The positivity thread for the next 3 games.

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

The positivity thread for the next 3 games.

Postby Big Wurzil » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:45 am

First off, boo hoo hoo to all the doom mongers, notable by their absence since they’ve nothing to moan about.

Next, massive applause to the club for the tickets deal. Last home game v Ross co the attendance was 1272 so they added nearly 800 to the gate. And there was still quite a few regulars around me missing. Will the club do the tickets deal again v st Johnstone in the last(hopefully) home game of the season in which could be the game we gaurentee safety.

As for yesterday it was a scrappy game, but at least we had a ref however poor you thought he was was brave enough to give a penalty at 0-0 in a huge game, would’ve been easy to turn a blind eye to it, unlike the ref Beaton who bottled not giving the penalty last week, canning claimed he never gave it because no Accies players claimed for it. 9 penalties we’ve had this season, more than any other club in the league.

Looking at the remaining games.

Partick v Ross co
Dundee v Accies

Depending on Fridays result a draw will suit v Dundee. Dundee are bang in trouble now when you look at their last 2 games, away to Ross co and then home to partick last day.

Accies meanwhile have the 2 clubs who are now safe and with nothing left to play for so 1 win will secure it, hopefully in the final home game v st Johnstone and then we can go to Motherwell last game and enjoy it.

Still a couple of wee twists left but looking much better after yesterday.

C’mon the Accies :D
Big Wurzil
Championship

Re: The positivity thread for the next 3 games.

Postby accies1874 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:03 am

If we win next week, we're almost guaranteed to stay up.

A draw in the game on Friday and our game would also squeeze us over the line given that Dundee still have to play Thistle and County.

Based on recent form, I'd probably fancy our chances in the St Johnstone game more than the Dundee one, but let's get this wrapped up ASAP :)
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:34 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/sc ... es/2018-05

Does the bbc know something, scroll down to the bottom of the link and look at the fixtures.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Willie Wastle » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:44 pm

Big Wurzil wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-premiership/scores-fixtures/2018-05

Does the bbc know something, scroll down to the bottom of the link and look at the fixtures.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:35 pm

Big Wurzil wrote:First off, boo hoo hoo to all the doom mongers, notable by their absence since they’ve nothing to moan about.

Next, massive applause to the club for the tickets deal. Last home game v Ross co the attendance was 1272 so they added nearly 800 to the gate. And there was still quite a few regulars around me missing. Will the club do the tickets deal again v st Johnstone in the last(hopefully) home game of the season in which could be the game we gaurentee safety.

As for yesterday it was a scrappy game, but at least we had a ref however poor you thought he was was brave enough to give a penalty at 0-0 in a huge game, would’ve been easy to turn a blind eye to it, unlike the ref Beaton who bottled not giving the penalty last week, canning claimed he never gave it because no Accies players claimed for it. 9 penalties we’ve had this season, more than any other club in the league.

Looking at the remaining games.

Partick v Ross co
Dundee v Accies

Depending on Fridays result a draw will suit v Dundee. Dundee are bang in trouble now when you look at their last 2 games, away to Ross co and then home to partick last day.

Accies meanwhile have the 2 clubs who are now safe and with nothing left to play for so 1 win will secure it, hopefully in the final home game v st Johnstone and then we can go to Motherwell last game and enjoy it.

Still a couple of wee twists left but looking much better after yesterday.

C’mon the Accies :D

I'm still here
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:18 pm

Im still here as well. fair play to Accies yesterday, though I watched the first half on Sky and it was atrocious from both teams. Glad I dont pay to watch that.

Personally I think a win for Thistle may be best result. That way Ross County will almost certainly be relegated. They would then need to win their last 2 games and hope that we dont pick up any points in our last 3 games. It would then be a 3 way fight between Dundee Thistle and us. We only need 3 points from 9 to stay up.
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:26 pm

smc4761 wrote:Im still here as well. fair play to Accies yesterday, though I watched the first half on Sky and it was atrocious from both teams. Glad I dont pay to watch that.

Personally I think a win for Thistle may be best result. That way Ross County will almost certainly be relegated. They would then need to win their last 2 games and hope that we dont pick up any points in our last 3 games. It would then be a 3 way fight between Dundee Thistle and us. We only need 3 points from 9 to stay up.

Disagree. I've crunched some of the numbers in the match thread, and I think County are as good as down, so we should be looking for them to nick points off our rivals for the play-off spot.

Best result this Friday is a draw, or failing that a County win. That way, anything we take from Dens takes us closer to safety.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby 90mins+ET » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:38 pm

I'm what you'd term as a total pessimist when it comes to supporting the Accies but yesterday's result was a welcome change in fortunes. Due to work commitments I was unable to renew my season ticket this season but I've followed every game via tv social media or newspaper and it's great to think that at this late stage we're still in control of our destiny.
Would be great to win our last games and to see Dundee slip into the playoffs given their arrogance towards us.
Whatever happens mon the Accies!
90mins+ET
Pub League

Postby Big Wurzil » Fri May 04, 2018 9:53 pm

Perfect result tonight and Ross co should’ve won.

Thistle were shite
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby smc4761 » Fri May 04, 2018 10:17 pm

All things considered a draw between Thistle and Ross county was best result for Accies. Its in our own hands now, 3 points from 9 and we are defo safe
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Fri May 04, 2018 10:19 pm

It would be great to win tomorrow and put this to bed.

Nearly there.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Return to The Accies