Accies v Celtic - Tickets

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies v Celtic - Tickets

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:24 pm

Anyone have idea what's happening re the sale of tickets for the Celtic game? - After the far from perfect arrangements for the Motherwell game I think we need to look after the regular patg fans a wee bit better.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Re: Accies v Celtic - Tickets

Postby Whiskeytown » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:29 pm

It would be a major PR disaster if the singing section were moved aside for Celtic fans. Keep them in the North stand and the gazebo please. No need to chase the Celtic pound anymore.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby accies1874 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:33 pm

They'll get their usual allocation of SoL, gazebo and section A and half of B no doubt. Section A will be moved to the other half of section B (I'm getting pretty confused typing this lol). Not ideal but just the way these things happen sadly.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Whiskeytown » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:02 pm

Confirmed, the usual. Really pissed off by this. Hope the singing crowd keep together and do their usual thing. Is a full away stand and East stand not enough, we have to have them in our stand too? We are under no obligation to give them more than 2500 tickets.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby Gilbaldo » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:44 pm

As far as I know, we're not actually compelled to provide any tickets at all to Celtic, although it would be the poorest business decision ever.
Don't you think that shifting over a bit is worth it for all the additional revenue we'll get?
We do need it and crowds have been poor.
Gilbaldo
Seaside Leagues

Postby Whiskeytown » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:58 pm

I don't sit in that section but I would be interested in what those who do have to say on it. If they are fine with it, then so be it. Are we not getting enough revenue from Celtic fans with 2500 or so in the usual stands? With money likely soon for Hendrie and Andreu & Neil's compo, it would have been a nice gesture, especially given how much backing Section A have given in practically every home game this season, if this once they could have kept the home stand for home fans.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby Accies999 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:01 pm

IMO the main stand should be for Accies fans only. They'll be enough of them buying Accies tickets anyway, nothing worse when they're sitting all around you. I don't think there's any chance they'll sell out their allocation anyway.
Accies999
Seaside Leagues

Postby WAC » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:46 pm

If the club want to make a few extra £ then so be it but, the fact is section b and c are likely to be full of Celtic hospitality aswell, the boys in section A have made ndp bareable with the atmosphere they create and has been applauded by players and also by some at accies themselves, followed the team from Motherwell to Dingwall and are being threatened with ejection if found to be sitting in a non allocated seat, shambles Imo.
WAC
Seaside Leagues

Postby accies1874 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:06 pm

Really annoyed about this. Don't think the extra money is worth it. Stewards will shite themselves from Celtic fans in the Accies end along with the pish of Accies putting their own fans last and giving Section A over to Celtic fans. It'll be like a home game for them as we'll have around just over a third of the ground to us and disrupting Section A will give them a louder vocal backing. Just need to make sure that the Accies fans that are there make some noise.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Alexander the Great » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:52 pm

Gilbaldo wrote:As far as I know, we're not actually compelled to provide any tickets at all to Celtic, although it would be the poorest business decision ever.
Don't you think that shifting over a bit is worth it for all the additional revenue we'll get?

totally agree, if section A want to blame anybody for this then don't blame the club who gave us free tickets for the well game, blame the people of Hamilton who would rather sit watching sky sports than support the team that represents their town. could end up going down that road of a few seasons ago when the relationship between fan and club was at an all time low, come on section A back the club and slate the people of Hamilton who are not supporting the club.
daft donnachie is thicker than the lenses on they daft specs he wears !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby Bluesy » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:30 pm

Alexander the Great wrote:
Gilbaldo wrote:As far as I know, we're not actually compelled to provide any tickets at all to Celtic, although it would be the poorest business decision ever.

totally agree, if section A want to blame anybody for this then don't blame the club who gave us free tickets for the well game, blame the people of Hamilton who would rather sit watching sky sports than support the team that represents their town. could end up going down that road of a few seasons ago when the relationship between fan and club was at an all time low, come on section A back the club and slate the people of Hamilton who are not supporting the club.

Think it is up to all the rest of us also to make some noise and give the team great backing on Saturday.

Atmosphere will be great with a large Celtic support and a noisy Accies support and the players will get a lift from that
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:31 pm

The last time we were in the premiership I don’t think I went to a single old firm game at NDP despite having a season ticket. Just didn’t want to experience the bile that comes with these game from the away support. I understand the economic argument. Giving over that end of the main stand must generate easily another £10,000 on the day but I also understand the ‘annoyance' from those accies fans who are moved. There isn’t a happy medium. Anyway its all hands to the pump at the moment so i will break the habit and be there on the day.
Alfie Olek

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:12 am

We would shift over a bit but there has been 100 comps gave out to charity's for the seats next to section A.
Also a rumour that the opposite side of the stand will be used for boyclubs which means we don't have anywhere to go really...

Not a big deal its always the same when we play the OF, I am used to it by now.
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby Alexander the Great » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:21 pm

PrideOfLanarkshire wrote:

We would shift over a bit but there has been 100 comps gave out to charity's for the seats next to section A.
Also a rumour that the opposite side of the stand will be used for boyclubs which means we don't have anywhere to go really...

no tickets were given out to charities and its Wednesday all celtic tickets are sold out and accies tickets are still available.
daft donnachie is thicker than the lenses on they daft specs he wears !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby Kennyh » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:25 pm

Does anyone have experience of the Club allowing you to move ST seats to sit with walk up fans ?

I am going to the club down tomorrow to try and get extra Ts but want us to sit together but not sure how they will be.

Cheers
Kennyh
Pub League

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:41 pm

Kennyh wrote:Does anyone have experience of the Club allowing you to move ST seats to sit with walk up fans ?

I am going to the club down tomorrow to try and get extra Ts but want us to sit together but not sure how they will be.

Cheers

They don't usually allow it, the tickets are planned out with the ST seats not being part of the sale arrangements.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:57 pm

Alexander the Great wrote:
PrideOfLanarkshire wrote:

no tickets were given out to charities and its Wednesday all celtic tickets are sold out and accies tickets are still available.

Just saying what I have heard. Did you ask the club shop if they had? how do you know?
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Return to The Accies