Rangers fans in Accies end. Again.

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Rangers fans in Accies end. Again.

Postby ggr » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:50 pm

Once again, there were unsavoury scenes in the stands, during an Old Firm game with opposition supporters confronting and trying to wind-up Accies fans whil sitting in the HOME end.
Accies always state that any supporter found in the wrong end will be ejected. Again the stewards were nowhere to be seen when the trouble kicked off. Despite several Accies fans pointing out the culprits, it took till half time for the police to arrive and ask them to leave.

The bigoted, sectarian bile being belted out throughout the match from the "Rangers" end was thoroughly disgusting

I've followed Accies home and away for over 30 years, but I will no longer attend matches involving Rangers in the future.
I've had enough. I have no wish to have to listen to these people, especially at the home of my own club.
ggr
Pub League

Re: Rangers fans in Accies end. Again.

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:08 pm

To be honest the fact the Accies fans were defending "our end" and giving the goading Rangers fans it tight is a good thing as making them uncomfortable means less of them buying tickets for the home end.

We should all be going to these games as it is OUR home game in OUR end of the ground.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Gav » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:06 pm

I sit right at the segregation and there were loads of Rangers fans. I mentioned it to steward who said I would get thrown out if I mentioned it again. I was told to sit down when Accies scored !
Gav
Championship

Postby accies1874 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:14 pm

Today was probably the biggest fightback I've seen against away fans in the home end. Shows that if Accies fans kick up enough of a fuss - which isn't always easy - then the stewards and police will react. It also helps that there were in an inordinate amount of moronic Rangers fans in amongst us.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:24 pm

It doesn’t help at all though when at around 1.55 a group of 6 Rangers fans all wearing colours were trying to get in the Accies end and a female steward informs them if they zip up their jackets and take off their beanie hats they will get in. Now by that point everyone around knows they are in the wrong end. Get them tell they will not be let in instead of bending over backwards to accommodate.

On a slight tangent here but I always hate how Rangers and Celtic fans are given the start of the main stand too. I realise Accies probably never fill the stand but I’d honestly rather have seats empty than have them filled with idiots and their sectarian filth.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Big Wurzil » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:17 pm

We take their £ and we can’t fill 3000 at £180 so we deserve all we get
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby porcupine » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:24 am

There's a really simple answer to this continuing problem. Just sell half the entire main stand up to the Directors Box and the media desks for the hacks to both RNgers and CEllik. We always need the money so take it, maximise it, and organise it so that this crazy situation does not repeat itself for the Celllik game. Let the Directors see how bad it really is, up close and personal. As others say, we are never going to fill even 4/5ths of the Main Stand.

Sure, I would not be happy to be moved from my season ticket seat, as many have had to do today, but at least we would have a better chance of keeping the Accies support together. There were too many Sevco supporters near us today as well, and there were NO stewards visible in any of the three sections at the Sainsbury's end, when the problem emerged after Rangers scored their first and second goals.

Nor did I see any police at the Sainsbury's end turnstiles to help the stewards. There is no excuse for them letting obvious Sevco fans in, but when you are paid minimum wage, unsupported, and intimidated by a group of potentially intimidating Sevco fans with tickets, who would face up to that for a pittance?
porcupine
Premiership

Postby aldoaccie » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:14 pm

I sat just in front of the 6 Sevco fans (2 of which were young kids, btw) who were ejected and despite me repeatedly telling them that they should move as they could cause trouble, they refused. One of them even threatened to decapitate my mate (with the adage “do you know who I am”!!) but yet the stewards did sod all saying that they could sit where they like.
Their mentality even stretched to telling the constabulary that they were Accies fans yet then celebrated in front of the cops when they scored their 4th!
Accies need to sort this out. The incident could have turned really nasty. Money is money and they’ll take it each and every time, but it can’t go on. Someone is going to get hurt.
aldoaccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby accies1874 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:04 pm

aldoaccie wrote:I sat just in front of the 6 Sevco fans (2 of which were young kids, btw) who were ejected and despite me repeatedly telling them that they should move as they could cause trouble, they refused. One of them even threatened to decapitate my mate (with the adage “do you know who I am”!!) but yet the stewards did sod all saying that they could sit where they like.
Their mentality even stretched to telling the constabulary that they were Accies fans yet then celebrated in front of the cops when they scored their 4th!
Accies need to sort this out. The incident could have turned really nasty. Money is money and they’ll take it each and every time, but it can’t go on. Someone is going to get hurt.

This was addressed tonight. Ronnie said he was unaware of it and will try and sort it out for the Celtic game. Let's see how they go about it.
accies1874
Premiership

Return to The Accies