Away hibs
Away Ross co
Home Kilmarnock

Ross co 21 points -20

Home Accies
Away Celtic
Home partick
Home Hibs

34 points put ICT down, we finished on 35.

Can easily see Dundee getting zero points in their last 4 games.
Partick could easily get zero points in their last 4 games.
Ross co have 3 out of last 4 at home with 2 huge cup finals against us and partick so wouldn’t rule them out just yet.

Saturday v Ross co is the biggest must not lose game in years, I’ll take a draw all day long and see what we get in the other 5 and then it’s 5 no lose cup finals after the split.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Re: Bottom 4 fixtures

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:44 pm

Didn’t realise how bad Dundee’s run in was. Very pleasing hopefully they don’t sack McCann and end up in the play offs.
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby Big Wurzil » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:54 pm

Maybe the confrontation after the whistle yesterday was the realisation for McCann that he’s in the brown stuff big time. Losing Hendry and Allan hasn’t helped either.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby accies1874 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:02 am

Everyone's run-in looks a bit dodgy. Any team will be lucky to see a big change in points come the split.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:57 pm

It's will be hilarious if county & Dundee go down and replaced by st Mirren & Livi. Shite away trips but just to see the look on Neil Doncaster face when he sees next season's top flight league of Accies, st Mirren, Livi and thistle
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:37 pm

8 to play with us 10.

Convenient 2 week break,

Kilmarnock v Us
Hearts v Dundee
Bigots v Ross county
Hibs v partick,

Saying nothing 8-)
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Willie Wastle » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:37 pm

Big Wurzil wrote:8 to play with us 10.

Convenient 2 week break,

Kilmarnock v Us
Hearts v Dundee
Bigots v Ross county
Hibs v partick,

Saying nothing 8-)

Could easily see the bottom four all lose these fixtures - I'd bite your hand off for a draw at Rugby Park. But the onus is all on the others now - they have to do the catching up. Especially if we can take anything from our two games in hand, even just one point.

Ross County are 8 points plus goal difference behind us, so they need three more wins than us. Can they secure 3 wins in their last 8 games, when they've only managed 5 from 30 games so far? Or to put it another way, if we can get just 2 wins from our last 10 games (less than our average so far), they need to double the number of wins they've had this season in their last 8 games. Realistically, we can forget about automatic relegation, we're now trying to avoid the play-offs.

It looks like Dundee or Partick for 11th, but TBH I'd fancy either of them to beat Livingston or Dundee United or Morton.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:50 pm

Kilmarnock gaurenteed top 6 after this weekends games.

Thing is their season is over now, can’t drop into bottom 6 and unlikely they’ll get a Europa league spot so where is the motivation for them, time to drop tools and get the towels out.

Time to create a bit of unrest with Clarke for sevco rumours which actually isn’t too unrealistic once sevco lose the semi.

Honestly can’t see Clarke starting next season at killie
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby porcupine » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:56 pm

Big Wurzil wrote:
Time to create a bit of unrest with Clarke for sevco rumours which actually isn’t too unrealistic once sevco lose the semi.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Gav » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:08 pm

Partick away and Ross County at home 1st up after the split. Need to get at least 4 points from them.
Gav
Championship

Postby accies1874 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:48 pm

Gav wrote:Partick away and Ross County at home 1st up after the split. Need to get at least 4 points from them.

Absolutely, that should finish it. I think we all know it's never that easy though, and if it all goes wrong, I'd be apprehensive trying to salvage points against the two best teams in the bottom six come the end of the season.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:50 pm

The main thing about the games v Partick and County is not to lose - they're the ones who have to do the catching up. But it's certainly a chance to finish them off - if we win both those games we'll be safe, and 4 points ought to be enough. If we win at Firhill, that could effectively relegate Partick (which could make them doubly difficult to beat, although it could also make them very nervous).

I don't fear playing "better" sides whose season is effectively over. We're overdue a result v St Johnstone. But I'd hate to still need something going to Fir Park on the last day.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:47 pm

Great set of fixtures. Don’t lose the first 2 games and that should be fine. Motherwell and st Johnstone will stay honest till game 3 and that’ll be them mathematically safe and they’ll chuck it last 2 games. Playing after partick v Ross co on the Friday is good too as we might even be safe before we play Dundee. Only Motherwell have the slight advantage of an extra home game whereas everyone else is both 19 home and away.

Partick v Accies
Dundee v st Johnstone
Ross co v Motherwell

Accies v Ross co
Motherwell v Dundee
St Johnstone v partick

Partick v Ross co (Friday night)
Dundee v Accies
Motherwell v st Johnstone

Accies v st Johnstone
Partick v Motherwell
Ross co v Dundee

Motherwell v Accies
Dundee v partick
St Johnstone v Ross co
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Euan » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:48 pm

Exactly the sequence of fixtures I’d have chosen.
Perfect if we believe we’re good enough, 12th,11th and 10th in order, followed by the 2 better teams when it doesn’t matter to them.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Stodmeister » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:18 pm

It could be all over after our first two games if we get formation , selection and attitude right. We should go all out to beat Killie on Saturday as going into the final set of games with 5 defeats is not a confidence booster.

I worry with our recent selection process e.g. bringing in Hughes for one match then punting him back out , just when we looked a bit stable it was all change again.
Our discipline is poor as well and that has to change.

I wouldn't like to be going into the final game at Motherwell looking for points.
Stodmeister
Championship

Return to The Accies