Cruyff Court Open

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Cruyff Court Open

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri May 04, 2018 9:27 am

I see a piece in the Advertiser (page 8) announcing that the new cruyff court football pitch is opening this weekend at the stadium. Last year the club was granted planning permission to build the court opposite the main stand entrance in the car park. With the million pounds going west (or east) they have adapted the little training pitch by the gazebo by adding new goalmouths and renaming it the Alex Neil Cruyff Court. One of the features of the court is that is was accessible to the public which is why the origonal plan had it outside the stadium so not sure how its going to work where it is. Whatever understandable I suppose given the financial change of circumstances.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Cruyff Court Open

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Sun May 06, 2018 12:46 pm

Correct me if I am wrong but was the 'Cruyff Court' not supposed to be behind the goals and an actual building??

To me it looks like the same wee pitch that was there before with an orange fence round it.....
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Re: Cruyff Court Open

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun May 06, 2018 12:56 pm

Correct me if I am wrong but was the 'Cruyff Court' not supposed to be behind the goals and an actual building??

The famous “Dome” was to supposed to be going behind the goals. Lets not go there :oops: :oops: The proposed Cruyff Court was to be outside the stadium opposite the Main stand. if you go to the South lanarkshire council planning website the club was granted planning permission to build the new court on the 19th september last year. All the documentation is there including the plans showing the location of the proposed new pitch. Reference HM/17/0195. Obviously with the bank account being raided there is no money for a new court so they have adapted the existing one. Fair enough seems sensible its just not going to be as accessible unless the stadium is open.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Return to The Accies