Fans Forum

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Fans Forum

Postby Gav » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:02 pm

Les told someone I know well that the culprit no longer works for the club.
Gav
Championship

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:05 pm

Question has been asked along with the various queries received over the course of the last week/10 days.

I will update once have further info as you can imagine the next day or so will be busy as the window ends.
Email: sean@acciesfc.co.uk
Twitter: @AcciesFCSLO
Phone: 01698 368650
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Postby Red and white hoops » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:18 pm

Gav wrote:To be fair if there is still an ongoing police investigation they cant really make any further comment.

Then why say a full statement will be coming then? The announcement I referred too wasn’t actually anything to do with the money going awol. There was no need to mention it in that statement. But they did, so we all assume news of some description is coming in the next few days. We are now nearly into February. It’s as if they thought we’d all forget about it.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby porcupine » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:55 pm

southoftheborder wrote:I tend to agree. I would be amazed if any financial transfers over £5k didn't need authorisation. Given that the amount suggested was significantly more than that, I would expect that at least 2 directors (possibly more) authorised it.

Said this some time back when story broke.

Assuming, an amount at this level needed director(s) authority, what Directors have 'left' the Club since this happened? Can we compare director's listings on programme's before and after, to get some answers?

No foot-soldier employee would have the authority for financial transactions at this level.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby southoftheborder » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:45 pm

No foot-soldier employee would have the authority for financial transactions at this level.

No foot-soldier employee SHOULD have the authority for financial transactions at this level.
southoftheborder
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:26 pm

Assuming, an amount at this level needed director(s) authority, what Directors have 'left' the Club since this happened? Can we compare director's listings on programme's before and after, to get some answers?

No directors have left the club board as far as I can see. The departure of significance was from the board of Edencrest, the holding company of the football club shares and who also control the stadium company through their controlling interest in Deeka. (complicated isn’t it but transparent not). On the 2nd of May Walter Hamilton (remember him ;) stood down as a director of Edencrest and of Hawkhead Developments one of Mcgowans’ companies. He also ceased to be stadium manager I think. But thats' quite some time before the scam.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:23 pm

Just struck me. Was a former Rangers player (who promised great things at the last fan's forum or two) not also on the BOD? Don't remember much of the promises that were made, were ever implemented, but there again I could be wrong. :? What does it say in recent programme's, assuming BOD listed at the front?
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Euan » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:11 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:On the 2nd of May Walter Hamilton stood down as a director of Edencrest and of Hawkhead Developments one of Mcgowans’ companies. He also ceased to be stadium manager I think. But thats' quite some time before the scam.

It was never a great idea having a former (possibly reformed) BNP activist so high profile in the Accies organisation, when we’re trying to promote an inclusive, family, community Club.
Euan
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:04 am

porcupine wrote:Just struck me. Was a former Rangers player (who promised great things at the last fan's forum or two) not also on the BOD? Don't remember much of the promises that were made, were ever implemented, but there again I could be wrong. :? What does it say in recent programme's, assuming BOD listed at the front?

Now involved with RockSport Radio who seemed to really push Docherty's transfer to Rangers.
My tinfoil hat has been removed now...
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Euan » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:31 am

accies1874 wrote:
porcupine wrote:former Rangers player
Now involved with RockSport Radio who seemed to really push Docherty's transfer to Rangers.

Rock sport Radio is owned by Greg’s father, who was desparate for his son’s move to Rangers...
Euan
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:40 pm

Gav wrote:
To be fair if there is still an ongoing police investigation they cant really make any further comment.

Then why say a full statement will be coming then? The announcement I referred too wasn’t actually anything to do with the money going awol. There was no need to mention it in that statement. But they did, so we all assume news of some description is coming in the next few days. We are now nearly into February. It’s as if they thought we’d all forget about it.

From a Daily Mail article published on the 17th of January “Furious at what they see as a hand - washing exercise by the bank, the club are now pursuing every available means to recover the money and take RBS to task. A press conference at which they intend to expose their bankers’ conduct is in the pipeline.

Its just that its a very big pipeline ;)
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:37 am

SLO... do we have an update on this?
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby Fergie's Last Stand » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:17 pm

Heard from a very reliable ( non Accies )source that the reason RBS were able to refute the claim was the fact that Accies had been warned at least twice that this particular ongoing transaction was dangerous / dodgy, and that they should not proceed with it. This advice was ignored, hence the bank's refusal to compensate.
Fergie's Last Stand
Pub League

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:16 pm

Guys. The last post is clearly the work of a troll. if the bank thought the transaction was dodgy they would have stopped it. End of.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:55 pm

Yup! First post!!! Maybe someone who was ushered outahere?
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Fergie's Last Stand » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:11 am

Definitely not a troll! For what it's worth I have posted on here before but wish this to be anonymous for obvious reasons.

I am an Accies fan since the days of Jim Frew & Jamie Fairlie and long suffering too !

Note I also have no reason to doubt my source, and stand by the post.
Fergie's Last Stand
Pub League

Postby porcupine » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:38 pm

OK, then, so if it's true about RBS, will they not have a recorded conversation of this/these warnings? Telephone calls to/from virtually every reputable financial company, these days, starts with the "conversations are recorded for training purposes etc........"

Maybe, as they DO have that, then proof has already been provided? All very speculative of course. :? :?
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:26 pm

Stv news on Twitter has interview with Ronnie and Colin regarding the fraud for anyone intrested. Doesn't sound good at all.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:49 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:Stv news on Twitter has interview with Ronnie and Colin regarding the fraud for anyone intrested. Doesn't sound good at all.

Got a link?

I'm on Twitter and I can't find it - is it Sky News or Sky Sports News? When was this - today?
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:01 pm

Its STV not sky Willie. An interesting read. It would seem Fergie’s last stand spoke to someone who knew about the interview before it was published. The club have moved their psoition I think from their inital stance which was the bank were responsible and should reimburse the club to we accept half the blame so give us half back.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

PreviousNext

Return to The Accies