Squad Next Season

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Squad Next Season

Postby Bomber Harris » Fri May 04, 2018 11:56 am

Willie Wastle wrote:I hate all this "aye, he is" - "no, he's no" nonsense.

If you're going to make a claim, back it up.

A quick Google establishes that The Sun said Lewis Ferguson was out of contract this summer, to support their speculative story about interest from other clubs, but this reference site says 31 May 2019 - http://www.transfermarkt.com/lewis-ferg ... ler/428563

I know which source I believe.

I know what source I also believe which is much more reliable than a daily rag and and sometime reliable player profile web page. Why would I make it up?
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby ggr » Sat May 05, 2018 1:08 pm

Doesn’t matter. I’ve heard he’s leaving anyway.
ggr
Pub League

Postby Bomber Harris » Sat May 05, 2018 2:44 pm

A quick Google establishes that The Sun said Lewis Ferguson was out of contract this summer, to support their speculative story about interest from other clubs, but this reference site says 31 May 2019 - http://www.transfermarkt.com/lewis-ferg ... ler/428563

Oh look it seems I wasn't talking shite ya tit
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat May 05, 2018 2:49 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:

Ooooh - what a lucid argument.

Nobody knows whether he's leaving, the question was when his contract expires. And I've yet to see proof either way.

Ya sparrow.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby OOHAHHSKONDRAS » Sat May 05, 2018 2:55 pm

Willie Wastle wrote:
Bomber Harris wrote:

Oh well... seems there is proof babe x

Ooooh - what a lucid argument.

Nobody knows whether he's leaving, the question was when his contract expires. And I've yet to see proof either way.

Ya sparrow.
OOHAHHSKONDRAS
Pub League

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat May 05, 2018 3:02 pm

Could you point me to this proof?
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Scott18 » Sat May 05, 2018 4:05 pm

Ferguson joining Aberdeen confirmed by Aberdeen and bbc
Scott18
Seaside Leagues

Postby smc4761 » Sat May 05, 2018 4:25 pm

smc4761
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat May 05, 2018 5:16 pm

Ach well never mind we now get a fraction of his worth and probably no sell on clause. Good luck to the boy he clearly didnt see a future next year with us to continue his development. Probably thought it was too big a gamble to stay if we end up in the championship :( :(
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Sat May 05, 2018 6:08 pm

Do we not get a development fee?
accies1874
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat May 05, 2018 6:15 pm

Do we not get a development fee?

Yes we do but if he had been under contract we would have probably/possibly got more and as is our usual stuck in a sizeable sell on clause. Whats' more he started as young kid with the Doncaster Rovers youth academy and worked his way up through their ranks until he joined us a couple of seasons ago so I’m not sure if Rovers are due a cut of any development fee. Anyway move on he's good as gone.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Sat May 05, 2018 11:43 pm

Absolutely rotten player management to not have this kid immediately signed up after his debut. His first few games he showed he's got all the potential to be a star, why didn't they get him on a 2 year deal minimum?!
End of season, Redmond, Crawford *leaving*, Sarris, Tomas, Templeton *probably going*, Kenny Van Der Weg, Ogkmpoe, Want, Jenkins.
Dougie's no doubt not going to be able to play much longer, he's aged horribly this season, I expect Fulton will want to try and get some first team football and Gary is contracted till the end of the 2019 season.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Euan » Sun May 06, 2018 8:01 pm

Our squad is beginning to look decimated for next season with our two most promising young players Ferguson and Docherty gone, our long serving never quite fulfilled his promise player Crawford going and our best player Templeton unlikely to be here, unless we can offer him a great deal to stay, which we should.
We also need to get the defence sorted, Skondras our best defender has also left. We need an organiser and captain, I’d suggest Thomas O’Ware of Morton as the man to bring in as he’s wanting a move and St Mirren are rumoured to be interested.
It’s going to be tough next season assuming we are still in the top division.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Mon May 07, 2018 7:23 am

From what I've heard the biscuit tin is now completely empty and no funds for players wages.
Very Dire.
Maybe MacGowan will consider Accies a Charity now and put the Football Club before junkies and Mensheds.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Stodmeister » Wed May 09, 2018 10:26 am

In my opinion we need 2 full backs , two centre halves , 3 midfielders , and a couple of strikers , not much to ask really :lol:

Assuming Hearts don't tap up Woods , I only see him Want , McMann and McKinnon from the current outfield 11 being regulars , I think Miller will be the new Templeton , don't understand why he doesn't get the nod before Bingham but then again I don't watch the players training. Rojano should be in from start Oggy might be worth a punt (pardon the pun) but Rojano offers more I think . Dougie should be a bit part player I think he's coming to the end of his playing career.

VDV filled a gap but not the long term future, Tomas is a towering centre half but we lose so many goals from set pieces I don't see him as an asset , Jenkins another gap filled but no thanks , Sarris should be gone , Crawford is leaving , Redmond too injury prone .

Cunningham probably deserves his chance and I'm not sure what others may fall into that category.

What's happened to Steven Boyd??? had a great start of season then loaned out now in the wilderness , still offers more than Bingham.
Last edited by Stodmeister on Fri May 11, 2018 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby Swift Frank » Wed May 09, 2018 11:57 pm

Boyd can't even get on the bench at Livingston.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Euan » Thu May 10, 2018 1:56 pm

I liked Boyd early season and was disappointed to see him loaned, but accepted he needed game time to improve....which hasn’t happened.
Too slight to be an out and out striker but has the skill to unlock defences and would be worth a shout in the No 10 position, either as Templeton's understudy or replacement. Certainly as good as Miller and better than Bingham.
Regarding Tomas, he’s a liability, worse than Sarris. Responsible for the recent penalty against us v St Johnstone and pathetic attempts at a block for their second goal and at Dundee’s goal (our last 3 conceded) which if avoided would have seen 4 points rather than none. Non committal, lazy and poor defender...no wonder we lose so many careless goals.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Thu May 10, 2018 3:58 pm

Would we really expect to sign a foreign player and for him to be any good?
Does that ever happen?
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Willie Wastle » Mon May 14, 2018 11:40 am

Now that the season's over, what on earth does our best XI for next season currently look like?

Ferguson and Crawford are away, and let's assume Templeton and Sarris are leaving too, but everyone else we would want to stay is staying (although clearly that could change).

I'd be happy with Woods in goal and Fulton as back-up, but if Woods leaves, we'll need a new first choice keeper, as Fulton isn't ready to step up.

Our back three would be Want, Tomas and McMann - I'd love that to work, but I'm really not sure about big Xavier as our main man, and I'd prefer to find an upgrade.

Lyon and Imrie as the wing backs? I don't think that's Lyon's position, as he doesn't contribute enough defensively - we need a replacement at least as good as Skondras. As for Dougie, are we really going to play him (as captain) for another season? He still offers a bit of an attacking threat, but he doesn't defend, and he's too negative to be a good leader on the park (I suspect he damages McMann's confidence, for one). But can we afford to bring in a decent left wing back AND bring in someone who'll give us some leadership (not necessarily the same person)?

MacKinnon and Gogic at the heart of midfield could well work. Miller and Redmond for the creative roles ahead (or Boyd if he comes back rejuvenated).

Rojano (or Oggy) up front.

If we still have Van Der Weg, Jenkins and Bingham, that takes us to 17 players, and we're sure to see one or two of the youngsters breaking through - Hughes? Cunningham?

But frankly, that looks like a weaker team than the one that's just stayed up by the skin of its teeth.

If somehow Temps stays, we may have a chance with that XI, as we have goals from several players, but our problems are more at the back, and I think we need to prioritise shoring up the defence. I'd like to see us sign an experienced centre-half who'd command the box and could be our captain. That would create competition for places in defence, and would hopefully plug the gaps and help us better defend set-pieces, which have cost us so much. If that's not possible, one high quality player anywhere on the field can lift the rest, as we've seen with Temps. I'd rather we made one decent acquisition than lots who aren't any better than what we already have.
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Gav » Mon May 14, 2018 11:49 am

There is no way McMann, Lyon or Imrie should be near the 1st team next season.
Gav
Championship

PreviousNext

Return to The Accies