Thank you and good luck, Alex Neil

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Thank you and good luck, Alex Neil

Postby Admin » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:00 pm

Since it's now official that Alex Neil will be heading to Norwich City, it seems appropriate to have a thread showing our appreciation for everything he has done for the Accies over the years, and to wish him well down south!

Stories, well wishes, anything, it's all welcome.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Thank you and good luck, Alex Neil

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:27 pm

Legend as a player and a legend as a manager.

Always seemed like a really decent guy off the park, and he more than deserves this opportunity to develop professionally and secure his families future. He probably deserved a big move as a player so you cannot begrudge him a big move as a manager.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Accies Finest Spark » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:49 pm

Tinge of sadness yesterday as the reality set in that he was off.

But today like with the 2 James's I'm proud proud he was part of a magnificent time in my lifetime watching Accies. 2007/08 was special as was last May, Wore his heart on his sleeve and gave everything for the cause, A true Accie

Thanks for everything Alex my kids will grow up knowing you gave us great success and became a legend.
Accies Finest Spark
Pub League

Postby Begs.hafc » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:51 pm

Absolutely gutted that Sir Alex has gone,but wish him all the very best!the word legend is over used in football but describes Alex perfectly.he would have been due a testimonial this year,I for one would love him still to be awarded one.Hope Norwich win the league!!
Begs.hafc
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bluesy » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:33 pm

Begs.hafc wrote:Absolutely gutted that Sir Alex has gone,but wish him all the very best!the word legend is over used in football but describes Alex perfectly.he would have been due a testimonial this year,I for one would love him still to be awarded one.Hope Norwich win the league!!

Yip same here - hope Norwich win the league. You can't overstate just how good he has been (mentoring McCarthy and McArthur, brilliant midfielder himself, producing the best football I have ever seen Accies at in over 40 years watching them)
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby yuggyboy » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:21 pm

Alex, you gave me some of the best years of my life as an Accie fan. Total commitment in all that you did and a great developer of young talent - would have been interesting to see where you would have taken us but I wish you all the best at Norwich, now I will have to watch Match of the Day 2 - always wanted you to score more goals though! :lol:
yuggyboy
Pub League

Postby Red_star » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:45 pm

The last of the 07/08 Championship winning players has now gone.

Over the last nine and a half seasons, it has been a fantastic time for the club and the fans. There's been periods when the team have been poor and we've all grumbled and shown frustration towards the team, but there has also been the good times, the euphoria of the Championship winning season, the couple of seasons in the SPL, Easter Road last season and the first half of this season. And Sir Alex has been with us through it all.

I have to say though, prior to Billy Reid leaving in 2013, I wanted Alex Neil out the club due to his indiscipline in the 2012/2013 season (three red cards in seventeen). A captain who could not control himself? Should never play for the club again. How wrong I was.

It will be strange not seeing Alex on the pitch, the dugout or stand. From player, captain and finally manager, he's been through it all with us over the years. And I wish him well in his new job and hope he brings in a feel good factor to Norwich.

Alex, I thank you for your service to the club and wish you all the best for the future. Leaving as a legend who will be missed by all, but would be welcomed back at any time.
Red_star
Pub League

Postby JMcGrogan'sotherleg » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:52 am

Fantastic player and it brings a lump to the throat to think that is the last of the 2007/08 side gone. Those couple of first years in the SPL were amazing and with him and Two James we did have the best midfield in Scotland.
Only a shame that in later years that injury and then, yes some indiscipline, limited his playing.
Ironically, he seemed to have curbed that this year and sometimes wasn't even booked. The team looked much better in recent weeks with him back in it.
Fear for what will happen without him.
JMcGrogan'sotherleg
Pub League

Postby Euan » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:52 am

Brilliant player and fantastic manager.
Winning at Parkhead to go top of the SPL for the month of October, such that we were top on my 50th birthday, has to be my outstanding Accies moment.
Thank you Alex
Euan
Premiership

Postby Gaspode » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:11 am

Gutted.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby Accies999 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:23 pm

Please come back Alex, it's not too late.
Accies999
Seaside Leagues

Return to The Accies