Partick Thistle .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Old match day threads will be moved here

Re: Partick Thistle .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby porcupine » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:14 pm

For the umpteenth time , we fail to defend a winning position and loose late goals. ' Fraid to say, it's not looking good, on this form. A very, very nervy game next week, for both teams.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby #BFA » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:26 pm

Total crap. Clownzo GTF
#BFA
Pub League

Postby Red and white hoops » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:41 pm

Losing a gave from a winning position -again

Losing a goal from a corner -again

5 at the back meaning we are overrun in midfield - again

Taking off best player on the park (temps) - again

Indiscipline from players - again

Subs coming on seemingly unsure where they should be playing - again

Six defeats on the bounce, you’ll maybe get away with that mid season. Not at this stage.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby smc4761 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:12 pm

Well that was surprise today NOT

6 defeats on the bounce, going ahead AGAIN only to chuck it all away

Soory folks said it weeks ago and it pains me to say it we are going down, and I think it will be in automatic place

Anyone care to disagree with me and confirm on what that is based
smc4761
Premiership

Postby georgemccallum » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:03 pm

You won't find me disagreeing.
georgemccallum
Pub League

Postby Yummy Fur » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:31 pm

smc4761 wrote:Well that was surprise today NOT

Soory folks said it weeks ago and it pains me to say it we are going down, and I think it will be in automatic place

You also said weeks ago that we would not win another game after defeat by Ross County and directly before we went 6 games unbeaten.

In saying that there wasn't a lot to be positive about today (as with last week where we gave Killie far too much respect in the way we set up) although despite being 2nd best for much of the game we could easily have taken 3 points if it wasn't for 2 horrible lapses in concentration or took one of our chances (neither of which looked as clear cut in the highlights as live). Bizarrely Canning still gets accused of "selection bingo" when our big problem in recent weeks is the exact opposite with far too much loyalty to under-performing players and a unshakable resolve to stick with a formation that hasn't been working for too long.

Next week some bold decisions are needed to move away from the 5 at the back and go with a flat back 4, drop Imrie who not only has been dreadful for months but clearly drains the confidence out of his team mates and give players the license to actually pass the ball rather than this horrible ball over the top.
I'd also like to see someone like Cunningham get an opportunity off the bench rather than hope Redmond will suddenly contribute (imagine if Crawford had put in that type of 30 minute cameo!!).

We can still stay up and both Thistle and County would rather be in our position than theirs. Football like most sports is one where the margins between success and failure are extremely slim but if Canning can secure a 5th consecutive season of top flight football it will be a truly remarkable achievement considering what he's had to contend with this season.
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby georgemccallum » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:42 pm

1 point from a possible 21 suggests we're down with the Clown.
Canning makes Ally Dawson,Chris Hillcoat and even Colin Miller look positively brilliant.

Shock horror.The Clown quoted on Daily Record Sport online_____ "we really need to cut out shipping cheap goals....,"
Really Martin?
You don't say!
georgemccallum
Pub League

Postby #BFA » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:01 pm

Yummy Fur wrote:
smc4761 wrote:Well that was surprise today NOT

You also said weeks ago that we would not win another game after defeat by Ross County and directly before we went 6 games unbeaten.

In saying that there wasn't a lot to be positive about today (as with last week where we gave Killie far too much respect in the way we set up) although despite being 2nd best for much of the game we could easily have taken 3 points if it wasn't for 2 horrible lapses in concentration or took one of our chances (neither of which looked as clear cut in the highlights as live). Bizarrely Canning still gets accused of "selection bingo" when our big problem in recent weeks is the exact opposite with far too much loyalty to under-performing players and a unshakable resolve to stick with a formation that hasn't been working for too long.

Next week some bold decisions are needed to move away from the 5 at the back and go with a flat back 4, drop Imrie who not only has been dreadful for months but clearly drains the confidence out of his team mates and give players the license to actually pass the ball rather than this horrible ball over the top.
I'd also like to see someone like Cunningham get an opportunity off the bench rather than hope Redmond will suddenly contribute (imagine if Crawford had put in that type of 30 minute cameo!!).

We can still stay up and both Thistle and County would rather be in our position than theirs. Football like most sports is one where the margins between success and failure are extremely slim but if Canning can secure a 5th consecutive season of top flight football it will be a truly remarkable achievement considering what he's had to contend with this season.

Haw loony think you need a nuthoose holiday way big Wurzil. Canning record as manager
7th due to Alex Neil
10th
11th
??
Aye see the pattern here?
#BFA
Pub League

Postby georgemccallum » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:09 pm

Lol
You are right about the nuthouse but not for a holiday.
A permanent stay more like.
Or maybe a place on the Accies management team
They are all a sandwich short of a picnic.
georgemccallum
Pub League

Postby Euan » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:25 am

The substitution of Templeton changed the game, hence the booing! as he was our main/only threat going forward.
He didn’t seem annoyed at coming off so I assume he was injured or tired, otherwise it was a terrible decision which cost us the game.
Euan
Premiership

Postby georgemccallum » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:59 am

Think a permanent substitution of the management team is long overdue.
Anyway Temps will be off regardless of which Division we find ourselves in next season and who can blame him?
georgemccallum
Pub League

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:54 am

First half Thistle had more of the ball but never seemed a threat and up pops Temps to score a peach. Second half Temps set up both Bingham and Ogkmpoe with scoring chances. Bingham fluffed his and Ogkmpoe had his saved. Had we taken either chance at 2 - 0 Thistle were dead and buried but as normal we cant defend and it is that frailty that will cost us not lack of goals. 2 seasons in a row when its the defence that is the issue and attempts to fix it have all failed miserably e.g. Sarris. I assume Temps was injured otherwise that was the worst substitution I have witnessed. Canning was shouting something at the crowd when they got on his back for that presumably saying just that. Honestly I think we are going to get beat next week and relegation/play offs beckon. Ive heard several media pundits say that whoever wins the Championship play off spot they cant see them beating the Premiership side. Aye right :( And just to finish off a lousy day got to Argyle Street and found the trains cancelled because of a signalling fault so got the bus back to hamilton which took 90 minutes.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:42 pm

Three decisions decided the game:

1)Bingham not finishing them off.

2)Jags making inspired substitutions after we easily controlled their attack in the first half.

3)Conversely,Canning making terrible subs.

We all knew what was coming after the equaliser.With one man up front after his Subs,the ball kept coming back and back.

Another issue which angers the fans is every time the opposition have a corner,we leave NOT ONE PLAYER up the pitch.It is schoolboy stuff and leads to any cleared balls coming straight back....what is the thinking behind this nonsense?

Fwiw,I still think we will stay up despite the shortcomings in the dug out;we beat ourselves yesterday-Thistle only won due to us fcuking it up.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby georgemccallum » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:18 am

The Clown should be dismissed on the performance of his diabolical 'defence' alone.
He's had all season to get it sorted and it's a bigger shambles now than ever.
Eg, free header at Doolans goal.
PATHETIC.
Time's up.
L L L L L L
Go now Can't ing!
georgemccallum
Pub League

Previous

Return to Match Day Archives