Squad Next Season

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Squad Next Season

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Mon May 14, 2018 12:16 pm

Rojano is also terrible should be no where near the starting 11. Ogoukny and Bingham are both much better options.
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby Gav » Mon May 14, 2018 12:37 pm

Don't think we are looking as bad as everyone thinks.

We should have Woods, Gogic, Want, Tomas, Daz, Jenkins, Miller, Oggy, Binhgam and Rojano still there which is a solid base.

Fulton, Hughes, Cunninham, Lewis Smith and Tierney will all be pushing for a place.

Looks like we are losing Sarris, Temps, Crawford, Redmond, Van der Veg and Scott as well as Ferguson. We just need to ensure that the 7 we bring in to replace them can contribute. Definitely need 2 full backs, 2 centre halfs, 2 midfielders and another striker.
Gav
Championship

Postby Willie Wastle » Mon May 14, 2018 2:00 pm

Gav wrote:There is no way McMann, Lyon or Imrie should be near the 1st team next season.

We may not have a choice.

BTW, Accies Twitter has announced the following have left: Crawford, Ferguson, Templeton, Redmond and Jamieson.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Gilbaldo » Mon May 14, 2018 2:28 pm

They have now also confirmed the departure of Xavier Tomas and Georgios Sarris.
Gilbaldo
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bluesy » Mon May 14, 2018 2:43 pm

Aw naw
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Euan » Mon May 14, 2018 2:56 pm

Glad to see Tomas go, the picture on BBC and elsewhere of him standing watching Cifri score the first summed him up.
What was he doing at the second??
Uncommanding for a big Defender, his departure alone should help shore up the defence.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Gav » Mon May 14, 2018 3:52 pm

Who are realistic targets ?

Naismith - Ross Co
O'Ware - Morton
Booth - Partick
Keith Watson - St J
Chris Miller - St J
Paul Paton - Plymouth
Alex Schalk - Ross Co
Kenny Miller
Prince Buaben - Hearts
Scott Pittman - Livi
Gav
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon May 14, 2018 4:16 pm

Paton and Naismith as defenders would be my priority. Bothhave good track records I think Naismith has played virtually every game this season. Paton is available. Im not sure what the situation is with Naismith. There is also the loan market. Can’t say we did well this season. The boy from Swansea was a dud and I’m not impressed with Scott. Surely Preston have a gem or two.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Mon May 14, 2018 4:44 pm

Wow! Looks like virtually a clear-out. Surprised by Tomas, despite my earlier comment that we need to replace him. I hope we have one or two good central defenders lined up to come in.

Shame about Redmond, who was a good option from the bench, but from what he's said on Twitter he wants more game time, and who can blame him?

Anyone else heard the mental rumour about Kenny Miller coming in as player-manager?
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Mon May 14, 2018 4:54 pm

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/161 ... is_summer/

Plenty I'd take from this list, but the sad reality is that we'll have to wait until they've been rejected by the 11 other Premiership clubs (and probably a few Championship ones).
accies1874
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon May 14, 2018 5:13 pm

Anyone else heard the mental rumour about Kenny Miller coming in as player-manager?

Nope. There was a suggestion he might be coming in as a player/coach. Was he not at one of our last home games? Roger on P and B is suggesting he has heard Imrie is to become manager and Canning will be offered a coaching role. Its that time of year isnt it? For the next 2 months we are going to have put up with rumours, fake news and fairy tales :roll:
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Euan » Mon May 14, 2018 5:38 pm

I haven’t seen much of Scott, but he looked composed on the ball and was probably our best defender (faint praise) on Saturday before being subbed. I wouldn’t mind him being given a run next season.
According to his stats he can also play right back. I’d prefer McMann at left back than centre maybe time to switch to a back 4
McMann,Want, New star defender*, Scott
with Daz, Gogic, Jenkins as options for defensive midfield with Lyon further forward.
Miller and Boyd are our only creative players, but lack experience
Rojano and Ogboye are decent target men but lack a goal threat

*O’Ware would be first choice as new defender.
The other positions creative midfielder, winger striker are harder to find at our budget.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Mon May 14, 2018 6:04 pm

Willie Wastle wrote:Wow! Looks like virtually a clear-out. Surprised by Tomas, despite my earlier comment that we need to replace him. I hope we have one or two good central defenders lined up to come in.

Shame about Redmond, who was a good option from the bench, but from what he's said on Twitter he wants more game time, and who can blame him?

Alex Garcia is still to come back from his loan at Marbella. Is he any good? Who knows we'll not be long in finding out. Van see Weg, want & Garcia possible back 3.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Euan » Mon May 14, 2018 7:19 pm

Charlie Scott away too, at this rate I might get a game
Euan
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Mon May 14, 2018 7:25 pm

Euan wrote:Charlie Scott away too, at this rate I might get a game

He was only ever on loan from Man U till the end of the season. Surprising he got so little game time.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Euan » Mon May 14, 2018 8:38 pm

I thought it was with an option to keep him
Euan
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Mon May 14, 2018 8:43 pm

This is brilliant news.
Give Canning his due for having the guts to admit his signing mistakes eg,Tomas and start with a rebuilding blank canvas..
Look forward to seeing a new era and a new squad taking shape over the coming weeks.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Willie Wastle » Wed May 16, 2018 3:43 pm

I see Grant Gillespie has been released by Dundee United, and Louis Longridge by Falkirk.

I wonder if either of them will end up back at Accies?
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed May 16, 2018 5:39 pm

Having gone on loan to Falkirk and then been signed by them permanentlyI thought Longridge had found his level (aspiring championship club) The fans seemed to like him too. Wonder if there had been a fall out. Anyway as we know nowwhere good enough for the premiership. Arithmetic Rovers seemed to like him when on loan there. Expect to see him there?
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Wed May 16, 2018 7:17 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:Having gone on loan to Falkirk and then been signed by them permanentlyI thought Longridge had found his level (aspiring championship club) The fans seemed to like him too. Wonder if there had been a fall out. Anyway as we know nowwhere good enough for the premiership. Arithmetic Rovers seemed to like him when on loan there. Expect to see him there?

Longridge was players' player of the season at Falkirk. I assume he's refused a new contract to try for a deal with a bigger club. Down south would make sense for him, if he's up for that. Looks like he's now a stand-out at Scottish Championship level, but can he do any better?

Gillespie's a Championship player, for me - if he can find another club.

I suspect both of them were on more money at United & Falkirk, and wouldn't fancy coming back to us for less money, even if we wanted them.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

PreviousNext

Return to The Accies