January transfer window

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: January transfer window

Postby Don van Vliet » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:07 pm

I don't know what you're reading from so shouldn't really comment, but (!) if it's something written by a journalist, then who's to know what was actually said!
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Law of Averages? There is no law of averages.
Don van Vliet
Seaside Leagues

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:48 am

We should be looking to keep Docherty till the summer as any transfer fee received would be negated by the loss of income if we go down
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:46 am

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:We should be looking to keep Docherty till the summer as any transfer fee received would be negated by the loss of income if we go down

If we go down then his value will drop i think.

More reports today of Devlin being watched by a host of clubs... they guy has been out injured for the best part of 2 seasons where is all this coming from :?
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby Bluesy » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:17 pm

The Devlin stuff is really baffling to me.
Who would pay money for him now?
I also believe that Gogic and Thomas are better players
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:16 pm

I think the Devlin stuff is just pure fluff. I expect Ali and Devlin to sign with other clubs in the summer when they are out of contract. By the time Devlin makes it back from injury, he's going to take a long time to get back to the form he showed pre-injury.
Greg rumours seem to be picking up more and more steam, I heard an improved deal of around 500k has been offered to Accies. Also...maybe reading too much into this, Docherty's Twitter profile is now stripped of any mentions of Accies in his profile, as well as no photos of him in an Accies kit anymore = \
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:28 pm

I don't think you are reading too much into it at all.
Signs are things are moving at a fast pace tonight and young Doc could be paraded in a light blue jersey as early as Friday am.
Gutted.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby accies1874 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:57 pm

Fuck him.
accies1874
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:58 pm

Hearing he's gone to Rangers for 600k
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:07 pm

Bluesy wrote:Hearing he's gone to Rangers for 600k

I find it alarming that he's changed his Twitter profile so promptly, almost like he's letting us know ahead of the announcement. REALLY disappointed that we would sell a potential future superstar to a team in the same league as us 20 miles up the road. If the club had any balls, they'd hold Greg till summer, where he will have MULTIPLE clubs interested thanks to all this generated media coverage.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Gav » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:15 pm

We cant afford to turn down £600K. I just dont believe Sevco have that amount of cash.
Gav
Championship

Postby Willie Wastle » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:19 pm

Good luck to Greg. Model pro. With Accies since he was 9. Has learned his trade and prospered, and has secured his dream move to the club he supports.

I wish he could have stayed with us longer, but the Greg Docherty story sends out a powerful message to ambitious and talented boys considering joining us - if you play well for us, you'll catch the eye, and will be allowed to move on with our club's blessing.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby judgeflash » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:20 pm

Gav wrote:We cant afford to turn down £600K. I just dont believe Sevco have that amount of cash.

It'll be 600k top end. So they will pay around 60% of that just now, further percentages based on appearances.

I think it's a stupid move, Greg isn't guaranteed in a team flooded with midfielders. Why do we always lose important players in January? ugh.
judgeflash
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:22 pm

Really really disappointed if true. He’s far better than a move to rangers. Would have preferred him to move down south and really progress his career, his next move from the there could have been massive.

Hope we get our money upfront from them.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:36 pm

So when "Rangers" go tits up again and we've only received a couple of hundred grand, what happens then?
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Amoutahere1874 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:35 am

accies1874 wrote:Fuck him.

No thanks.
Amoutahere1874
Premiership

Postby PrideOfLanarkshire » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:49 am

It's a done deal, first reaction is that i'm gutted.. second is angry, is this the first time we have sold to the Old Firm?

I believe if we didn't lose that money we wouldn't be selling just now, we are skint.
PrideOfLanarkshire
Championship

Postby porcupine » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:23 pm

Where are you seeing it 'a done deal?' Can't find anything at 11.23am Friday?

And, no, not the first time. We sold a certain Bobby Shearer to Rangers, (probably also for far less than he was worth) who went on to far better things for them and Scotland.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:49 pm

Yes I can't see anything either- it was Rangers fans who told me so assuming it was on follow follow. Actually at home today so got sky sports news on constantly and not a whiff. Emerson Hyndman is probably going to Rangers on loan is the only thing (is he a midfielder)?
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Bomber Harris » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:41 pm

Docherty not in the squad tomorrow nor was at training today. See ya Greg ya wee prIck
Fat Alan has left the building. Cheers ta pirate
Bomber Harris
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:58 pm

Bomber Harris wrote:Docherty not in the squad tomorrow nor was at training today. See ya Greg ya wee prIck

Listen, let's not get offensive on something which is only speculation at this stage. Greg Docherty has been an excellent player for the Club over many years at all levels and does not deserve any abuse from BH or others.

Should he go to another football club, and for a significantly improved salary, then who would not do the same? Whether Sevco have the funds to pay Accies in the first instance, or to pay players on a long term basis, is for those who contract with them, to decide for themselves. Also whether regular football would be forthcoming is also a consideration.

If the Club has received a real 'cash' offer, for a figure which they see as required at this time, (due to their own financial mismanagement of the Club's bank account), then we should really try to understand why this 'sale' is possibly going through.

This does, in no way, make most of us happy about possibly loosing a good player at this point, We weaken the team, just before an important Cup tie, and let go someone who would probably have a much greater value for himself, and the Club. with another full season under his belt. For GD to possibly go to Rangers, is still a short-sighted policy decision on all fronts, IMO.
porcupine
Premiership

PreviousNext

Return to The Accies