Norwich fan in peace

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Norwich fan in peace

Postby Canary » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:24 pm

When our Chief Exec flew up to Scotland earlier this week, quite a few people, myself included, were convinced the man he had in mind was Robbie Neilson at Hearts.

Then someone pointed out he regarded them as "his" club and was never likely to leave at the moment, given where they are at the moment.So focus then switched to Alan Stubbs and Stuart McCall. We'd unofficially courted Neil Lennon when Lambert left but he'd turned down the offer so it was hardly surprising when, after Hughton was sacked, his public interest and media friendly quotes about what a "great club" we were cut no ice with David McNally-he'd had his chance!

Even at the beginning of the week, Lennon was giving interviews about what a great club we were, ambitious, good set up etc-I don't think it would have endeared him to Bolton fans but it did sound like a "come and get me".

Bearing in mind we had to contend with names like Tim Sherwood and Neil Wanock earlier in the week, I'm delighted at the appointment. Alex has done with you exactly what we need him to do with us-galvanised a smaller club wanting to mix it in the big league with attractive football and a commitment to youth team players-I'll be glad to see some of our egos on their way now and in the Summer, promotion or not, and I suspect he doesn't suffer fools gladly. If he plays 4-1-4-1 with us that will mean Nathan Redmond played in his best position although I'm not sure Gary Hooper likes playing as the single striker.

Lots of people talking about a pre-season friendly, us up at your place by the sound of it and I, for one, will be there as and when that happens.
Canary
Pub League

Postby JMcGrogan'sotherleg » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:58 am

What hasn't perhaps been spelt out is how ultra-competitive Alex was and is as a player - to his and our cost at times but something he has controlled on the park this season.
That will undoubtedly help him if there are any issues with any of new charges thinking who the hell is the guy?
Nice,honest guy off the pitch, he is as hard as nails on it as some of the Norwich players may discover on the training pitch!
And they may have to get used to being bawled at from the touchline.
When Frankie McAvoy comes, things might even out a bit. He's the good cop of the double act.
JMcGrogan'sotherleg
Pub League

Postby RICARDO » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:40 pm

I am a Norwich Fan of over 50 years standing and would like to thank you all for your instructive comments about Alex Neil.

A fantastic start for him today and I think we have finally found a new Paul Lambert.

I very much hope that we will be able to forge a link with you that will be in both our interests.

Good luck with the rest of your season. There are many down here in Norfolk who will follow your progress with greater interest.
RICARDO
Pub League

Postby H9crx » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:24 pm

RICARDO wrote:I am a Norwich Fan of over 50 years standing and would like to thank you all for your instructive comments about Alex Neil.

A fantastic start for him today and I think we have finally found a new Paul Lambert.

I very much hope that we will be able to forge a link with you that will be in both our interests.

Good luck with the rest of your season. There are many down here in Norfolk who will follow your progress with greater interest.

Ditto just put the football league show on serious link! Cmon the yellow army!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Alexander the Great » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:33 pm

if Norwich fans think lambert was the bees knees you will be creaming yourselves over alex neil, after all we got a whopping fee for joel Thomas off lambert when he was at Colchester :lol:
daft donnachie is thicker than the lenses on they daft specs he wears !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby Gaspode » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:50 pm

Joel Thomas will forever be on Lamberts CV :lol:
Gaspode
Championship

Postby Whiskeytown » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:21 pm

Looking at Norwich's last 6 results, you wonder why Neil Adams resigned. Their last two home games they won 6-1 against Millwall and 5-0 against Huddersfield. So they lost narrowly at Reading and then got put out the cup at Preston but I'm sure the cup loss wasn't really a big deal for the supporters with a return to the top league clearly the priority. Sitting handily in 7th, half the season still to go? Why d'ya do it, Neil?
Whiskeytown
Championship

Previous

Return to The Accies