January transfer window

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: January transfer window

Postby ASAccie » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:17 pm

porcupine wrote:
Bomber Harris wrote:Docherty not in the squad tomorrow nor was at training today. See ya Greg ya wee prIck

Listen, let's not get offensive on something which is only speculation at this stage. Greg Docherty has been an excellent player for the Club over many years at all levels and does not deserve any abuse from BH or others.

Should he go to another football club, and for a significantly improved salary, then who would not do the same? Whether Sevco have the funds to pay Accies in the first instance, or to pay players on a long term basis, is for those who contract with them, to decide for themselves. Also whether regular football would be forthcoming is also a consideration.

If the Club has received a real 'cash' offer, for a figure which they see as required at this time, (due to their own financial mismanagement of the Club's bank account), then we should really try to understand why this 'sale' is possibly going through.

This does, in no way, make most of us happy about possibly loosing a good player at this point, We weaken the team, just before an important Cup tie, and let go someone who would probably have a much greater value for himself, and the Club. with another full season under his belt. For GD to possibly go to Rangers, is still a short-sighted policy decision on all fronts, IMO.

Couldn't agree more - my only concern is that we receive a significant portion (if not all) of the cash up front - Rangers are flirting dangerously with the exact situation that liquidated them only 6 years ago. Given that they couldn't fork out the money up front for either Cumming or Murphy leaves me worried.

In terms of the move from Greg's perspective - he is a massive Rangers fan (we all know that) and the other thing that might be keeping him here is his girlfriend (sounds daft but is plausible) - he will make a lot more money playing for the club he supports, and gets to stay local.

I'm just gutted that he will be lining up against us. Would much rather he stayed until the end of the season and went down south for a much greater sum of money, but if he wants to move the club wont stand in his way.
ASAccie
Pub League

Postby smc4761 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:48 pm

Hope he is not going especially to Sevco, but good luck to the lad. I can see why he wants to go to Sevco, staying local etc, no upheaval, but dont they already have about 10 players fighting for 3 maybe 4 positions. I can see his career stalling over next year or so with lack of games.

Where are Sevco getting all the money from to sign players even on loan, they will be paying a fair whack in wages to the likes of Martin, Cummings and Murphy, plus with O halloran and Halliday back

Think he would be better going south maybe to work with Sir Alex whose team are going well
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:54 pm

porcupine wrote:
Bomber Harris wrote:Docherty not in the squad tomorrow nor was at training today. See ya Greg ya wee prIck

Listen, let's not get offensive on something which is only speculation at this stage. Greg Docherty has been an excellent player for the Club over many years at all levels and does not deserve any abuse from BH or others.

Should he go to another football club, and for a significantly improved salary, then who would not do the same? Whether Sevco have the funds to pay Accies in the first instance, or to pay players on a long term basis, is for those who contract with them, to decide for themselves. Also whether regular football would be forthcoming is also a consideration.

If the Club has received a real 'cash' offer, for a figure which they see as required at this time, (due to their own financial mismanagement of the Club's bank account), then we should really try to understand why this 'sale' is possibly going through.

This does, in no way, make most of us happy about possibly loosing a good player at this point, We weaken the team, just before an important Cup tie, and let go someone who would probably have a much greater value for himself, and the Club. with another full season under his belt. For GD to possibly go to Rangers, is still a short-sighted policy decision on all fronts, IMO.

I agree a bit ott from myself.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:05 pm

No idea how ‘in the know’ this guy is but this article I’ve just been sent from a Celtic supporting mate seems to suggest that the down payment for Greg is absolutely nothing, and we don’t see any money till they get their season ticket money. Now surely Ronnie and les are not that thick? We have had enough of being shafted recently. If he’s going to Rangers we need our money upfront and cleared in the bank before he goes anywhere.

Still don’t think this is the best move for his career or for us. If we can keep him till the end of the season I believe we’d get more for him and he’d be an even better player.

https://philmacgiollabhain.ie/2018/01/1 ... er-hustle/
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Euan » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:33 am

So despite guarantees from the Scottish press that Rangers would double their bid yesterday...nothing, apart from an unsettled Accies player who’ll miss todays important Cup-tie with an ‘injury’ (head messed up)

He’s now a died in the wool bluenose, desparate to sign for the Rangers and lead them to 55...if you believe what you read.

Truth is he’s keen on signing for Rangers because of his similar appearance to a young Prince William and he’s hoping this will appeal to the ‘loyal-ladies’ and get him lots of off field action. He might even shave the centre of his head to appear more current Wills, for some MILF action.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:44 pm

Twitter rumours we're getting Jamie Barjonas on loan as part of the Docherty deal. 18 year old, 5'11" midfielder, only made 6 appearances for them, capped for Scotland at youth levels. He's a Leeds-born Scot with a Lithuanian surname.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:37 pm

Euan wrote:So despite guarantees from the Scottish press that Rangers would double their bid yesterday...nothing, apart from an unsettled Accies player who’ll miss todays important Cup-tie with an ‘injury’ (head messed up)

He’s now a died in the wool bluenose, desparate to sign for the Rangers and lead them to 55...if you believe what you read.

Truth is he’s keen on signing for Rangers because of his similar appearance to a young Prince William and he’s hoping this will appeal to the ‘loyal-ladies’ and get him lots of off field action. He might even shave the centre of his head to appear more current Wills, for some MILF action.

I thought it was commonly known that Docherty was a blue-nose. I will presume from Ali also being 'injured' that he won't be here next week. Losing key starters in our midfield is going to be DEVASTATING. We have the thinnest of lineups as it is, losing two regular starters/goalscorers/men who assist is going to truly leave us possibly up the creek without a paddle.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:14 pm

Some still in denial about Docherty?

Crawford I don't understand - if he's out of contract in the summer, why would anyone pay a fee for him now? And if they're not, why not a pre-contract that means he plays out the season for us? Are we concerned he won't perform for us? Is his head messed up by the speculation (as is clearly the case with Docherty)?

Docherty's a big loss, with no direct replacement. Redmond is a decent alternative to Crawford, as purportedly is Kozoronis.

And the window's still open. No need for anyone to panic. Yet.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:38 pm

Willie Wastle wrote:Some still in denial about Docherty?

Crawford I don't understand - if he's out of contract in the summer, why would anyone pay a fee for him now? And if they're not, why not a pre-contract that means he plays out the season for us? Are we concerned he won't perform for us? Is his head messed up by the speculation (as is clearly the case with Docherty)?

Docherty's a big loss, with no direct replacement. Redmond is a decent alternative to Crawford, as purportedly is Kozoronis.

And the window's still open. No need for anyone to panic. Yet.

I suspect it's the same with Devlin, if clubs leave it to Summer to try and sign a free, a lot more clubs will show an interest. Whereas clubs like Aberdeen etc can afford to start pre-contracts.
I like Redmond, he at times has shown an a great aptitude to threading passes, he is however a liability when we are in physical midfield battle.

If the rumours are true *Docherty is a Given* and we lose Crawford this window and Devlin..We really, REALLY need to get some talented and FIT players to immediately replace. I dunno about you guys, but I am enjoying being a premier division team and don't want to drop down due to lack of investment in the first team squad.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:11 am

Pub team.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:39 am

I see we have signed a striker from 2 Leagues below the English Conference-7th tier.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Euan » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:28 am

Hamilton boss Martin Canning expects midfielder Greg Docherty to still be at the club by the end of the January transfer window despite interest from Rangers. (Daily Mail, print edition)

From today’s Scottish Football gossip on the BBC Sport app
Euan
Premiership

Postby Carshaltoncpfc » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:03 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:I see we have signed a striker from 2 Leagues below the English Conference-7th tier.

Palace season ticket holder who also follows my local non league team Carshalton athletic ! Forget the level he plays at , you’ve signed a gem ! Mickel is one of the players who have come through our academy , he nearly signed for sheff wed earlier in the season after appearing in the Jamie vardy academy tv series. I know palace we’re looking as well as I sent them a video that was made and got a reply from mark bright !! So fair play to your scouting team !
I’ll try and post the vid that was made so you can see for yourself , personally gutted he’s gone , I get to see Wilfred Zaha one week then mickel if I don’t go to palace away , he Reminds me of him , I rate him that highely !! Be interesting to see if he gets in your first team straight away , possibly not I assume ? Anyhow good luck for the season, be a few of us keeping an eye out !!!
Carshaltoncpfc
Pub League

Postby Carshaltoncpfc » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:13 pm

Carshaltoncpfc wrote:
YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:I see we have signed a striker from 2 Leagues below the English Conference-7th tier.

Palace season ticket holder who also follows my local non league team Carshalton athletic ! Forget the level he plays at , you’ve signed a gem ! Mickel is one of the players who have come through our academy , he nearly signed for sheff wed earlier in the season after appearing in the Jamie vardy academy tv series. I know palace we’re looking as well as I sent them a video that was made and got a reply from mark bright !! So fair play to your scouting team !
I’ll try and post the vid that was made so you can see for yourself , personally gutted he’s gone , I get to see Wilfred Zaha one week then mickel if I don’t go to palace away , he Reminds me of him , I rate him that highely !! Be interesting to see if he gets in your first team straight away , possibly not I assume ? Anyhow good luck for the season, be a few of us keeping an eye out !!!

Not sure if this works !
https://twitter.com/mickelmiller/status ... ty.Message
Carshaltoncpfc
Pub League

Postby Carshaltoncpfc » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:18 pm

Carshaltoncpfc wrote:
Carshaltoncpfc wrote:

Not sure if this works !

Another one !
Carshaltoncpfc
Pub League

Postby Euan » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:30 pm

Looks good, skilled at running with the ball and a good finisher.
Thanks for posting.
Euan
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:42 pm

We need guys who can hit the ground running and both signings are guys who may need time to settle in to Scottish Football...never mind the weather(snowing heavily today lol).

We need to get a couple of battle hardened players which will help these guys as there is too much pressure on them to perform right away which as yesterday shows is an imperative.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:13 pm

Looks a similar player to Temps.
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:33 pm

As previously stated,Pub Team.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:50 am

Carshaltoncpfc wrote:

Good to hear, I hope is he a gem but time will tell.
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

PreviousNext

Return to The Accies