Transfer Thread 18/19

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Transfer Thread 18/19

Postby Swift Frank » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:49 am

To keep the positivity going I'm predicting a top 3 finish ,Canzo to be headhunted by an EPL team mid season to be immediately replaced by Dougie and 2 Cup Finals.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby NB.hafc » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:00 pm

Genuinely looking like a promising season. Everybody behind the team at all times.
NB.hafc
Pub League

Postby smc4761 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:37 pm

Far too much positivity on here, new signings the club actually letting us know whats going on,somethings not right.

Anyhoo before we all get carried away, did Killie not try something similar a season or 2 ago, before Steve Clarke, the English manager they had. Brought in about 10 players from league 1 , 2 and conference and it all went tits up, manager then left/got sacked
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:12 pm

Far too negative a post.
Have a long hard look at yourself.
Anyway

So when is the next signing,? I'm getting bored, it's at least 20 mins since the last one.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:03 pm

Email: sean@acciesfc.co.uk
Twitter: @AcciesFCSLO
Phone: 01698 368650
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:17 pm

Sowah so good this pre season.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:02 pm

Anyhoo before we all get carried away, did Killie not try something similar a season or 2 ago, before Steve Clarke, the English manager they had. Brought in about 10 players from league 1 , 2 and conference and it all went tits up, manager then left/got sacked

That would be Lee Clark. He was manager for a year before leaving for Bury where he only lasted 8 months before getting the sack. He did if I think bring in a pile of players one of whom did Killie not sell to an eygptian team for 900k? Whatever the bigger question for me is can Martin get the best out of this squad and has he developed tactically as a manager. Going to be an interesting season.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:09 pm

Thats Ziggy now offically confirmed by the club. As they say the worst kept secret in football history. Really pleased about that. Sowah I could take or leave.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Gav » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:13 pm

No sign of Rojano or Jenkins in Spain.
Gav
Championship

Postby Willie Wastle » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:59 pm

Gav wrote:No sign of Rojano or Jenkins in Spain.

I think Jenkins was only contracted to the end of 17/18?

Earlier in the thread I suggested Bloomfield's signing means at least one of our existing strikers is for the off. Oggy and Bingham are both in Spain (as are Miller and Boyd).
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:13 pm

When will squad numbers be announced?

I wonder how much we can read into who gets numbers 1-11?
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:37 pm

We're bringing in a lot of new players, but how many of them will go straight into the first team?

I don't think Aaron Smith will: his signing announcement describes him as a "youngster" (he's 20), and I think I'm right in saying he has no first team experience? And I don't know about Sam Kelly.

But the other six probably will. And Ziggy arguably doesn't count as "new", in a way that even Sowah does.

That's probably about as many as we can accommodate from the start anyway - half a team that's new. The only players from last season who look sure of a regular start are: Woods, Want, MacKinnon and Imrie. But that adds up to half a team if you add Ziggy and one of: McMann, Gogic, Lyon, Miller, Bingham, Oggy.

It's a lot of change. But change that was needed. And it looks like it's being managed well.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:44 pm

We're bringing in a lot of new players, but how many of them will go straight into the first team?

It will be interesting to see but I assume that if they are in Spain then they are all part of the first team squad. I was surprised to see the boy from stirling albion there (Stanger?) as he is only 18 but he has played most of the season for Stirling so he has more competitve experience than some of our under 20 boys who are now in the first team squad.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Gav » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:23 pm

Smith was quite well regarded at Forest so expect him to be in and around the 1st team. Unless we get 2 or 3 more in I think they will all be in squad regularly especially as Gogic is out till September and I think Oggy will be after that.
Gav
Championship

Postby porcupine » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:41 pm

Let's look at the big picture. We had the worst defensive record last season in goals lost out of all 12 teams.

We have signed Defenders McGowan, Sowah, Gordon, Penny, in addition to our existing defenders, Want McMann, Lyon & Gogic.
We have signed Midfielders Kelly, Garcia, Taiwo and Smith, in addition to our existing midfielders, Daz & Dougie.
We have signed Forward Bloomfield, in addition to our existing forwards Miller, Bingham, Rojano & Oggy.
Not sure where Lyon or anyone else I've missed fits in, but it looks as if we are finally building a defensive set-up that will stop us gifting goals to other teams.

Very positive from Accies this season.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:02 pm

If Hearts have the confidence to play a 16 year old for much of the season, Harry Cochrane, and a couple of 17 year old who played around twenty games between them (McDonald and Henderson) maybe Accies could show some faith in some of the 17/18 year olds who went through their season unbeaten and won the league. I see young Breen and Stanger are out in Spain while the rest are set to compete at Oban soon. Given the club's ethos, I'm sure we'll see some of them before too long.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:04 pm

porcupine wrote:Let's look at the big picture. We had the worst defensive record last season in goals lost out of all 12 teams.

We have signed Defenders McGowan, Sowah, Gordon, Penny, in addition to our existing defenders, Want McMann, Lyon & Gogic.
We have signed Midfielders Kelly, Garcia, Taiwo and Smith, in addition to our existing midfielders, Daz & Dougie.
We have signed Forward Bloomfield, in addition to our existing forwards Miller, Bingham, Rojano & Oggy.
Not sure where Lyon or anyone else I've missed fits in, but it looks as if we are finally building a defensive set-up that will stop us gifting goals to other teams.

Broadly agree with this (I thought Garcia was a centre half? I think Gogic is best in defensive midfield. And Lyon, although we've mainly played him as right wing back, seems to me more of an attacking midfielder).

My best guess at our current best XI:

Woods
McGowan Gordon Penny Want Sowah
MacKinnon Taiwo
Imrie
Miller
Bloomfield
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Don van Vliet » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:32 pm

I'm no expert but my recollection of Ziggy is that although reading the game and positional play are great strengths, aerial prowess is not. How safe is it to play him at CB?
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Law of Averages? There is no law of averages.
Don van Vliet
Seaside Leagues

Postby Swift Frank » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:31 pm

A lot safer than that tosser Tomas.
Or Sarris.

Meanwhile the totally hopeless official SPFL website has Jean Alasanne Mendy as a new Accies signing, when in fact he has signed for those Dungdee c#n&s.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Swift Frank » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:07 am

Willie Wastle wrote:
porcupine wrote:Let's look at the big picture. We had the worst defensive record last season in goals lost out of all 12 teams.

Broadly agree with this (I thought Garcia was a centre half? I think Gogic is best in defensive midfield. And Lyon, although we've mainly played him as right wing back, seems to me more of an attacking midfielder).

My best guess at our current best XI:

Woods
McGowan Gordon Penny Want Sowah
MacKinnon Taiwo
Imrie
Miller
Bloomfield
Bingham,
Ogkmpoe or Rojano before Miller any day of the week.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

PreviousNext

Return to The Accies