Pitch

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Pitch

Postby glenthedog » Wed May 23, 2018 2:54 pm

I've seen on Twitter that the pitch has been ripped up - are the club moving back to grass (or a hybrid), or is it a new 3G surface?
glenthedog
Pub League

Re: Pitch

Postby Laid-back Accie » Wed May 23, 2018 5:09 pm

glenthedog wrote:I've seen on Twitter that the pitch has been ripped up - are the club moving back to grass (or a hybrid), or is it a new 3G surface?

It's a new 3G surface, apparently of higher quality and more realistic looking.
Laid-back Accie
Pub League

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri May 25, 2018 10:20 am

Past the ground today. They have removed all the pipe work for the pop up pitch watering system as well as all the pitch material. I assume it’s too tricky to work round the pipes so everything comes up.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:36 pm

Advertiser saying they understand the pitch may be ready sooner than expected and our game v Livvie could be back at NDP. Hope so. I passed the ground on Tuesday afternoon. The pitch is finished but in putting it down they removed sections of the perimeter fence and were working main stand side replacing same. All the advertiser hoardings were down. They were also working to the LHS of the gazebo putting in similar fencing that already exists behind the sainsbury end goal that allows for advertising banners.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:02 pm

Confirmation Tuesdays match v Livingston will now be played at NDP 7:45pm kick off
Email: sean@acciesfc.co.uk
Twitter: @AcciesFCSLO
Phone: 01698 368650
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Postby Willie Wastle » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:35 pm

TerracingTomas wrote: They were also working to the LHS of the gazebo putting in similar fencing that already exists behind the sainsbury end goal that allows for advertising banners.

Just read on the groundsman's Twitter that this season the fabric screens will go all around the parts of the ground where there are no stands.

Should look good, enclose the pitch better, and maybe even improve the atmosphere. A relatively small thing, but part of a bigger picture of improvements at the club this summer. If this is a consequence of the increase in season ticket prices, it's well worth it.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:21 pm

Get the Superseal logo's tae f£&K then !
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Return to The Accies