The official notice of his signing, with references to him being a "youngster" (something we didn't highlight about other young players) and having "potential" - coupled with, I think I'm right in saying, he never actually played for Forest's first team - made me think he was going to be more of a squad player this season, rather than competing for a regular start. But he looked bigger than I expected, fit, and half decent in a friendly where few really stood out.

We're also conspicuously short in creative midfielders/wingers - there's him, Sam Kelly (who didn't feature at all yesterday), Miller (ditto), Boyd, Cunningham, and arguably Bingham (maybe better played further forward). With nobody standing out, maybe Smith's the man. Or maybe that's where we shoehorn in Dougie (or Lyon). Weakest area of the team, IMO.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Euan » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:51 pm

Swift Frank wrote:
TerracingTomas wrote: Aaaron Smith ex Forrest

That’s his brother the pirate

His other brother is Finbar, also known as OoErron
Euan
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:09 pm

TerracingTomas
Premiership

Next

Return to The Accies