Fans Forum

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Fans Forum

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:48 am

With recent events in the transfer market and unanswered questions needing asked again.. maybe it's time to clear the air and have another fans forum? We need a feel good factor going into the second half of the season and this MIGHT help, maybe the SLO can request this.
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:52 am

Re: Fans Forum

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:11 am

Morning,

I had been advised previously there wasn’t any plans for such event however this was last year let me ask the question at tomorrow’s game and I will revert back to you once I know.
Email: sean@acciesfc.co.uk
Twitter: @AcciesFCSLO
Phone: 01698 368650
AcciesFCSLO
Championship
 
Posts: 201
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:25 pm

Re: Fans Forum

Postby accies1874 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:56 am

The last one was around this time last year. A lot has changed since: transfer sagas, rumours of the pitch changing, OF colt teams, Sarris, Project Brave being finalised, boardroom changes and, of course, the money scandal.
I think now's as good a time as any to have one.
accies1874
Premiership
 
Posts: 586
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:10 pm

Re: Fans Forum

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:28 pm

Only problem I can see here is Ronnie wanting it at Auchenhowie.

Fwiw,a Fans Forum is needed as plenty of us have been thinking this since the nice man from Nigeria got his holiday pay.

Recent events have only added to the need for a clear the air session.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Championship
 
Posts: 472
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:53 pm

Re: Fans Forum

Postby Red and white hoops » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:41 pm

I agree now would be a good time. These are always good meetings and very informative and interesting.

It would be good to have a player or two on the panel too I think. Be good to get a players perspective on things like the pitch.
Red and white hoops
Seaside Leagues
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:35 pm

Re: Fans Forum

Postby porcupine » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:24 pm

Call me cynical, but don't see it happening. Too many possibly contentious questions for the Chairperson to field/answer at this stage. e.g. "How could we be scammed for £850K?" "How could we put out that PNE had bid for Devlin, when they hadn't" etc.etc.
porcupine
Premiership
 
Posts: 589
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:08 pm

Re: Fans Forum

Postby judgeflash » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:21 pm

porcupine wrote:Call me cynical, but don't see it happening. Too many possibly contentious questions for the Chairperson to field/answer at this stage. e.g. "How could we be scammed for £850K?" "How could we put out that PNE had bid for Devlin, when they hadn't" etc.etc.

If they agree to the meeting, I can see it getting messy. They have embarrassed their fans on multiple occasions with many of the decisions being made. If this goes ahead and I cannot make it, will someone ask if they will EVER disclose accounts of the club?
judgeflash
Premiership
 
Posts: 578
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:59 am

Re: Fans Forum

Postby porcupine » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:31 pm

judgeflash wrote:
porcupine wrote:Call me cynical, but don't see it happening. Too many possibly contentious questions for the Chairperson to field/answer at this stage. e.g. "How could we be scammed for £850K?" "How could we put out that PNE had bid for Devlin, when they hadn't" etc.etc.

If they agree to the meeting, I can see it getting messy. They have embarrassed their fans on multiple occasions with many of the decisions being made. If this goes ahead and I cannot make it, will someone ask if they will EVER disclose accounts of the club?


You'll NEVER see that, i.e. detailed accounts, other than in a legally shortened version which is available on Companies House website SC005420 Last Accounts are June 2016. No detail. Try it, Judgeflash, costs you nothing :):) Various PDF files to click-on for more info on who does what (in theory).
porcupine
Premiership
 
Posts: 589
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:08 pm

Re: Fans Forum

Postby judgeflash » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:33 pm

porcupine wrote:
judgeflash wrote:
porcupine wrote:Call me cynical, but don't see it happening. Too many possibly contentious questions for the Chairperson to field/answer at this stage. e.g. "How could we be scammed for £850K?" "How could we put out that PNE had bid for Devlin, when they hadn't" etc.etc.

If they agree to the meeting, I can see it getting messy. They have embarrassed their fans on multiple occasions with many of the decisions being made. If this goes ahead and I cannot make it, will someone ask if they will EVER disclose accounts of the club?


You'll NEVER see that, i.e. detailed accounts, other than in a legally shortened version which is available on Companies House website SC005420 Last Accounts are June 2016. No detail. Try it, Judgeflash, costs you nothing :):) Various PDF files to click-on for more info on who does what (in theory).


Perhaps the question could be raised as to why a publicly funded company is so protective over showing accounts practices to it's fans? Yet so willing to give bank details over the phone :cry:
judgeflash
Premiership
 
Posts: 578
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:59 am

Re: Fans Forum

Postby porcupine » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:27 pm

It's a PRIVATE limited company, not a public one, and like most private limited companies, divulge only what they have to, by law, without supplying any real detail. Check out the stuff on Companies House, It all still makes good reading and begs a few questions too, though.
porcupine
Premiership
 
Posts: 589
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:08 pm

Re: Fans Forum

Postby sectiona » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:51 pm

I actually don't thin a fans forum will matter because apparently the board are cashing in on the players to sell to the Turk from Uddingston. ;-)
sectiona
Seaside Leagues
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:28 pm

Re: Fans Forum

Postby judgeflash » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:45 pm

porcupine wrote:It's a PRIVATE limited company, not a public one, and like most private limited companies, divulge only what they have to, by law, without supplying any real detail. Check out the stuff on Companies House, It all still makes good reading and begs a few questions too, though.

It's privately owned, i said PUBLICLY funded.

Can someone ask how many drugs I have to do to get one of these sweet Zeus jackets? I'm willing to risk it.
judgeflash
Premiership
 
Posts: 578
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:59 am

Re: Fans Forum

Postby Admin » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:49 pm

Thread tidied up after some nonsense, back on topic.
User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:37 pm

Re: Fans Forum

Postby Red and white hoops » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:33 am

On the board announcement dated 4th December on the website it’s stated a ‘full statement on the cyber fraud perpetrated on the club in the next few weeks’. We’re still waiting, with all the players leaving, still no statement this is all the more reason for a fans forum to update us on what us actually going in at the club at the moment.

https://www.hamiltonacciesfc.co.uk/board-announcement/
Red and white hoops
Seaside Leagues
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:35 pm

Re: Fans Forum

Postby Gav » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:52 am

To be fair if there is still an ongoing police investigation they cant really make any further comment.
Gav
Seaside Leagues
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:03 pm

Re: Fans Forum

Postby glasgow accie » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:06 pm

If thats the case then how hard would it be to let the fans know this ...
Due to the ongoing police investigation , the club can't make any other comments on this , other than what has been said already ..... Or something like that ?
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship
 
Posts: 326
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:30 pm

Re: Fans Forum

Postby Gav » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:16 pm

Fair point.
Gav
Seaside Leagues
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:03 pm

Re: Fans Forum

Postby judgeflash » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:38 pm

Gav wrote:To be fair if there is still an ongoing police investigation they cant really make any further comment.



If the club promised a full statement, they should deliver it. RBS etc were quick to investigate and then summarise that they would NOT be issuing a refund, this was done in under 30 days. They obviously found the club to be negligent, so perhaps the club could perhaps explain to fans how they allowed this to happen and that the person who allowed this to happen is hopefully no longer with the club? It's not like they lost a set of car keys to the van.
judgeflash
Premiership
 
Posts: 578
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:59 am

Re: Fans Forum

Postby southoftheborder » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:54 pm

I tend to agree. I would be amazed if any financial transfers over £5k didn't need authorisation. Given that the amount suggested was significantly more than that, I would expect that at least 2 directors (possibly more) authorised it.
User avatar
southoftheborder
Seaside Leagues
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:14 am

Re: Fans Forum

Postby southoftheborder » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:57 pm

Actually, thinking about it - assuming that the money was transferred to a new payee, it should have required two directors authorisations twice!

Once to set up the new payee, and again to make a payment.
User avatar
southoftheborder
Seaside Leagues
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:14 am

Next

Return to The Accies

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests