Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Accies .V. Kilmarnock - MATCH THREAD

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:56 am

Admission prices are reduced for this match:

£10 Adults
£5 U18s & O65s

Let’s get as many people there on Saturday as possible.

McCarthy & McArthur Suite is open from 12 - 2:45pm and then again after the match kids welcome.
Email: sean@acciesfc.co.uk
Twitter: @AcciesFCSLO
Phone: 01698 368650
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:59 pm

Typical. I arranged a holday for this week having checked that this coming Saturday was free. Que sera. As per my earlier comment, going into the play offs, a result would be a big psychological boost to Accies and a real downer on the other 3 teams below us. The only negative from this game would be a heavy defeat impacting on GD so lets have an an attacking format, keep Sarris on the bench and if Temps isnt fit then Crawford must be motivated to put himself in the shop window. Oh and keep Dougie on the bench until half time. I think he would make a bigger imapct coming off the bench.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:37 pm

Need to take something from this after four defeats on the bounce...coincidentally after Canning mucked about with a defence which was working.

Get every lapsed fan and sympathizer there as they are bringing a big support.
They are due a defeat,no reason why it can't be us who deliver it.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby aldoaccie » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:42 am

As long as Canning keeps Sarris on the bench, we’ve a chance of 3 points.

...a decent crowd is essential.
aldoaccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bluesy » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:11 am

Would like to see Templeton, Oggy and Rojano all starting again. I think a win today would leave us needing 6 points from the last 5 games to be sure
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Gav » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:23 am

Bluesy wrote:Would like to see Templeton, Oggy and Rojano all starting again. I think a win today would leave us needing 6 points from the last 5 games to be sure

Agree about the players but if we win today I reckon another 3 pts would be more than enougjh.
Gav
Championship

Postby smc4761 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:13 pm

Well that 5 defeats on the bounce now guessing that confidence must be running very low now for the players.

Partick have been pretty much a bogey team for us in recent seasons so dont hold out much hope for next week.

Sorry to be so pessimistic but I think we are going down, maybe even in the automatic place

If we do go down, will Canning still be there?
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:36 pm

smc4761 wrote:If we do go down, will Canning still be there?

Yep, Imrie will still be there as well trying to run up and down the wing with a hip replacement.
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:49 pm

A disappointing day, when we could easily have drawn or even won the game, with just a break or two. It wasn't just about luck, of course, as Clarke has Killie playing a tight, clever game, and their record speaks for itself. But in the last few minutes of the first half, Daz hits the bar, then Bingham and Ferguson both force the keeper into great saves - just one of those three goes in, and we lead 1-0 at half time. Different game.

Good, timely substitutions brought us back into it after conceding a poor goal. Great free kick from Temps. But all for nothing when we conceded again.

I don't think confidence will be low. We have a good squad with a good work ethic, and we're capable of securing the few points we still need. That game was a shot to nothing, and the players knew it - it would have been great to take something, but we're still ahead of three other teams, who would all prefer to be in our shoes.

Some battles ahead, but we won't play another team as good as Killie were today. I still think we'll be OK.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:42 pm

Probably got what we deserved today. I don’t get imrie playing the number 10 role as he hasn’t done it all season and why do it now but ultimately his ball retention was poor.

Awful first half until a wee rally last 8 minutes or so where we had 2/3 really good chances. Up until that mulumbu and dicker dictated the game.

2nd half, I think the only thing their keeper done was pick the ball out after templetons free kick. Jones was a constant threat and sooner or later the ref will buy one of his dives which he did which led to the free kick for the their 1st goal. The amount of times Want was 10/15 yards off Jones every time he received the ball was crazy. Why he didn’t go touch tight which in effect would’ve ruled him out as their outball every time.

Dog eat dog now
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby porcupine » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:16 am

Missed this game but reports look as if we competed against a team which has been better organised than most in the division. Some may say we are on the slippery slope, but against Thistle, Dundee and County, we have the capability to take points in every game. Motherwell will be focussed in their Cup Final on the last game, and not one of their team will want to miss that showpiece. We deserve something from Saints this season, so every game could provide the points we need to be safe.

It's Accies, so why should we expect anything other than a squeaky bum time at this stage?
porcupine
Premiership

Return to The Accies